Apologize

apologize

I hate his stupid face desu senpai

sorry

sorry senpai

Sorry autismo

Are chess players more intelligent than your average person?

Their cognitive thinking skills are certainly higher than your average Joe. Understanding chess theory and crunching out 10+ moves in advance requires a high IQ and/or super autism.

yes

if you count a literal autism superpower as "intelligence" then yes

autism can cause all sorts of quirks that have your brain spike in certain areas - like musical prowess and math and so on

but that doesn't make them smarter though because they can be suuuuuper good at one thing but then they severely lack in other things like social acumen and so on

No, they just know the game

Are starcraft 2 players more intelligent than your average person?

>chess players
in general? No.

the 2300+ FIDE guys? For sure. They have absurd memory.

Yes, Grandmasters are somewhat intelligent.

They can play blindfolded and visualize the board and the chess pieces in their mind and then plan several moves ahead and go through several variations.

But this all crumbles under immense time pressure like we have seen with Karjakin yesterday.

A miserable blunder in game 3.

idk for example Kasparov is supposed to have an iq of 190 but from his interviews i got the impression that he's not as smart as he thinks he is

I get the impression that his mind operates way faster than his mouth

i get the impression english is his second language and he doesn't know how to articulate himself without his native tongue

> I don't know if you can make "Putin is literally Hitler" sound better by being more eloquent.

I miss chess streams, bros

new championship(s) in december, both blitz and rapid right after christmas. they're not as huge as this one though, but there might be some streams. chess24 might do something.

Checkers is a better game than chess

connect four is better than checkers

wrong board

"Misha [Mikhail Tal, Russian/Latvian chess grandmaster, 1936-1992] was so ill-equipped for living... When he travelled to a tournament, he couldn't even pack his own suitcase... He didn't even know how to turn on the gas for cooking. If I had a headache, and there happened to be no one home but him, he would fall into a panic: "How do I make a hot-water bottle?" And when I got behind the wheel of a car, he would look at me as though I were a visitor from another planet. Of course, if he had made some effort, he could have learned all of this. But it was all boring to him. He just didn't need to"