/cfb/ general - PREPARE THYSELVES

B1G title game is best title game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNllR0fHKOc
xmas.moe/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you like meaningless football games between overrated teams.

Ohio State will be in the playoffs and you cucks can't do a damn thing about it.

>the game that determines the champion of the strongest conference in college football is meaningless
Southern education, everybody!

3rd for Gators rock

First post best post.

FUCK

Does PSU have a chance?

dubs for penn state win

AAC championship game is going to be lit

>conference champions mattering when the East runner up is going to be your conference's playoff team

Wisconsin and OSU both clearly deserve to make the playoffs

The winner isn't going to the playoffs. This is the verbatim definition of meaningless.

Wisconsin's best wins are two losses

The only way a second B1G team should get in is if Clemson or Washington lose this weekend

Reminder that Alabama would go 5-7 in the Big "Dick" Ten.

If Washington beats Colorado, there will be only 7 teams in the top 10 with two losses or fewer.

There will be a team in the top 8 with three losses.

People who want an 8 team playoff unironically want three loss teams playing for national titles.

there is at least a 50% chance that either Clemson or Washington lose, then the winner will certainly go to the playoffs, and the winner is legitimately more deserving than either of those teams so there is also the small chance the comittee gets it right and puts the winner in regardless, plus we don't really know how the committee values conference championships so there is the off chance they will pass OSU, but I don't think its particularly likely

Probably a 50-60% chance the winner of this game gets in, If you want to see a real meaningless CCG just look to the SEC where Bama is in no matter what and Florida is irrelevant

Here's your (You)

>beat three teams in the top 9
And why would I not want them in the playoffs?

This, and all signs point to that team being Michigan

Wisconsin is in the top 4 in strength of record already (and a PSU win would boost that significantly)

Nah, whoever wins the title would hop them.

This is just a weak year, it's not normally like that. 2008 had 9 undefeated or one-loss teams at the end of the regular season.

Thats a rather absurd way to analyze the evidence. There is virtually zero separation between Wisconsin and Michigan and an additional top 10 win and conference championship would undoubtedly push them up

Michigan destroyed both PSU and Wisconsin they'd get in over either

This is objectively a good thing, college is fucking boring when the top teams win every fucking week.
Remember that the non meme conferences are all going to 9 game conference schedule, banning 1aa opponents and encouraging at least 1 major OOC opponent, so teams will have more losses going forward as schedules become better. Now the SEC just needs to get with the times

head to head is and should be irrelevant, and Michigan beat UW by one possession at home, it was tied well into the 4th quarter, and they couldn't even win their division that they share with PSU

It doesn't matter if it's not normally like that. Three loss teams WILL be in the playoffs, and it won't be rare.

Honestly two loss teams shouldn't even be in it unless there aren't four with fewer than that. There's never been a champion with more than one loss except for 2007, and that was only because everyone had two losses.

Naw we are gonna get Michigan in at 4. Maybe 3 so they face OSU in the semifinals.

>Turkey Dinner Bowl 2.0 Hype Video
youtube.com/watch?v=wNllR0fHKOc

Who's ready?

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Washington

5)Wisconsin
6)Michigan
7)Oklahoma
8) USC

>the SEC just needs to get with the times

>SEC wins the natty almost every year

>other conferences make it even harder for their teams to win natties

>get mad when the SEC just watches them shoot themselves in the foot

Penn Sate literally deserves to go to the playoffs if they win. Ohio State fags will deny this.
>Mfw it's Alabama-LSU BCS bullshit all over again

My bad, I agree, Michigan has wins over #6, #7, AND #8. The SH1G championship should change nothing.

However, polls tend to overvalue the most recent game, and the committee dose this a bit too.

But the first two years of the playoffs had stronger fields than this year. Granted, the B1G is just now starting their 9 game conference schedule but they are also the best conference right now so that didn't fuck their records up too badly this year. 2007 is proof that sometimes down years across the sport happen.

I think 2017 will be much stronger across the board. Ohio State and Washington will have tons of experienced starters. USC will also have lots of talented experience coming back, plus they aren't going to piss away September again since Darnold will be the starter from day one. Alabama reloads but they are losing almost their entire front seven so they shouldn't be as dominant, at least not until later in the season, plus the other 13 teams in the SEC can't possibly be this mediocre two years in a row.

