Jan. 2, Pasadena, CA - Penn State vs USC

Sugar
Jan. 2, New Orleans - Oklahoma vs Auburn

Orange
Dec. 30, Miami - Florida State vs Michigan

Other urls found in this thread:

games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2016/en/group?groupID=92744
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the fucking Fiesta and Peach bowls are more important from a CFP standpoint than the 4 historic bowls that over half a century of intense storylines and unforgettable games

I hate the ad era

>Fiesta Bowl
>no history
You can get the fuck out of here nigger

Yeah but people will watch the other bowls because they are historic. No one would watch the peach bowl if it wasn't a playoff. Double the views

also they alternate

>my team doesnt ever play in those bowls so they aren't important

you're a disgrace

Fifth for Tom Hermeme.

The Fiesta Bowl has always had some fucking awesome games.

They alternate, dipshit

He's right, the Peach and Fiesta Bowls are way younger. The Rose, Sugar, Cotton, and Orange will always be the four most historic.

What about the Sun Bowl?

not compared to rose/sugar/cotton/orange

>Florida gonna get trashed by the Cawk Eyes

These last 7 years have been beautiful watching Florida circle the toilet bowl.

Who else /SavingTheirMojo/? Day 3 here.

shut up

>tfw 2 favorite teams are both in NY6 bowls
I never thought this could happen

we just confirmed that Alabama is a paper tiger and played one of the worst schedules in the nation

>Ohio State got an extra week off than the other playoff teams

This will either be good because they got an extra week to heal up or it'll get them out of shape from too much down time

Bama basically had a bye week too.

>implying Meyer let them get out of shape

During the selection show today, they mentioned that Ohio State had the weekend off after Friday workouts, and now that they're in the playoffs you better fucking believe Meyer's sending this into maximum overdrive.

Won't matter either way, they'll run through Clemson and be fresh as a daisy to play bama

I don't think the extended break ever served us well in the past

we had an extra week over Florida back in 2006...

make another one

post yours lads

>Not having nuclear Pepe for Washington

That's about what that win would amount to.

template

I don't like bama very much, but it's very obvious they are gonna win it all.
huskies are all right

AHAHAHAHA
THEY ACTUALLY THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE RIGHT

WSU here

Intelligent canine contributor

The Clemsoning is real

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF

YOU IDIOTS. THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD. YOU HAVE TO GO HERE

The SEC is literally the only FBS conference in the country to not have two teams break 9 wins in the regular season.

The champion of such conference hasn't won it all in 15 years and I can't fathom a scenario in which a conference was so shit and yet its champion won it all.

How did you do that? The second part of your sentence does not imply the first.

>all right
kek I meant alright

your a nazi just admit it

Lmao. If Alabama plays like they did against Florida they're gonna get shit on early then have to come back against a strong Washington defense. Even if they don't play like they did on Saturday they still have to play Peterson after a month of studying.

I only do it for the memes, I swear

What will be Peterson's greatest meme? A statue of liberty? A hook and ladder? You know he's dreaming up something massive. The Fiesta Bowl won't even match what he does here.

>If Alabama plays like they did against Florida they're gonna get shit on

-54-16
-0 rush yards allowed
kek

>The SEC is literally the only FBS conference in the country to not have two teams break 9 wins in the regular season.
This wouldn't be true if not for the hurricane - the Presbyterian game got cancelled.
>inb4 muh FBS games

>The champion of such conference hasn't won it all in 15 years and I can't fathom a scenario in which a conference was so shit and yet its champion won it all.
Pretty much any ACC championship ever.

Did you watch the first half of that game? The only reason Alabama ended up leading was because Florida is an incompetent team. Washington is the exact opposite.

He runs Michigan's Human Centipede formation every play, yet runs normal plays out of it all game.

Until the very end, when he busts out a fumblerooski into a "desperate" slant pass into a hook and ladder into a second lateral into a touchdown

>We couldn't play FCS teams in November and that's why our conference looks like such shit

You're not really doing them a lot of favors here.

Dude chill out. Why do you give a shit what thread people are talking about football in
Also jabrill peppers is the most overrated player in the country

>Washington
>Not incompetent

L M A O

Washington will not get past the 50 yard line all game. Cap it.

Washington's avg recruiting rank for the last 4 years is 28th. Alabama's is 1st. It's not going to he close.

