Parker vs Ruiz
Charlo vs Williams
Crawford vs John Molina Jr

>December 16
Shabranskyy vs Barrera

>December 17
Hopkins vs Smith Jr

Other urls found in this thread:

laprensa.com.ni/2016/12/04/deportes/2145435-carlos-cuadras-confirma-la-revancha-ante-chocolatito-en-marzo
boxrec.com/boxer/778185
boxrec.com/boxer/216597
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't wait for Saunders v Langford, what a thriller that will be

Barrera is still alive?

different Barrera

Stiverne Povetkin on the 17th too, but we'll definitely have a new thread by then considering the fights on next week so it doesn't matter too much

fuck that boring illiterate gyppo BJS

just get knocked out by Golovkin already

> Saunders a shit

BJS won that by no more than a point, I think a draw would've been a fairer result.

> Gassiev is good at paying bribes
Leb looked like a man who had been beaten with a shovel after he came out of the womb, terrible how his face marks up so easily.

> Bellew and Haye continue to pretend to hate each other
Bellew looking for those £££, easy fight for him, he's going lose nothing.

> Joshua vs Molina
I would love to see Molina KO that fraud

Golovkin-Saunders would not be competitive. At all.

>Golovkin-________ would not be competitive. At all.

Golovkin Ward wouldn't have been, but not for the reason your implying which is why he ducked it :^)

Indeed. And it's a shame because Golovkin really needs a rivalry or big-name opponent at 160 to get him the exposure he needs. Moving up in weight, if it was ever a possibility, is realistically out as well since Hopkins's record for title defenses seems to be within reach for him.

I'd say it'd be plenty competitive, especially since GGG is popular here. All boxing is a popularity contest in this country.

What does /box/ think of the IOC deciding to allow pros to compete?

Established draws probably have too much to lose to fight against youngsters for free, but there could be a huge influx of journeymen and guys like Ruenroeng whose best days are behind them. That being said, I still can't shake the feeling that eventually a Golovkin kind of fighter desperate for popularity will terrorize a bunch of teenagers and make everyone feel very uncomfortable about Olympic boxing.

GGG loses his next fight due to not having defense

Golovkin is a better fighter than Kovalev.
There's a reason why Ward never wanted that fight at 168.
All he did was use GGG's name for publicity when he was inactive for a year and a half.
HBO wanted to make that fight in 2013 and all Ward had was excuses why he couldn't fight.

I don't think there's anyone on sp who thinks that this would be a good decision

Would be? 3 pro boxers competed at the 2016 Olympics, it's a done deal. Not sure if this is a language barrier thing or not.

Really great weekend of boxing I thought lads. Shafikov vs Commey and Lebedev vs Gassiev both showing what the sport is all about, and I don't think the Leb/Gas decision was that outrageous at all to be honest, though that one card was a bit generous.

Not looking forward to the xmas period where the schedule thins out a lot, but looking forward to Jan a lot, some legit great fights on.

Reminder that this unironically happened btw

Would you answer it?

he's one manly looking motherfucker. I am actually a bit jealous. He could easily make it as an actor if he improved his English with that face.

hes a natural middleweight so even though by all accounts his power carries up, who knows if his punch resistance can too

Which is better, WBVA or tc-boxing?

I do. Every other Olympic sport includes pros now

The amateurs still have the World Championships

Canelo would give him a great fight and possibly beat him. Which is why it's such a tragedy that the fight couldn't get made in good time. Could've been a trilogy

All hail

is this guy a mongol or something he looks pretty fucked up

his nickname is Genghis Khan so he he must be.

His English has gotten better over the years. He could be a bond villians henchmen and beat Daniel Craig to hear death silently and get the job done..

>He could be a bond villians henchmen and beat Daniel Craig to hear death silently and get the job done..

Usyk and Kovalev in the new Bond when?

Naw the same thing would happen to Golovkin if he went to the Olympics. Some young hungry kid will embarrass him. And I love Golovkin. But if he like in 5 years, after he has made his money, decides to go back to the Olympics, he would have aged tremendously and have taken on some real tough fights at 168-175. Some 20 year old cat who has been doing nothing but 4 rounders for the last 9 years will box circles around him.

Lomachenckos dad could be the villian too it would he perfect.

it's far from the biggest problem in Olympic boxing

getting the judges out of Russian and Azerbaijan pockets would be a start

He belongs in that TV show Vikings he has a viking look about him, not the typical slav look. the Batman villain hair needs to go though

>Saunders over Akavov
They can't keep getting away with it.

Lol, Canelo will get KILLED. He knows it, Golden Girl knows it, we know it.

People only wanna see that fight because it'll be nice to see the Ginger queer get his ass kicked after such a long career of cherrypicking smaller fighters.

I like GGG, but Canelo winning would BTFO so many casuals

>This is what an undefeated boxer looks like
Kek @ this broke sport

Usyk is literally a Cossack, they're Slavs, but kind of a distinct, ethnic subdivision.

What if prime Joe Louis fought in today's HW division?

