Why does rap move faster than any other genre of music in our current age?

why does rap move faster than any other genre of music in our current age?

It seems like every year there's a an entirely new generation of rappers getting alot of praise, is the advancement of music production to software to blame?
are we reaching the point where professional musicians are obsolete becasue the reality is the software will be so easy to learn and use that anyone will be able to make their own music?
and then music will lose all value(commercial value)?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/jahseh-onfroy/looking-for-a-star-cant-get-you-out-my-head-prod-diplo
youtube.com/watch?v=qNs8QXZ19vM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

none of these artists are good enough to maintain any long lasting hype

>to blame

Hip hop and the music spinning off from it are where the invention is now. It seems fast only because rock has been grinding to a standstill over the last twenty-something years.

What are you talking about op, i love lil peep, lil wayne, lil b, lil ugly mane, lil kim, lil uzi vert, lil yachty, lil jon, lil kanye.

Its not cliche and stale at this point at all

Because it's disposable consumerist culture. It adapts to the newest trend, quickly loses it's appeal when a newer thing comes along, and dies. This is why every once in a while, when a rapper like Kanye West comes into picture and stays relevant for anything longer than 5-6 years, he literally becomes convinced that he's God.

Because its still reletivley new compared to other genres.

For onex he's not LITERALLY convinced he's a god, and you need to LITERALLY kill yourself. Two, Kanye dismantled the gangster rap era, and would later pioneer modern rap years before the sound caught popularity. He's renowned for a reason.

Part of is that what kind of hip-hop is big at the moment tends to change every couple of years so guys from one scene tend to just fade out. I remember back in the early to mid 00s when Dirty South and Crunk were huge on the radio and when the fuck was the last time anyone from that scene was relevant?

>Because it's disposable consumerist culture.

Fucking hell, rock was a mistake.

Not really, every single style of music to come out since rock's inception has been massively influenced and even shaped by rock and it's theatrics, including but not limited to Hip Hop. This is a fact don't even bother trying to prove me wrong.

>Two, Kanye dismantled the gangster rap era, and would later pioneer modern rap years before the sound caught popularity. He's renowned for a reason.
Then he's falsely renowned for no reason

It's because pop music is becoming hip hop and no longer rock.

fpbp
Too many people have been frantically pushing hip-hop as 'the next big thing'
I have nothing against the genre, and I think it's nice that it's getting recognition, but there really just isn't enough substance there to sustain itself as the most popular genre for any kind of extended period of time

Pop Rock is not really a thing since like, the 80's, with counted exceptions.

Instrumentally lacking songs common with hip hop seem not to matter to their fans because they're obsessed w/ meaning in lyricism.

yeah we poppin just like pablo, pablo
yeah we doin our thing like el chapo, chapo
all my niggas they are narcos, narcos

Because it's the most cynically commercial genre in existence, all puffed by fads and fashion trends. The idea of striving for lasting quality in the music isn't even part of the conversation.

Because hardly any of them make the beats / actual songs

>Kanye dismantled the gangster rap era

yeah so he removed only redeemable counter culture part of otherwise musically very lame genre. bravo...

Gangsta rap was killed by kanye.
When i was growing up rap was gangsta shit, baggy pants, guns, the ghetto. It was lower class black music.
But it was getting stale around the ringtone rap and crunk era.
I read somewhere kanye wanted to do some sort of new wave thing with rap, like new wave from the 80's.
And you can see what he meant, modern rap is super pretentious, wearing dresses, art fags, appealing more to middle class white persons or white music journalist sensibilities.

But how long has it been since kanye took over and reshaped rap?

I can feel a gangsta rap revival coming, all this weirdo meme rap is getting cliche and stale.

every dude with the colored dreads omg so original

meme grips is best thing that happened to rap music, kanye and kendrick just make music for middle class white cisshit audience. They are fucking sell outs.

lol
death grips audiences is probably a majority of white men age 25 to 30, who work an office job as a computer programmer or some shit, and think yelly nigger man is like totally rebellious

With people like Freddie Gibbs and Schoolboy Q being pretty big rn I agree with you

To understand how rap evolves, you must understand the culture of hip-hop.

The culture of hip-hop is am umbrella that encompasses many elements, such as freestyling, mixtapes, production, MCing and egoism.

There has never been a rigid rap tradition. That is to say, there has never been a style that has been so respected that subsequent styles rarely differ from it. Rap is a genre of egotistical trail-blazers who want to be remembered and the primary way to be remembered is to develop new styles and sounds.

The closest we came to a rap tradition was the old gangsta/thug rap. The martyrization of tupac spawned many clones who tried their best to imitate him, seeing him as the ultimate rapper. It happened so often it became absurd to reference tupac for many years.

sad truth is hip hop artists aren't made to last

you're signed by some (((exec))), you get a sweet advance, hopefully you're able to churn out a couple of hits before you're thrown to the curb as a has-been in massive debt

it's a terrible situation and i sadly can't see mainstream hip hop severing the ties to out-of-control materialism anytime soon

its the internets fault

lol its the most played genre worldwide on spotify.

Kayne's lyrics don't do shit for me. His beats are ok.

Because there's less quality control than in any genre, and the most talentless hacks can get millions of views, like Lil Pump and xxxtentacion
Also, the simplest difference can make hiphop plebs go ape shit, like the way tentacion got popular only because his songs are distorted and he screams a lot

>xxxtentacion

whats that? x is actually patrician af.

soundcloud.com/jahseh-onfroy/looking-for-a-star-cant-get-you-out-my-head-prod-diplo

>x is actually patrician af
he has some tiny potential but he's the best example of rappers who lack quality control
3-4 good songs in the sea of loud and distorted "fuck nigga aye"

lul you just dont "get" it grandpa

>patrician
>xxxtentacion
Why are you a dick rider? Did both your mom and dad leave you?

i dont even listen to him, but i am well versed in art entertainment and culture. he is patrician.

youtube.com/watch?v=qNs8QXZ19vM
This is how he sounds every time

nope obv didnt listen to the last song he just posted

Well that's just simply summer pop trash with weird effects.

lol whatever dad

grow a taste, you must be 18 to post here

haha ok old man

>over 1 million views in less than a day
>"g-g-grow taste!"

hahaha

because rap is as much a culture or form of entertainment as an art form

part of the enjoyment, from what I can gather, is keeping up with the new faces and what each character is up to. like a tv show or something