We got offseason moves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY
espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0597630963614228341-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

chris sale will be cutting up nats jerseys now

odd year

Who do you miss most?

>Id rather they reset then run the same group of players out there that never sniff the playoffs.

>There is some good talent on the Sox yes. But Renisdorf will not spend enough to get a high priced free agent to fill the huge black holes in the roster that remain and the old Vet stopgaps never work.

>Reset and try again. Id much rather watch a younger team lose while showing promise then a team with preseason hype turn into another dour dirge of a season by the time June rolls around.

I'm not opposed to this idea but Robles/Giolito is what I'd expect for Eaton. Sale was supposed to bring back a star, something to really build around.

even if he was an average player. ben revere was a funny guy.

satan trips confirm sale was the angry one behind the laroche crap

4 u

Fucking kill me

don't know about songs but the walk up or quite literally a sprint up from Heath Bell in the 2011 ASG was pretty lit

gonna miss Pagan
no more salutes
crying inside

Anyone want a gently-used Ryan Braun? We really need the prospects.

If the Sox were smart, they'd blow everything up and trade abroo, eaton, and quintana too.

>tfw it's all over

well take him for DJ Davis.

Little Kawa

For what? This is a team that cant get back some middle infielder with 300 MLB PA for one of the 5 best pitchers alive on one of the most team friendly deals in MLB history.

It seems to late to avert course now. If I knew a rebuild meant selling everyone off for pennies on the dollar I'd never have supported it in the first place.

Sale/Scherzer/Strasburg/Roark/Gio 2016 combined: 3.41 ERA/3.46 FIP
Thor/deGrom/Harvey/Matz/Gsellman 2016 combined: 3.24 ERA/2.98 FIP
((((with shit tier harvey))))

youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

batter songs just need a sharp 5-10 second jam, reliever songs need a smooth built up rhythm and at least one easy to remember verse.

Hahn should have said fuck you to the nats if they weren't getting Turner.

Why is the Sox FO so fucking dumb?

>we are currently witnessing the last remnants of the Blue Jays bandwagon jumping ship
Truly are red letter day in /mlb/ history

>no more parrot memes
what a time to be alive

"no"

I'm honestly staggered.

couldn't happen to a more disgusting fanbase

We don't know the entire deal yet, or if it will even happen, it could still fall through. But if its just those two guys and some other assorted spare parts and junk, then CWS got fucked with no lube, and it severely drives down the value of their other trade pieces, Quintana especially.

dont talk about me like that bud ill kick ur butt

This is Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams we're talking about here.

Didn't that Mets staff pitch like 200 innings combined with the injuries?

So thankful. Hopefully the gamethreads aren't the worst on the board this year.

espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0597630963614228341-4

>The White Sox and Nationals are far down the road on a trade that will send Chris Sale to the Nationals in exchange for Lucas Giolito, Victor Robles and a low minor leaguer. Reynaldo Lopez and Koda Glover will not be in the proposed deal. The structure of the deal was first reported by Ken Rosenthal.

What the fuck Nats? Where the fuck is Trea Turner?

why would they give up a potential 4-5 WAR a year player with 5 years of control in turner in addition to top prospects for sale who is a 5 WAR a year pitcher with 3 years of control?

This is honestly the end of the franchise in Chicago. The Cubs thing was probably enough to do it alone but they are setting themselves for a decades long fall from relevance, come 2029 when the lease expires they'll be playing elsewhere.

>potential
that's part of the reason. Also Chris Sale is among the top 5 (at least) in baseball at his position. He'll win multiple Cy Youngs on a contending team in the NL.

If the White Sox don't get like at least the Nats top 3 prospects and another low level prospect I'd say it's a complete loss. Sale's contract makes him even more valuable

That's just not fair...

>Indians in serious talks with Edwin Encarnacion

Will they give up a 1st round compensatory pick (27th overall) and the rest of their money for 3 years of EE?

I think they're banking on Giolito becoming a dominant ace in the very near future.

