Why are they yellow?

Why are they yellow?

matt groaning hated the pinkish cartoon "skin color"

Seasons 9-12 are golden era

Fight me

becase they had to pee really bad but they held it in for all the years and now they dont need to pee any more!! lol

my friend keith told me that joke its funny

I always thought they were supposed to be racially ambiguous like lego people.

Then they added a black guy.

ahaha keith that madman

Wasn't it because he drew the simpsons up on post-its 10 minutes before his meeting with fox? If I recall correctly, he was supposed to do a cartoon adaptation of Life in Hell, but Fox wanted to own the full rights (both the show and cartoon), so he drew the simpsons up. All the characters are named after member of his family, besides Bart (which is just brat with the R and A switched)

Hepatitis

Sounds like a load of shit

>Pick any episode from seasons 1-8
>Pause the episode at any moment
>Guaranteed 10/10 reaction image

How did they do it?

i don't know but even if that's true that doesn't explain why they're yellow. they talked about it in some commentary track and i think they said that it wasn't even groenings idea to make them yellow.

it's probably something you can just google and get the real answer though

MONORAIL

yellow is distinct and when you flip channels you were more likely to stop and watch because you'd instantly think "why are they yellow" and be curious

Outsourcing to korea

>it wasn't even groenings idea to make them yellow.

Did you even read my thing. He drew them in 10 minutes with post-its.
And I'm pretty sure that was on a commentary track on season 7 (since it's the only season I own.)

I recall being told this before

If you dumb fuckers didn't torrent everything you would know the answer to this. It's answered on the DVD commentary track for season 1, episode 4.

Or you know, you could just google it you brain dead peasants.

You have to go back

I think it something about the Simpsons being recognised by a single colour

don't have a cow man

I went back and here I am.

they always had black people

hee hee :)

>Its a golden era episode

As far as I can remember, the reason is that Groening originally sketched the characters in black and white without thinking about how they'd be colored, and the idea of making them yellow was pitched by David Silverman to solve the problem of Bart's hair being continuous with his head.

That's really funny!

I rewatched some early Simpsons recently and it literally triggered an intense existential panic when I realised that when I die all my treasured Simpsons memories will be wiped away forever and there's nothing I can do about it :(