Colombia plane crash co-piloted by model on her first flight

>Sitting in the cockpit of the plane, the 29-year-old, who is well known as a model in Colombia, told of her pride at transporting the Brazilian football team Chapecoense to their Copa Sudamericana final in Medellin.

>But just hours later, the flight ended in tragedy when the plane smashed into a mountainside killing 71 on board and leaving just six survivors.

>The pilots decided to make the whole trip without refueling. They underestimated the effects that tail winds and other factors had on the effective mileage and caused the plane to crash.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3989820/Pictured-beautiful-pilot-killed-Colombia-plane-crash-flight-haunting-footage-shows-interview-footballers-crew-doomed-jet-took-off.html

>the shantytown of south america

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/sisyariasgp/
youtube.com/watch?v=pF19wHOnsp4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_New_Zealand_Flight_901
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>deciding not to refuel
>southamerican intellectuals

>women

Fucking ugly

>women drivers

Kek

>mfw sudacas dont understand fuel's role in a combustion engine

Tragic, but also completely avoidable. So stupid.

>this is a 10/10 pilot in Colombia

Ayy, chico.

Are pilots seriously the ones estimating fuel? You'd think they'd have an algorithm by now.

>'well known as a model in Colombia'
>not even colombian
>no one knew her before the crash
now I understand why all the brits says their newspapers are shit

The flight company was from Venezuela, a country with no money even for food.

Yeah they do, but there are things that can occur like tail winds or headwinds that increase/decrease fuel. Weather, humidity, air temp, all of this affects the plane's fuel consumption

Every flight should refuel. Fucking south american subhumans. Never trust em

>this is what pictures in the obituaries look like nowadays

I get that all of that stuff exists, which is an algorithm should just account for it. I'm sure that tailwinds and all the are predictable to some margin of error that they can compensate for.

Every airline flies with the minimum possible fuel to get to their destination safely. They're just better at calculating the amount they need.

Yes. Pilot makes the last call. They have fuel gauges. Capacitive sensors in tanks and flow rate sensors on fuel pumps.

Cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorders are going to be interesting once published.

Actually it is Bolivian airline. At least they operated under Bolivian certificates. Original Venezuelan and second Venezuelan incarnations of airline folded. They leased the planes to Bolivians who kept the name probably due to being too poor to repaint the planes.

Never trust tiny low cost carrier that so unheard of that they didn't even have wikipedia page in English. Well, they didn't have until the crash.

>I get that all of that stuff exists, which is an algorithm should just account for it. I'm sure that tailwinds and all the are predictable to some margin of error that they can compensate for.

Bit too complicated for AI.

>Every airline flies with the minimum possible fuel to get to their destination safely. They're just better at calculating the amount they need.

Flights should always have reserve fuel, but budget airlines are budget airlines. Carrying extra fuel adds weight to the plane and that increases fuel consumption, that increases costs. Budget airlines save on all expenses and often put pressure on their pilots to keep safety margins as low as possible as that means biggest possible profit margins. Few years ago there was a storm around Madrid. Couple Ryanair planes declared emergency... and that is a massive for a budget airline with generally good reputation and ultramodern fleet of late model Boeing 737's.

>Never trust tiny low cost carrier that so unheard of that they didn't even have wikipedia page in English. Well, they didn't have until the crash.
According to some news that same plane carried the Argentina NT a couple of weeks before and the Bolivia NT during the WC.

>Bolivia
>World Cup

they were full tank

but that plane was never supposed to be able to fly that long safely, pilot took a risk anyway

>According to some news that same plane carried the Argentina NT a couple of weeks before and the Bolivia NT during the WC.

I have seen that mentioned in few places.

That pilot was also partial owner of the company.

Very small airlines are almost always broke as hell. Airline is a good way to make small fortune, assuming you start with large one.

Probably meant WC qualifiers.

>The pilots decided to make the whole trip without refueling. They underestimated the effects that tail winds and other factors had on the effective mileage and caused the plane to crash.

>plane did a 15-minute holding pattern with almost zero fuel before crashing.

What did they mean by this? Why didn't they just land? They were literally in range of two airports.

this story just keeps getting more fucked up

>women drivers
not even once

To save money.
Yay, freemarker!

>dying in a plane crash while this piece of ass is sucking you off

WHAT A FUCKING WAY TO GO LAD LAD LAD LAD LAD

How could a top division Brazillian football club not afford a better airline? Moreover, isn't there financial support by multinational competitions for travel costs felt by competing teams?

They lost all electronics when the fuel went so they lost all their navigation and could not see shit at night with all the mountains/trees making ground spotting impossible.. The pilot was calling the tower trying to get bearings and whatnot but they never did and ran out of time eventually.

Why the fuck would electronics go out when they go out of fuel? Isn't that shit on two different systems? Or are South-American planes that retarded?

>save money
I don't think you understand.

>he thinks brazilian team have anywhere near as much money an european team has
>he thinks that travelling in a big as country like Brazil is the same as in europe with their tiny ass cunts

I dont know how it works. I just remember the black box stuff saying that when they lost fuel they suffered a catastrophic loss of electronics.

>he thinks brazilian team have anywhere near as much money an european team has

I didn't make that comparison, banana-brain. They're still a top flight club in a major footballing country.

>he thinks that travelling in a big as country like Brazil is the same as in europe with their tiny ass cunts

They were travelling across the continent, not just Brazil. Also for a continental competition - like I said, the competition organizers should be offering financial support for travelling costs.

They didn't refuel as often to not waste time and keep on flying, they're cutting corners all around and disregard safety procedures.
What so hard to understand?

it's a british plane
the electric generator is powered by the engine

>how do generators work

>he thinks Chapecoense is a big team
I made the comparision because you have no idea what you are talking about, don't talk about shit you have no understanding, dentist

>the competition organizers should be offering financial support for travelling costs.
That is not how it works here, this is third-world. We are not in europe, genius.

