Honestly why don't you think we should make $15/hr?

Honestly why don't you think we should make $15/hr?

>23
>work 2 jobs
>can't afford rent so i have to live with my parents

Its bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2_FdeYvub6U
money.cnn.com/2014/05/22/technology/innovation/fast-food-robot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're bullshit.

What makes you believe you deserve 15$/hour?

Because you think that throwing together a fast food burger and mopping up piss is worth $15/hr. Have you thought of what the hell it would do to the value of said dollar if the minimum wage rose that much? The cost of living would sky-rocket.

because raising wages that much would cause massive inflation and hurt the economy overall, and probably cause a recession. not even us making minimum wage very much when the economy finally recovers

Become a truck driver, like 4 weeks of training than you'll be making at least $50,000 a year.

Because I'm a person and i don't deserve to be treated like this

The only reason why ~$10 is the minimum wage is because if we cranked it up too far, the cost of automation would be less than that of your wages.
So it's cheaper to engineer/maintain a robot, than it is to pay you.
You are also easily replaceable. Especially by migrant workers/immigrants. They don't know, nor care, about their rights. They're just happy to be away from the shithole they came from.

Its a billion dollar industry without us they wouldn't be making anywhere near that.we deserve to at least make a liveable wage

kys

I work part time 35 hours a week for $11.50. Can still afford a small cheap apartment. How you work two jobs and can't makes me think you're spending too much on crack.

Too late. The cost of living has already skyrocketed in most places.

Just so you can get replaced by a kiosk or outsourced labor.
Go to school, moron. Make more than $15.

It's not about "deserving" dumbass. It's about the fact that wages have not gone up with inflation, destroying the middle class and making the poor poorer in a "first world" nation.

That's already coming regardless.

What you feel is called self-entitlement.

Flipping burgers shouldn't support you, it's a job for teens to get their license and buy their car or for retired folks that are tired of sitting around all day.

Robots are to far off and the technology is to expensive

Read

Minimum wage workers are useless meat drones that SHOULD NEVER WANT TO CONTINUE WORKING A MINIMUM WAGE JOB FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE AND FIGHT AND STRIVE AND LEARN FOR BETTER.

You believe in evolution don't you? You aren't some woo woo nut job that thinks you were created by a spaghetti monster? If you believe in evolution than you do not believe in minimum wage.

>better give McDonald's burger flippers underemployment benefits instead

We don't always get what we "deserve".

Literally all of those falsehoods have been refuted countless times. It's getting really boring.

Pick up a trade. I'm 22 and I'm making 17 an hour as an electrical apprentice, once i get my license it'll be 25+ and a 5 year journeyman makes 35+ it's not hard to make money just don't be lazy, earn it.

Because if we had a $15 minimum wage then the jerbs creators would not be able to hire as many workers and that means fewer jerbs. With a wage like it is now they can increase profits and use some of that money, and the kindness of their own hearts, to create more jerbs. See, obamercare is from a black Muslim and that's against the Christian values of jerbs creators like Mark Zuckerblerg.

15$/hour would probably raise rent in the long run. I work 50-60 hours a week at an average of 12.5$/hour and I manage rent just fine

I should also note that i'm actually for higher minimum wage, just not 15$/hr. maybe like 8-10$/hr federally.

Crack, $700 phone, gaming system, organic foods marked up to absurd prices to scam hipsters.
There's lots of things these people could be doing better.
But the people bitching for $15 are mostly college kids and people from middle class backgrounds.
They don't know how to live frugal. They don't know what a hard life is. They expect to leave the home and have everything as it's always been.

Hell, these people's grandparents used to work two or three fucking jobs just to make ends meet. Did they bitch? Fuck no, they went right along working on the arm ripper, the leg snapper, the head crusher, the finger chewer. Whatever machine their bosses needed them to operate!

Not on crack i live in chicago. Full time mcdonalds and on the weekend i work in a warehouse

there are people with degrees who only make about 15 an hour, get over yourself.
You don't matter

Is trapping a good trade to get into?

>i have a shitty education and an even shittier job

>pay me more

the new world order gentleman, get used to it.

SEA fag here. I do make $15. Plus tips I'm getting about $35/hr which is nice and something you can actually live with.

>EVERYBODIES GUNNA BE RICH CAUSE WE'RE JUST GUNNA PRINT MORE MONEY! WHY HAS NOONE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE????!!!!!!

getting more of something that's value doesn't change makes that something less valuable.

>have fun when that minimum wage hike is meaningless when all services and fees increase to make up for it.

>go to school while working two jobs just to make the money one would be making if wages went up with inflation.

Retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=2_FdeYvub6U politics is bollocks

It's not. Automated kiosks have already started replacing cashiers in fast food joints.
Now the remaining few get to stare at their replacements all day.