> Cossack
> ethnic

Yeah I know it's a cultural community Dmitry, but taking into account many Cossacks were marrying and mingling strictly with other Cossacks educated guess would be that they have become genetically a bit distinctive while still remaining Slavic.

He's probably still BTFO everyone despite his lack of size

instead of Bum of the Month it would be Bum of Every 9 Months

stop the infighting you two

I'd think it'd be the opposite. Normies are the one's that think Canelo's hot shit. GGG is more the hardcore fan choice.

GGG got exposed by brook, his defence is dreadful

>GGG
>exposed

kek

not at all, he just didn't care and wanted to bulldoze brook (which he did)

>not knowing that GGG just walks through boxers whose power he doesn't respect

Today's HWs are bigger, stronger, and have longer reaches than HWs in Louis's time.

Say Loma had the will to get down in weight, does he beat Rigo?

Probably not the place to be asking, but what is essential equipment someone needs in order to learn to box?

The closest boxing gym is an hour away, and I can't make time to train there, so I've decided to learn at home by watching some videos. Should I just get a couple gloves and a punching bag? My friends would be okay with sparring with me.

is incoming-Kovalev call the best /box/ meme?

a jumprope and a flat area where you can shadowbox and learn to move properly. don't even throw a punch before you learn how to move your body. Especially head movement, overall defense, pivoting, timing, distance and anticipation.

Okay, I figured a Jumprope would be necessary too. Thanks lad

>Nikolay Valuev

Gonzalez-Cuadras Rematch confirmed for March.

laprensa.com.ni/2016/12/04/deportes/2145435-carlos-cuadras-confirma-la-revancha-ante-chocolatito-en-marzo

kewl, although I'm still waiting for that estrada rematch.

So the soon to be announced GGG - Jacobs PPV @ MSG or Barclays is going to look like this….

GGG vs Daniel Jacobs
Ganzalez vs Caudras II
Usyk vs TBA
Katie Taylor vs TBA

and Katie Taylor will probably get bumped off the televised portion because rumor is Andy Lee will make his comeback that night as well

whose the best showcase fight on Dec 10th?

Callum smith, Scott Quigg, Katie Taylor, Luis Ortiz, or Anthony Joshua?

I most excited to see Callum Smith desu.

Where do you live? I can help you 3-0 pro fighter here from Los angles I train at wildcard

idk if GGG is better than kovalev but what i do know is that ggg is a tougher match up for ward. that rough inside game he has wouldn't work on ggg

agreed

>boxing in 2016

Best showcase fight is a bit of an oxymoron to be fair. The Quigg, Taylor and particularly Ortiz fights are complete jokes to make them look good and the Smith fight is because he's afraid of fighting anyone decent. Honestly, given the opponents that were realistically available I think the Joshua fight is the best of the bunch, but that's tallest dwarf territory. Am at least interested in seeing Taylor again, she looked great last time round.

Burton vs Buglioni is definitely the best fight of the night imo, think they match stylistically very well. Conception Yafai is a decent matchup too but could be less interesting.

Oh shit nice, the last one was a real battle

>Usyk vs TBA

Damir Beljo will be his opponent

Burton is going to massacre Buglioni, it's gonna be a total beatdown

>2016

>Still watching boxing

WTF is wrong with you people, watch mma like normal people

>le dead sport

neet autists are not normal people

They're showcase fights because they are all mismatches to make one boxer look good.

Whyte-Chisora and Yafai-Concepcion are the only competitive fights.

I don't know about burton or buglioni at all.

What does /box/ think of a Pac v Crawford fight? I think it could be a really good one if it were to happen

Would pick Crawford for sure, which is exactly why it'll never happen.

what's next for chisora if he wins?

Plz more gifs

Its damn near impossible to learn any combat sport by yourself.

>inside game
>consists of holding

Kovalev completely shut him down. Held him back, roughed him up and that was that. So much for Wards "inside game" lol.

Want inside game? Watch Castillo/Corrales.

>GGG DANNY JACOBS PPV
Yuck

ppv against aj

>Tfw if whyte beats chisora he'll have a better resume than AJ

Really makes me think

Can't imagine this'll get done in time for Charlo Williams but interesting none the less

any news on who will fight for the wba heavyweight title?

Which one?

post your boxrec pls.

Here's mine incase you're interested.

boxrec.com/boxer/778185

ok we're doing this?

boxrec.com/boxer/216597

>those 2-3 month gaps after he had the audacity to win

MMA IS SHITTTTTTT

world

>implying the WBA would ever only have one world heavyweight title

isn't it lucas "must've been something I ate" browne fighting 45-year-old shannon "let's go champ" briggs?

That one's the regular one, up in the air because of the 2nd failed test. Might well be Ortiz instead since he's ranked #1.

The Super title is supposedly going to be between Joshua and Wlad but I'll believe that when I see it.

ye I don't think klitschko will fight again but we'll see.

I think he will

Cuadras beats him this time

yeah, joshua - klit will never happen