What is the idea of baseball? There is no tactical element. Just hit the ball as far as you can and run

What is the idea of baseball? There is no tactical element. Just hit the ball as far as you can and run.

amerifats will tell you're wrong but we both know you aren't.

baseball is something special, it really isn't like other sports at all. less than a sport but more than a game

but it doesn't matter because we need to unite against the real enemy, cuckegg. though it seems to be killing itself rather well

just look at this athleticism

its a sport designed to help your grandfather fall asleep.

Why doesn't the janny just play poor mans cricket? I'm sure he'd get paid a lot more

>There is no tactical element. Just hit the ball as far as you can and run.

That isn't even remotely true, though. It's the equivalent of me saying that soccer has no tactical element, just kick the ball and run, and that's obviously not how it works except in England.

You need to watch some baseball Teemu.

I used to think like you until I watched the playoffs a few years ago. It's actual pretty based and extremely tactical

what tactical is when fat man hits ball and runs? what else can you do? miss the ball "tactically" run slowly """"tactically""""?

>you now remember Dmitri Young

I couldn't be bothered explaining when you're just pretending to be an idiot. Google it if you actually care

You need to be able to tactically find ways to take steroids without getting caught.

I thought all Italians just watch soccer?

It's the only game in the U.S where the Defense controls the ball.

>claims baseball is boring
>watches hockey
Even fucking soccer is more interesting

hand-eye coordination

baseball is also the only sport dynamic enough to provide advantage for both tall men (reach) & short men (smaller strike zone)

>hand eye is a tactic

>just hit the ball as far as you can and run

Not every pitch is the same, so this strategy doesn't work.

It's a skill

Anyone can stand in goal for 90 minutes not doing anything for like 88 minutes a game. It takes a real athlete to stand at the plate against 95 mph fastballs

Pitch selection, pickoffs, the potential for double or triple plays, sac flys, sac bunts, steals, tagging up, pitching changes, pinch hitters, pinch runners, sign stealing, the importance of lineup order (who's leading off, who's batting cleanup, etc.), switch hitting.....baseball has a ton of tactics involved.

That's not a tactic, it's just a skill required for the game. I think you could argue that soccer provides a similar advantage for tall and short dudes (compare 6'5" goalkeepers to that midget Messi).

the idea of baseball, yeah. you faggots even read the OP? it's the first point. as for tactics, there's fielding positions & pitching sequence.

first half of this post meant for the Finnish troll

Placement of the cutoff man is tactical too. And of course there's shifting.