You mean Bama wins the natty almost every year and the SEC games the system by playing FCS teams in late November instead of a 9th conference game to prop up their win/loss records.

>a team that beat LSU and stood toe-to-toe with Michigan and tOSU back to back is overrated

How's the tailgating atmosphere at Clumpson? Thinking of watching my team play there next year.

Playoffs should be the top 4 ranked conference champions or independents. No runner-ups. OSU and Michigan should not be in. If Alabama, Washington, or Clemson lose this week, they should not be in.

So you would be OK with a playoff of Colorado, Oklahoma State, Florida and Penn State if we had that system and a ton of upsets in conference championship games? That would be a terrible playoff and the best teams would all be excluded.

The SEC's been playing 8 conference games for decades. Just because other conferences enjoy shutting themselves out like a bucket of crabs doesn't mean the SEC should.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You'll get spit on by a guy with 2 teeth and stabbed by the estranged father of one of the players.

Should just be best resumes, period. The reason OSU is above Penn State despite pretty similar records is that OSU has three wins over top 9 teams while Penn State has one good win.

Wrong. A conference title should be valued as if one of the losses were crossed out. An 11-2 conference champion should have as much credit in W-L as an 11-1 team.

Compromise: 8-team playoff with 6 auto-bids for conference champs (5 Power 5 and 1 G5), plus two wild cards.

Die.

>One G5 auto-bid
Absolutely not. The G5 should never be given that kind of recognition.

It would be redundant this year. Troy is the best team in the conference, bar none.

If you make a firm rule like that you're at risk of having a playoff that looks like this:
1) Penn State
2) Colorado
3) Oklahoma State
4) Florida

That's garbage that nobody will watch and it doesn't make sense. The whole season counts, and getting lucky on how a conference or division shakes out doesn't make you a good team.

Rice Owls.

The campus is gorgeous, and you can walk around the entire place during pregame. The fans are usually very nice and typically hospitable.

You have your assholes here and there just like any campus. As long as you don't make an ass of yourself as a visitor then you won't be given shit. SC fans don't have as much leeway before things can get heated.

You arguably won't find a better college game day and night game experience.

I don't care if there are assholes, is the place fun to be at?

Yes. You will have a great time.

No. You will have a horrible time.

Maybe. You will have an alright time.

Also, I'd wager that outside of SC fans, most people would say that Clemson is great for tailgating and the live experience inside Death Valley. No matter how they actually feel about Clemson as a team.

Western Michigan would obviously get in an eight team playoff

I ordered my pizza 40 minutes ago and it's still not here I am pissed

Is there any reason for Alabama to play their starters against Florida? There's no possible way they fall out of the top 4 with a loss, is there? Why risk injury if the results of the SEC title game is completely meaningless?

No one hates to agree with a tripfag more than me, but Temple/Navy is gonna be fuckin' dope as fuck.

Go Navy.

Not with the committee. An automatic bid for G5 seems dumb, that's a two loss team with a midmajor schedule.

WMU can earn their place the way everyone else does, by beating good teams. The best team they beat was Air Force.

G5 getting recognition is how we breed new P5 teams.

Or do you turn up your nose at Utah, Louisville, Rutgers, Maryland. WVU and TCU?

>not wanting to watch Troy vs App State

Fucken n00b.

i agree if winning the B1G title game magically erases one of their loses

Not with any committee. their ranking is not playoff worthy.

They'll get to the NY6 if they beat Ohio U this weekend, and if they win the bowl game we can have this conversation again. But until that day, their schedule doesn't warrant it.

Okay, so if Clemson and Washington both lose and have 2 losses with Michigan also having 2-losses, why would the B1G champ not go? Whose loss gets magically erased in this scenario?

sure, but it said they "literally deserve to go if they win"

two conditions added onto that doesn't count.

>Or do you turn up your nose at Utah, Louisville, Rutgers, Maryland. WVU and TCU?
Rutgers and Maryland should just cancel their football programs. Absolute garbage.

I created a chart showing the average team rank of each conference. Unranked teams count as 26 (considered changing this to something higher like 3). Obviously the lower the number the better.