If the Sox dont get Turner I want damn near all of the Nationals top 10 prospects. Pretty much everyone from their system who has name I recognize.

they didn't pitch much but that's w/o wheeler and good harvey. it's not a small sample size, but it's not yuge either

also, what if the mets got Davis/Cain? they have the prospects to get it done. royals want to package the two

turner put up 3 WAR in 78 games this past year, in a full season he could be an all star caliber player

Injuns to be honest my man

So you trade away Chris Sale for a guy you hope to god will be what Chris Sale already is? It makes no sense.

Yeah. This is fucking stupid. I fucking hate this entire FO so much.

Why couldnt we have gotten benintendi or devers or kopech or swihart or moncada instead

What the fuck is this shit

it does make sense when you realize that guy has twice as many years of control left on his contract and the white sox have little to no chance of being contenders in the next 3 years

unless they somehow convince sale to sign another team friendly contract

20% of Turner's career PA's have come against the Atlanta Braves. He owns a 1.400 OPS in those games.

And spare me the >could be because Chris Sale RIGHT NOW has Randy Johnson as his closest player comparison.

they'll at least throw in Ross and Taylor right? they barely have a place on the nats roster

>could
or he also be figured out by pitchers, go back to the lack of power he had in the minors, and likely not have a babip of .400

No, I wouldn't, but I'm just speculating that The Whos are using that logic. Get Giolito up there, if he becomes dominant, hit him with a long term 8-10 year deal.

>McCutchen to Nationals, pending physical

3 years is a long time. They could do any number of things in that time or even hope they catch lightning in a bottle one year.

I used to think that strategy was fucking retarded but now that I'm faced with donating Chris Sale to the first team that asks politely I'll happily go back to Kenny Williams ALL IN moves again. Wake me up from this nightmare.

I don't mean to sound like a dick but what is it like when you know your team won't make the post-season?

Honest question.

I've been blessed to have grown up a Dodger fan and being able to witness these playoffs runs and I'm blessed for being able to be so young and witnessing these games.

I was too young to remember those early 2000's seasons of mickey-mouse dodger baseball to understand just how great I have it now.

Im just so lucky to have been born just in time to witness the greatest pitcher to ever live.

Im privileged to be me.

sale isnt even the best starter on his own team

and if turner isnt that good why are WS fans adamant about him being the centerpiece of the deal?

Well, I see a few different paths for the Sale situation.

1.) That's not really the deal. Somebody could be withholding Turner's name or some guys they don't know about yet, or the report could just be simply wrong.

2.) They're trying to use this as leverage to scare Boston into giving up more for Sale than their offer.

3.) Chicago is pulling a Dads and is not sharing injury history with WSH, and Sale's arm might actually be close to exploding per /mlb/ memes.

4.) Chicago's front office is legitimately as fucking retarded as we all think and are setting back the Sox for a generation.

It's like crippling depression

8 years of it now and counting

and it'll just keep getting worse

What's the point of you people posting these? Do you get a kick out of fooling people for 3 seconds? Well congratulations, you fucking fooled me. I imagine this is a huge accomplishment for you, up there with surviving your mother's attempted abortion. Next time you think you're clever by posting a fake trade a free agent signing, just think about how quickly someone is able to expose you. It took me less than two seconds of my time to figure out you are a fraud. Now fuck off, and run along to the animal shelter where you can go on a hot date suited to your liking you fucking failure of a human.

About time the stove got hot desu

stop with this bullshit, the sox need a long term rebuild, they need to stock up on prospects, suck ass for 2 or 3 years, get some high ceiling prospects from the draft and try to content with a more balanced team.

2002 ws was pretty rough for me lad.
these meme years have been a blast though
3 rings since 2010
i am truly blessed

Why do you guys complain so much when you've won in 2005?

>Do you get a kick out of fooling people for 3 seconds?

Yes

whoever signs EE wins the 2017 WS calling it now

>he replies to pasta

Because no future and no direction due to an extremely bad FO

That explain it for you?

>Continuing to celebrate a championship that happened 11 years ago

you know it wont be the jays right?

zero % chance hes signed with pearce and morales on the team already

>EE is the big FA piece of the AL winter meetings 2016

Epic fucking L to the ''''american"" ""league""

>Blue Jays have offered Dexter Fowler in the neighborhood of $60MM over 4 years

>4.) Chicago's front office is legitimately as fucking retarded as we all think and are setting back the Sox for a generation.
"What gives you that idea?"