Technology is advancing at an astounding rate. The software engineers are making it very viable too.

This article from three years ago might help your failing logic: money.cnn.com/2014/05/22/technology/innovation/fast-food-robot/

Also, you need viable skills.

This exactly. Why do people seem to think that more money= more wealth? It doesn't, because the only value money has is the idea people give it. The dollar's value has already been dropping, and if all of the poor suddenly make twice what they used to, you know what's going to happen? Massive inflation, and the end result is that prices will double and the dollar's value will be halved. Employers are going to fire you because they can't pay for you and replace you with a robot. It's what has been happening in McDonald's - expensive whiny lazy workers who take orders replaced by machines where people can just type in what they want.

that's literally the leading economic theory currently.

provide evidence or shut the fuck up.

get a job working at a factory. they hire ex-cons and dropouts and make 15/hr and its easier work than most minimum wage jobs.

Actually with the population and people going to school and not landing jobs even with the education done they end up in these jobs. Don't act like everyone goes to school and gets the job they want doesn't happen like that anymore for alot of people.

working 50-60 hours to survive is not acceptable in America. We should be at half that for a bare minimum lifestyle.

The reason this is bad is because people who own smaller businesses and practices won't be able to pay their employees, they will have to close shop making it easier for big business to monopolize. Soon your local coffee shops, book shops, repair shops, EVERY COMPANY THAT EMPLOYS ANYBODY ect. will be completely at the mercy of the SKYNET Gods who will continue to lobby for measures that will suppress your freedoms and do damage to the planet.

$15/hr = Win for AnarchoCapitalism & Loss for anybody who isn't a billionaire.

> Wanting a minimum wage at all

Reported for not understanding supply and command

Leddit meme mildly related

Probably make more money then most doing that fam u do u

Then maybe they shouldn't have majored in Privilege Checking or Bull Prepping.

Bullshit. The baby boomers fucked up the job market so bad the only place hiring is mcdonalds. This is no longer a teen job

The software engineers will have made themselves obsolete within 10 years

yes but they work 40 hours or more and can live comfortably whereas a burger wage worker will only be working 24 hours a week

Spoken like a wise adult.

Tell that to my friends who went to school but cannot land a job b/c the field is to oversaturated. They did the work now what asshole?

If you deserved that much your employer would be paying it to you already. When the government forces an employer to pay more than a job is worth, the job is taken away.

When George Osborne hiked up the minimum wage in the UK to a Living Wage, he admitted it would directly destroy 20,000 jobs.

How does taking a job away from the low paid unskilled help them?

Treated like what? Nobody forced you to take that job. You chose to take it. You don't like it then work on getting training or education to earn more.

Doubtful. But they will have to continuously study to keep up to date or they'll be replaced by the next batch of college graduates.

99% of economists disagree with your ignorance. You need to shut the fuck.

>because the only value money has is the idea people give it.
Well, that and my Porsche.

>requiring employers to share more of the profits =/= printing money

Then what the fuck do you spend all your income on? Reduce your expenses and get educated, don't be stupid. This world eats stupid people and shits them out.

I'm 23, own a 140k house and drive 2015 Chevrolet 2500 high country with 20k miles. Try harder.

I worked as an industrial electrician and put myself through night and online classes for an associates on electrical science. Now my companies desperate to keep me to prevent me from being a technician.

No, you are paid by your skill..And if your skill is a shit-tard, you make less.. just the way it is chump..

... that's just not true. both Keynesian and neo-classical economics agree with me.

>working 50-60 hours to survive is not acceptable in America

what a lazy asshole, do your parents still cut the crust off your sandwiches?

They'll either be forced to learn something useful to the job market or starve to death, as nature intended.

Economics is a bullshit field of study.

Fuck this turd.

You don't deserve how you're being treated? How's that? You have TWO jobs, and some people can't find ONE. The problem is you have shitty jobs, because you have no trade skills or are a dunce.

Learn a skill, learn a trade. Someone suggested driving a truck, which is a great idea and a good living. Become an electrician, a plumber, an HVAC tech.

Stop being a whiny pussy.

ITT: fuckwits still trying to defend trickle down economics. Surely it will work this time!

your friend literally has to go back
and get a useful degree. drop the career feminist dance-eating degree

Its probably pretty likely that you people just straight don't deserve to make more then 15k a year.

So what your really saying is pick a field thats hiring and forget your dreams in highschool.

Own, or are mortgaged to the hilt? Just asking for clarification, not trying to be an ass.

>99% of economists
Sources? Because I have a feeling you aren't an economist if you think raising minimum wage is the solution and not the problem.
Fucking retard.