According to this:
B1G>PAC12>Big12>SEC>ACC

These are pure numbers. Any other opinion is irrelevant.

This guy walks up and slaps your loli's ass. What do you do?

In this case, I could see a scenario where they can't keep Michigan out, because they'll have beaten the Big Ten Champ and Colorado. So you have

1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Michigan
4) ????

So the committee just doesn't want to put 3 Big Ten Teams in, they have an easy cop out. 2 loss Colorado is an easy way to avoid that. So know you've got

1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Michigan
4) Colorado

Although personally in that scenario, I think they'll leave out Michigan for the Big Ten Champ

I agree. I think that the BCG winner will probably go, but if it's a very close/ugly game Michigan may.

>highest rank is 9th
>third best because they have 4 less teams
jej

>w-would you like some hot sausage with that mr. paterno sir

I'd be like, "I thought you preferred little boys."

>expansive conferences with shit teams shouldn't be punished for having excessive shitty schools

yeah, pretty much. Although I don't see Clemson losing, so this point may be moot

I think it's fucking hilarious that there are people who don't believe that Alabama could beat the Browns. Two of the best players in the NFL right now (Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot) are rookies. We all remember them tearing up college teams like it was yesterday. Did that one year difference between the college game and the pros make *that* much of a difference? Of course not. Because the difference in quality between college football elites and the NFL is slim at best. And there is no greater congregation of college football elites than Alabama. They didn't allow a fucking touchdown in the last four games. Every other team in college football has lost at least two games since the last time Alabama was defeated. Whenever Alabama loses a game, it's always due to a fluke or some miracle. Think about the kick six. Complete miracle. Once in a lifetime. Go back to the Ole Miss game last year, Bama's only loss; it took a herculean effort from $wag Kelly and some seriously, seriously lucky plays to beat Bama. Pic very much related.

Bottom line is this: on a fair playing field with minimal to no fuckery from the football gods, Alabama is the greatest team in the nation, regardless of league. They would fucking annihilate the Browns. This shit wouldn't even be remotely close. Alabama is going to systematically destroy Florida. Lord have mercy on the unfortunate souls that have to face Alabama in the playoffs. Christ they're going to get just shredded.

They'll probably be in for a quarter.

>in this scenario Michigan beat the Pac-12 champ, the B1G champ, and the B1G runner-up, all of whom are in the top 10
>get passed by both of them

You're probably right though that they'd choose this way.

Yeah, unfortunately, I never said it was right/fair

Please just let this happen so we can stop discussing it forever.

Also Bama needs to not to lose to a college team for an entire season first. Fucking Auburn has done that more than them this century.

Who
>comfy for Christmas
Here?

When do All-American awards come out?

>finals and final papers season

not out into the /comfy/ quite yet

It's 80 degrees here. Not quite in the spirit yet.

make unranked teams worth 128. idk if you're memeing but the fact that you think it's mathematically sound is funny.

Me!

xmas.moe/

I don't believe it for a second. Hocutt said about 5 different times that the margin between Michigan and Washington was razor thin, and Washington is a 1 loss team.

>finals and papers season
Same familam
Currently doing an engy HW and then going to watch some video classes from my lazy cunt of a professor who refuses to teach us and instead goes on vacation and makes us watch 3 year old videos.

with unranked teams counting as 50 points, the results are:
PAC>B1G>SEC>ACC>BIG12

statistically, the Pac12 is the best conference

>graduated last December
>tfw first December in years that won't make me want to kill myself from the constant all-nighters, exams and papers
>tfw thanks to great job I actually have enough money to buy Christmas presents for the first time in my life

exactly, it's based on an arbitrary number you give unranked teams, 50 or 60 would be kind of close to accurate given the number of total fbs schools, but you wouldn't get anything close to correct unless you went through every unranked team's current position outside the top 25.

If Penn State wins and Michigan is put in than you have 2 teams in the playoff from the toughest division and toughest conference in football, but neither of those two teams are the champ. If you value the regular season at all there is no way you can put Michigan ahead of Penn State, the only reason Ohio State is ahead is because they have one less loss.

not really, past 30 the totals just start to grow but the conference ranks stay the same.
the only difference is whether the unranked should count as 26 or something higher like 30, and that only impacts if the Pac or B1G is #1

Time. No will have a great you.