>AL Winter Meetings

I wasn't aware that the Winter Meetings were split up by real baseball and Babby League (aka NL) Baseball

Parrot man will look good with chief wahoo on his uniform

I'm a #Aboriginalmissile now desu

Now they're saying Abreu to Rockies is a creeping possiblity. I dont want to imagine how pathetic that return will be...maybe a couple 26 year old AAA relievers.

jays FO isn't planning on contending anyway bro

>celebrate a championship that happened 11 years ago
sounds nice desu

Rockies have an outstanding farm u ignorant fucking fuck. They can be in contention right now with 1 more bat and the same rotation just so long as they take that next step.

>jays offer 15 million
>fowler wants 18 million
>this will be the reason the deal falls through
>fowler goes to the cardinals in the end for 18 million a year
>shapiro comes out with a bullshit we did what we could even though they can easily sign fowler for 18 a year and stay under last years opening day payroll

you know having your team owned by a 30 billion dollar communications corporation isnt really that great to be honest

Unless you're willing to fully renounce your allegiance to any other sports city and solely dedicate yourself to the Indians, Browns, and Cavs, and ultimately the drinking quota that comes along with it, don't jump on the wagon.

Don't forget that Shapiro spent his entire career as the Indians FO head for years before taking the job in Torotno. I tried to warn you about the lowball deals.

It has more to do with Hahn selling off the entire time for pennies on the dollar. I'm sure the Rockies have plenty of nice things, and they'll keep all of them after Hahn donates Abreu to them.

>Yankees showing interest in Luis Valbuena
Literally for what purpose? I forgot how retarded Cashman can be in Free Agency

so what do you expect then, giolito, robles and lopez along with turner for sale? So you essentially want such a ridiculous overpay from the nationals that entire articles are written about it and front office staff are fired because of it?

I want Rodgers

God i fucking hate hahn

Dont compare a bottom 3 payroll with a team capable of competing with most big market teams. Shapiro has double the resources he had in Cleveland.

It seems only fair to compensate for how stupid our FO is

the reason rogers hired shapiro is because he has experience with a low payroll, hes deluded himself into thinking he could compete in the AL east with a shit tier payroll and isnt aware the rays exist and it doesnt work.

A tiger doesn't change his stripes. The argument Blue Jays fans keep saying is "WE HAVE MORE MONEY HERE". That's all well and good, but you have a man who's entire policy of building a consistent winner is to build a great farm system and shy away from older veterans and overpriced FAs.

I would've been fine with a Turner, Gioltio/Robles (either one), Lopez and some spare parts deal. I'd even be fine with a Robles, Giolito and then the next 4 or 5 of Washington's best prospects deal.

But if Robles and Giolito are the only two players of value coming back our way, and from Bowden's report thats the way it seems, its a disaster. They either rebuild the farm in one fell swoop or they add a handful of young players to the MLB roster. They've accomplished neither.

Which to be honest is the correct way to build a team. Most winning teams are built from the draft and augmented by free agents. I'm not giving Shapiro a free pass on being a jew but it could be worse. Last thing they need is him trading the remaining prospects for shitty vets.

>6-7 of a teams top prospects for chris sale

are you really this delusional? Im not even trying to be insulting, do you actually think thats a trade any GM in the league could hear without bursting out laughing?

In his defense, the Yankees got two top 100 prospects + a few more prospects with upside for Andrew Miller alone

the problem here is not spending, im glad he didnt give EE his crazy demands but we have over 30 million coming off the books from EE and jose alone, 17 million of that is going to pearce and morales, we could easily sign fowler for the 18 a year he wants without even raising the payroll.

fowler isnt a busted up old vet, hes still in his prime, wants a 4 year deal and at 18 a year is easily tradeable down the line when we have to blow up the team

Giolito a fucken bust bro. The dude got TJS and hasn't developed the way he 'supposed to' develop. He was supposed to be more major league ready than Urias, DeLeon, Weaver, Tailon, Glassnow, and Reyes in 2015 and two years later they've all made their debuts and proven themselves to be who they were meant to be.

It's a huge fuck up. They were better off taking the lesser pitching prospects of the Dodgers and the McCarthy and Kazmir contacts for free.

KW would