>he thinks Chapecoense is a big team

I didn't say that either banana-brain. Try to address the argument rather than attack a strawman. :)

>That is not how it works here, this is third-world.

It'll probably change now (the financial support idea, not the third world bit.)

>They're still a top flight club in a major footballing country
You didn't, huh

Crashing this plane.

WITH SIX SURVIVORS

>womyn pilot
Found the problem

He didn't. Top flight just means they are in the highest division which can be assumed to be professional

Losing a plane loses money, no?

noone ever thinks that disaster can happen until it happens

Aren't these the clowns who tried saying they invented airplanes during the Olympics? Fucking lol.

Not really the point. Huebro said it's got to do with the free market. The market has taxed the company for this lose so it's not.

In an unregulated free market the chance of losing a plane might be less costly than always flying with enough fuel. So there are laws. Same with Ryanair. They always flew with just enough fuel and pilots had to pray they didnt get an unexpected delay before landing since they didnt have the +1 hour of extra fuel required by law. It was an outrage but I wouldnt be surprised if ryanair still pushes pilots to take as little fuel as possible with them. Once one of their planes drops out of the sky it will get mroe severely regulated.

You don't think people will be less likely to fly with this company now this happened?

>might be less costly
>might
Good point.

would smash

t. mountain

I think this company is one plane, so they are basically done.

son of a bitch

>be first rescuer on the scene
>shes lying spread eagle with her face flattened into the mountain side
>her clothes have been torn off by the impact
>shes a bloody mess but you can see she must have been an amazing piece of ass 5 minutes ago

...what do?

dam son

>implying that corpse was really her.

Kek

>refilling gas car

What did she mean by this?

>this Stacy killed 71 people

>tfw brasilian pilots can't even count

Thank you Australia

instagram.com/sisyariasgp/

I beat I would enjoy this post better if I knew what the t. thing means

>he doesn't have a gas car

t. retard

youtube.com/watch?v=pF19wHOnsp4

>Not really the point. Huebro said it's got to do with the free market. The market has taxed the company for this lose so it's not.

It has everything to do with free market. Leading pilot was co-owner of the airline. Landing to refuel costs money, they had enough fuel that they should make it without refueling... they didn't have.

Low cost carriers fly with as low reserve fuel as possible as carrying fuel leads to heavier plane and higher fuel consumption and fuel costs. This time the equation with risk seem to failed horribly. Possibly due to weather. It is about increasing profit margins at cost of safety margins. Low cost carriers do shit like this all the time. Even somewhat reputable ones like Ryanair.

>You don't think people will be less likely to fly with this company now this happened?

This airline is likely to be bankrupt soon. People will fly budget airlines due to cheap tickets and travel agencies will charter 'em due to cheap prices.

>would smash
>t. mountain

Would be funnier coming from Kiwi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_New_Zealand_Flight_901

Colombian and Bolivian.

Two planes, they had three.

this is the reason they didn't refuel

Smash being a double meaning - sex and or violently impacting

Mountain being the thing she crashed into

>Daily Mail

>when lies go viral
Dailymail truly is a strong force

The source isn't Daily Mail though, the source is the whatsapp group the players shared

Savage

Still reported by DailyFail. Not much credibility.

They reported Brexit and Trump as well...please tell me they were lying??

"signed, "

This is why I hate whatsapp groups

REEEEE NORMIES

Broken clock is right twice a day.

yeah it takes something like big like an asteroid or drumpf getting elected for them to be unable to sensationalize it

Back to the Guardian with you

Well the exageration in the article is obvious if you read it.

The fact is they delayed take off because they were looking for a video game - thats fact

The Dailyfail part is that they wrote it as if they were crawling around looking for a lost game on the plane while a player was sperging out.

The reality was the player packed a battery powered video game in his luggage and they had to get it out for safety reasons...ironically

WhatsApp is for 3rd worlders. I have never met anyone in my life that used that app that wasn't a Pajeet.

What does that mean lol? Why wouldn't you use an app that lets you call text share media for absolutely free to people globally?

Straya

But they could have refuelled at Bogota

>Daily Mail finding a way to blame the dead again
Stay classy, fuckers

>WhatsApp is for 3rd worlders
iMessage is for apple cucks :^)

I feel bad for laughing

because fucking Facebook owns it and they flip softer and quicker than a Thai hooker when they get surveillance warrants

Almost every cuck in any organisation in this country uses it, whether it's work, uni, family there'll be some whatsapp group your added to for
>Le epic bantz

So annoying i spend too much flippin time with the people in them to care about looking at pictures of they're fucking dinner.

because he didn't want to pay the fee for admitting he was running out of fuel

They reported that brexit would be good for us and we'd spend £350M on the NHS

Like I give a fuck, I'm not a pedo/terrorist/heister

Why are you doing illegal shit?

manchildren getting rekt once again

Well yes but the budget flight world is cutthroat and if you dont do it and someone else does and does not get unlucky they outearn you. Its just a gamble to get ahead faster.

Pilot didn`t declare an emergency to boot because doing so would result in an investigation which would fine him, the company and revoke his license for many years. Also, it has been made known that the company used to pull this high-risk policy in several other flights.

>Chapecoense Real

British media is truly horrible, they couldn't even google the name of the club and instead copied the twittler handle

>implying any of us give a fuck

I haven't tried to say the name of Chapesconse once this week, I just say 'did you see that brazilian football teams plane crash'?

So he decided to die instead?

I'm guessing he was hoping he'd get priority to land and hero glide it in, but electric cut out and he was essentially blind