/cfb/ Bowl Mania Group

games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2016/en/group?groupID=92744

Password: gripnsip

God damn, idk what he has in store but I can't wait to see. Alabama is allergic to memes. Maybe he establishes the run game and runs the flea flicker? We see one Statue of Liberty? Endless possibilities.

>27 spot difference in recruiting
>only a 3 spot difference in cfp rankings
Nice meme stat that doesn't mean shit.

Something tells me that the recruiting gap between Boise State and Oklahoma was wider.

ITT Alabama normies are trying to hide their fear.

new thread sans autism!

So what kind of precedent is going to be set by Washington skating through their non-conference schedule? Yes, Rutgers was miles better when they scheduled them. But even so, where does it become a problem? If Oklahoma had played someone other than Ohio State and won, they'd be in.

On another note, why do we schedule 10 years out? I get football isn't easy logistics wise but 10 years is waaaaay too long to expect whatever the status quo is to be there when you play. Should teams desiring a playoff berth be expected to plan a little bit quicker (as they would have more money to do so)?

Just bothers me that this discussion is coming up again even beyond the BCS era...

What kind of precedence did Alabama set?
>OOC: Kent, Western Kentucky, Chatanooga, September USC
not to mention playing in one of the worst conferences
Bama had ZERO good wins

Fuck it why not.

Well I say Washington given they were 127 out of 128. That means nearly every G5 team even had a better one. That, at least in my opinion, is not acceptable for a playoff team, whether its their fault or not.

Why blame the school for something that was scheduled in advance? They only lost 1 game this season, won their conference, and beat 2 top ten teams with a total score being 85-16.

it becomes a problem when you don't have a conference championship game to fall back on. for example if they were 11-1 and their only loss was to WSU who went to the conf champ game instead you better believe they would have been left out.

go undefeated and it doesn't matter. this precedent has been in place since the BCS.

same as it ever was

See the latter part of my post. This keeps coming up because a lot changes in CFB in 10 years. Why do we keep scheduling like this if we know this will happen?

Even if it isn't their fault, why is it ok for them to get lucky? When Akron, Tulsa, Lousiana Tech, and Hawaii are playing harder OOC schedules than you, you don't deserve to claim you compare to teams that did in Power 5. We aren't talking about bowl games, we are talking the very top FOUR out of 128... This isn't a participation trophy.

lol called it

Maybe if they played three cupcakes like the Pac-12 champ instead of two they'd have your little arbitrary goal.

>why is it okay for them to get lucky?
Because every team can get lucky. The programs don't get to choose who they play. Like you said that's scheduling done in advance when teams look different than they did 10 or so years ago whether it be they got better or worse.

>calling the Huskies' schedule a cupcake
Reminder that 8 years ago UW went winless. I'm just happy that we're no longer the cupcake. The fact that people are saying "they were far too easy for you" is hilarious to me.

The fact that the SEC actually NEEDED FCS wins to not look like a total tire fire instead of it being a "happy coincidence" like it was in the PAC 12's case means that...well...the SEC was shit.

Pretty much this. I can take Washington winning, fuck the other two though.
t.OSU

Recruiting is way more important than rankings. We see blowout games all the time between top caliber teams. Unless UDub has some godly player development, they're just outmatched.

But Rutgers? I get they weren't always this bad but they were at best 9-4... How do you justify to the other 124 teams that you deserve to be objectively deemed better than them when your marquee matchup is a 9-4 Rutgers, and your only other two are fucking Idaho and Portland State? That would be ok if those 9 conference games made up for it but

a. They lost to one of their toughest opponents... badly and
b. The Pac 12 was arguably down this year

I guess we just have different opinions but no team should be allowed to get "lucky" and they stick their tongue out at everyone else and claim they deserve to be considered not only great but relatively elite...

Second, wouldn't mind seeing OSU losing if it means Washington wins the title.

just because they don't get players from the mega-hyped areas in texas and florida doesn't mean they're not good. They have the whole pacific ocean on lockdown (shared with USC)

Man... Big Ten is gonna get fucked this bowl season.

Michigan and Wisconsin are the only teams that are gonna be favored considerably.

Ohio State will probably win, too.

