Does loneliness ever get easier?

Does loneliness ever get easier?

it's all downhill from here bud

and that is a good thing

become a degen and find happiness in insanity

if you're a man, yes

if you're a woman, no

I feel like I should fill the time but my ambitions are all lame as shit.

I'm about to graduate with a master's and I've been offered to continue to do a PhD in a field that nobody gives a shit about. I feel like it could be an alright way of spending my time (whilst working), but it's still doesn't feel like my life is worthwhile. I still go home just to sleep or read. I still have nobody to love.

It gets way better. People fuckin suck. They are only there to build up your emotions which will inevitably tear down and destroy you.
Learn to fight for yourself, or you'll have a miserable dependency to other faggots who aren't worth the time of day.

similar situation, currently in grad school for philosophy but am a drug addict degen loner

it does.
step one: understand that we all die alone.
step two: move on with your life.
if you fail step 2 you are probably a fag.

Yes. Yes it does. You learn to enjoy your own company. And by that, I mean eventually you just start talking to yourself because you stop giving a fuck. I've accepted the loneliness and whole heartily embraced it. The last humans I spent a lot of time around were toxic as fuck and i didn't realize until it was too late. My ex was abusive as fuck as well, but i figured that out after the fact. Most people in this world are fucking useless or are delusional

It simply depends on your mind state, you can be happy simply if you allow yourself to be happy. You can also just focus and brood on negative feelings and choose to embrace them as well. One person could mentally frame loneliness as a positive aspect of their life, as if they are finally free of outside interference and can focus on introspective inflection, they seek and crave solitude. While others can see themselves as possessing a character flaw that has pushed them into solitude outside of their control, they will focus on a negative feedback loop of criticizing themselves and assuming that the pain they cause themselves to feel could be solved by some sort of acquisition of a something. The irony there is that if they do reach an acquisition it does not fix the feeling or pain left in the emptiness, that is simply a feeling that they mentally are addicted to and seek out mental feedback loops to experience.

There are monks who live life in close to solitude with poverty conditions who are considered enlightened and live a life of confidence and happiness dedicated to a life of meditation. While simultaneously there are materialists with possessions of insurmountable wealth who are drowning in sexual gratification, material possessions and social validation and drugs who are hopelessly suicidal and depressed.

How you feel is based on how you allow yourself to think.

Yeah, after a decade or so you start to prefer being yourself.

Loving is overrated. Try sculpting your body. You'll feel great. It's a promise. Hit the gym and keep at it. Best feeling in the world.

So many edgy 17 year olds in this thread.

allow yourself to think? what the hell does that means anyway?

Try to kick the drugs man. You're clearly a clever dude, don't waste your mind and ideas on that shit.

I'd like to get to the same point as you, thanks user.

This is what I've been doing for a bit now actually. I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and run 2 times a week. I've felt a lot better ever since I started so I think I'll keep at it. Maybe one day I'll get rid of my skinnyfat physique too. Thanks user.

Your life is not worthwhile. Nobody's life is worthwhile.

On a long enough timeline, humanity will be extinct and even the lifelong work of Einstein or Shakespeare will die with our species.

Don't live for some sense of objective importance. The best we can do is learn to let go of our fear and find pleasure and laughter in otherwise mundane moments.

If you enjoy your field, keep at it. Love will come if you seek it out.

Also get on a legit bodybuilding program. I'm an oldfag, 33 now, and I have just started seriously working out 4x a week and I cannot believe, even in my older age, how fast the transition has been. It's insanely gratifying, releases tons of stress, and makes me feel way better about my flaws.

The momentum of caring about your body carries over into everything.

No. It gets worse every day. Trust me. For the last 15 years I have only left home for 8 hours of work a day. I haven't talked to anyone in private all that time

To be fair, you all do alleviate the loneliness a bit. For the asshole of the internet, for years you guys have always been cool to me. As gay as I'm sure it sounds: thank you fellas.

>Don't live for some sense of objective importance.
I try not to but maybe I'm just stuck in a vortex of feelings of inadequacy. I need to learn to let go.

>If you enjoy your field, keep at it.
I do like it. Analysis and problem solving are something that keep me interested.

I feel like you find working out almost a spiritual experience, I want to get on that level. Should I just start with /fit/ sticky or do you have any other tips?

If your living situation allows for it, get a pet. Not like a fish or lizard or something purely for aesthetics, get a cat or a dog. Something you can interact with at any time. They are amazing companions and they don't have shitty opinions sculpted by society. They love you for who you are and what you do for them. Lotta cat hate on the internet but I've taught my cat more tricks than most dog owners I know.

Depends on what and how much drugs you do.

>thinks all life is completely worthless
>still bothers trying to enjoy things

why? You're gonna die and then basically your entire existence will have been wiped out, including all your experiences.

Probably not. I recomend that you seek social activities.