That's why I decided to be a welfare bum. Fuck slaving away 40 to 50 hours a week and not being able to pay for rent and food.

lol no. you are a drone.

until you have kids, then you're a meal ticket.

get over yourself.

Again, more falsehoods that have been refutes literally countless times. Read a fucking book for once instead of being spoon fed bullshit by your favorite fat rich old man morning talk show host.

Because money and skills pay in the free market. You shouldn't get $15/hr for a no skill job.

Small businesses can't afford it. They'll just cut staff and or raise prices. Large Companies will automate when the cost of labor exceeds the cost of automation.

Don't like it? Acquire skills.

The minimum wage is like $17.70 in Australia. If you're working full time you should at least have a decent standard of living. Just cos someone flips your burgers or stacks your shelves doesn't mean you're better than them.

All I'm saying is if the minimum wage was hiked then all wages would have to be hiked. That would lower the value of the dollar and it would be the same as it is now with higher numbers. Get a skill and improve yourself.
Unskilled people should not expect a good salary working at a fast food restaurant. Those jobs are intended for younger workers who do not need the money.
I'm 19 and I work a job that pays 13 per hour with overtime. It wasn't easy to find but it's not impossible to find unskilled work at reasonable pay

>leading economic theory
>economics is bullshit
You may pick one

Fine. Keep working two jobs like an underpaid whore. You deserve it.

Because it's a high schoolers job that has no requirements. Wanna make more money find a trade job or something that requires learning a skill. Nobody was meant to live off a fast food job. Also if you get 15 an hour that'll cause a huge inflation because now they gotta adjust everything else. Would just cause a problem for the country. And they'd replace you with machines.

As long as my wage goes up as a result of this, I don't give a shit. I'd love to make over 30 an hour

It's not fucking difficult to look up the facts about what economists say. If you refuse to do so, that's not my problem.

Because a burger flipper doesn't deserve to make the same wage as a paramedic.

I wish. In Britain the government puts up everyone else's taxes to support them in a life of luxury.

that's not me. i'm not going to give up and say economics is bullshit because i'm "losing" an argument.

Ya but I do more than survive. My apt is cozy af and I don't blow tons of money on drugs. I can save for undergrad classes and I eat decently and I have a gym membership.

15K per year is plenty to live off of if you're not tied to some shithole city. These city kids with their upper-middle class parents honestly believe they can afford to live in a city where the labor market is strong and the job market is weak.

It's cause you're fucking swarming like cockroaches. Only highly skilled people and cheap mexicans can pull it off. Live in the suburbs.

>30
>work 3 jobs for the same company
>can't afford Home/Rent so pay low rent live with friends.

Because you never listened to your teachers in school who make less than 30k a year.

Your self-entitlement will result in other people losing their jobs. The only reason your working is because you're cheaper than a computer doing the same job (barely). Learn real people skills and do something worth the 15/hr.

Love, Your 5th Grade Teacher.

where I live, rent for a cheap studio apartment is $350/month including utilities. food might cost $200/month. Get a cheap reliable economy car and you'll pay $30/month for insurance, and $50/month for gas. Internet $50/month. Phone $50/month. Thats $730 a month.

>This means you can work 20 Hour weeks at $9.13/hour and survive.

because we have fat pigs that are maxing six figures per hour, faggot

We need a maximum wage. No human deserves or needs more than 10 million a year. We got people out there making hundreds of millions of dollars for doing nothing particularly productive.

>23
>not competent enough to work a job that pays rent

they should bottom out minimum wage and let social darwinism take you out of the gene pool

Everyone wants to MAGA while dismantling the New Deal which actually lead to our country's golden age. Gotta pick one, dipshits.

TANSTAAFL.

I'm a republican and I fully believe if you are working a job of any sort, you should be able to live on your own comfortably, whatever wage that means.

A mortgage I have a handle on for sure. I can make the payments on the house, truck and utilities and still have pocket about 2k depending on the month.

>trick question
>both were wrong

It won't. It never does.

My old man dealt with this when the min wage hit $10/hr.
Man worked his ass off for the wage he had! 20+ Years experience and everything! Making a buck more than a rookie fresh out of school....

Bullshit.
If you want worker apathy on the grand scale? Raise the minimum wage. Because nothing kills motivation to work hard than knowing the useless new guy is making the same buck as you.

If everyone followed their dreams nothing would work, you fucko.

welcome to the real world. if your dream isnt "software" or another related high demand job that you're goot at, get fucked. drop your stupid liberal arts degree because "i wanna be a painter" ends with you being a "sandwich superintendant" at the local foodshart at 8$/h

No doesn't work that way. You're the one refuting the claim and trying to make a point, so provide a source. You wouldn't go into an argument speech and say, "look it up lazy faggot". You just look like a retard. Guessing you didn't pay attention in high school.