But Penn State is getting bootyblasted and then they have Indiana vs Utah, Minnesota vs Washington State, Iowa vs Florida, Nebraska vs Tennessee etc. Nothing but total mismatches.

B1G is going 3-7. Maybe pull off a couple upsets to finish 5-5 at best.

Their top 4 will probably go 3-1 in NY6 bowls though so that's pretty good. Michigan fan btw. Hope everyone but PSU and OSU wins.

I will dogpost until I get permabanned if the huskies win the natty

Rose Bowl is Best Bowl

Team that beat Ohio State vs team that beat Washington

If you're talking about me, that's not what I'm implying. That OOC schedule, when it was setup, was probably with the fact you were not going to compete for a National championship. That's absolutely fine. Not trying to say you were ducking anything. But that doesn't change the fact you literally had 126 teams with better OOC schedules. You probably weren't expecting this kind of success yet, that's fair. But its also not fair to those 126 teams to tell them "I'm better than you" when you couldn't have a tougher OOC schedule than Ball St. (which a school such as Washington should ALWAYS strive to be better than, every single year)

No they don't

Im talking about the the entire country of analysts. I agree the OOC was pure shit. I just think it's funny that not many people seem to realize why they scheduled it like that.

>If Oklahoma had played someone other than Ohio State and won, they'd be in.
Doubtful unless that opponent were very good. OU only beat WVU and OkSt. Washington had Colorado, Utah, Washington State, and Stanford. As long as the Big 12 is significantly worse than the other conferences, they'll need quality OOC.

>Iowa vs Florida
>5th or 6th best B1G against the 2nd best SEC team

what a shit mismatch

>If Houston could win conference games they'd be in

Wait I don't need a meme arrow, that's true.

>September USC
>b-but Bama should've KNOWN USC would have been shit in September of 2016 three years ago and postponed the match!
>it's your job to predict when non-SEC teams will be shit!

USC is #9.

>(which a school such as Washington should ALWAYS strive to be better than, every single year
to be fair, in 08 when they went winless, the OOC schedule was #15 BYU, #3 Oklahoma and Notre Dame, the hardest OOC in the country. They have a history or punching above their weight. I recall them playing LSU a couple times this last decade when they had no business beating anyone.

It's not like the Huskies had gone 11-1 every season either. I'm not disagreeing that scheduling games that far in advance is stupid, I just disagree that that's what should disqualify a team from being in the playoff.

Oh ok, gotcha. I'd be curious to talk to an AD about why schools need 10 years to plan games. Wish it could be something like 4 max. As soon as I grab Peterson up there at Washington, I'd want to setup for a possible championship run ASAP.

I'm just pointing out you needed a hurricane for your arbitrary 9 win stat to happen.

Hey PACucks, I have a stat for you.

In 11 of the last 12 years, Ohio State has finished with 1 or less conference losses. However, they've only gone to the Rose Bowl one time, which they won.

The Big Ten hasn't been sending their best. If the Rose Bowl had just been OSU every year for the last decade that'd be a 10-year Big Ten winning streak.

As long as they have a top 4 resume they can get away with it. And they compare well with Penn State.

Well according to scouts their roster is inferior. If you want to say those ratings are bullshit that's fine, but every team in the postseason since those ratings started has at least been in the top 20, usually the top 10.

Florida and Tennessee both suck, I expect B1G victories.

Utah hasn't beaten anyone, and Indiana played OSU, PSU, and UM close, so they could probably take Utah.

Minnesota is probably going to get rekt tho. And Pedo State isn't going to get away with their deep ball flukeluck against a team with NFL corners like USC.

the last time OSU beat USC was 1974, so more likely they would have just sent OSU to a dozen losses

It is true.

Leave ohio state to me.

>trips
You don't s-scare me.

Lane Kiffin lost the 2014 game. Just give the ball to Henry and they win. Yeldon sucked and Blake Sims sucked. Kiffin was full homo for Amari Cooper and it cost them a national title.

are there any broships in /cfb/?

I will never forgive jim tressel for not going for it on 4th down in the 09 game. we had that wrapped up if they make it.

ah you made me remember that and now I'm triggered. I know calling him conservative is a meme but it just seems even when he had advantages he just... wouldn't...

Michigan-Washington broship

Don't suck Washington into your cesspool, I don't hate them and don't need overgrown weasels changing that...