youtube.com/watch?v=sefkAixRDf8
youtube.com/watch?v=BFJ65Og3A2o
youtube.com/watch?v=gVDCKRYumqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got an Ulster in my mouth, lads.

I'm just posting so I don't get fined

wew leinster

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
15. Ben Foden, 14. Ken Pisi, 13. Luther Burrell, 12. JJ Hanrahan, 11. Jamie Elliott, 10. Stephen Myler, 9. Nic Groom, 1. Alex Waller, 2. Mikey Haywood, 3. Paul Hill, 4. Michael Paterson, 5. Courtney Lawes, 6. Jamie Gibson, 7. Tom Wood (c), 8. Louis Picamoles

Replacements: 16. Dylan Hartley, 17. Ethan Waller, 18. Gareth Denman, 19. Api Ratuniyarawa, 20. Teimana Harrison, 21. Tom Kessell, 22. George Pisi, 23. Ahsee Tuala

LEINSTER
15. Rob Kearney, 14. Adam Byrne,13. Garry Ringrose, 12. Robbie Henshaw, 11. Isa Nacewa (c), 10. Joey Carbery, 9. Luke McGrath, 1. Jack McGrath, 2. Sean Cronin, 3. Tadhg Furlong, 4. Devin Toner, 5. Hayden Triggs, 6. Sean O’Brien, 7. Josh van der Flier, 8. Jamie Heaslip

Replacements: 16. James Tracy, 17. Cian Healy, 18. Michael Bent, 19. Rhys Ruddock, 20. Jack Conan, 21. Jamison Gibson-Park, 22. Ross Byrne, 23. Rory O’Loughlin

wew
looking forward to seeing some memerose and henshaw

>play an extra game at the end of the autumn series
>make your captain so knackered he has to play from the bench in an important club game the following week
BRAVO ENGLAND

Hanrahan should never have left, he could well be starting for Munster rn.

Who the fuck is Hayden Triggs?

>not knowing the trigger man
Quite triggered right now if I'm being honest.

He's the guy with the handlebar moustache and the shite hands. You know, the one who drops the ball in the lineout?

Don't worry, if he has a bad game, Ruddock is right there to replace him.

Triggs actually played fairly well last week iirc

I wouldn't know, given I don't follow Leinster. All I know about him is what I've seen in interpros. Weren't >you playing Dragons last week though? Does that even count?

>mfw trying to enjoy rugby

what the fuck is a phase?
it looks like they're counting tackles, but it was rugby union so what the fuck would be the purpose of that?

Dragons actually beat them twice two seasons ago so they're a tricky team for leinster ;)
Plus I see no reason to throw to triggs in the lineout when the big man is there alongside him

what match you watching?

>Hear a couple of solid years hype for Hanrahan
>NEXT FECKIN CARTER GOAT WATCH
>Does literally nothing at professional level and can't beat out Ian fucking Keatley and Stephen shitting Myler to start

it was england v australia

it most definitely not live but I assume you fags played recently because it was the entire match, on ESPN.

>counting tackles
Basically. It shows how many plays/drives have been made. Shows how relentlessly they have been attacked.
It's really just a stat for stats sake

Because it's a nice number to keep track of, it's meaningless in the laws, but it gives an idea of how the game's going

A phase is basically moving from one tackle situation (usually a ruck, when the ball is on the ground) to another.

The only time it really appears on the graphics is when one team is linking a lot of phases together instead of kicking the ball away or otherwise interrupting the sequence of play.

It doesn't have any particular significance in the rules, but it lets the audience know that the period of play they are watching is quite intense.

I know it's impolite to point out any mistakes he made now that he's dead, but what the fuck was Foley thinking driving Hanrahan out of the team in favour of Keatley? He was the most talented 10 that's come out of the province since ROG and he provided far more from general play. It seems like Foley just wanted to play a "grind out penalties by attrition and win through pashun" gameplan and didn't have time for fancy things like skill.

Can't really blame Foley though. It's a common problem throughout Munster, and it's the same reason Dillane ended up at Connacht. According to a former under-age player with Munster
>He was by far the best athlete in the squad, but he was basically a mute on the pitch - when I was there anyway. Munster always seemed to push lads who were brilliant talkers in the dressing room or huddle, and would try to build their skills and athletic ability around that trait rather than the other way around.
>There was guys being given academy contracts who were obviously good players and had great attitudes, but you just couldn't imagine them making an impact with Munster or Ireland.
>Maybe they got too loyal to the idea of passion and bravery and all that, which was linked with Mick Galwey and The Claw and the likes, not realising that the game had changed so much with professionalism that it wasn't enough anymore.
>I felt Munster coaches would get much more satisfaction from the slug fest 6-3 win, and they didn't have much interest in the try-fest. More 'pride' and 'unity' and all that shite - which, in fairness, is needed - but I think you should pick players who are capable of racking up the tries and teach them how to get through the hard battles, instead of the other way around.

decent match but watch this instead for perfect rugby

youtube.com/watch?v=sefkAixRDf8

wtf are the rules to this game?

Sometimes the ref stops play after the ball carrier gets tackled, other times he just throws it out the back and play carries on.

I understand that stats can be used to give you an idea of who's doing better without them being relevant to the rules.
like shots on goal in football.
but in football for example you have the "possession" stat that helps that way, except they show it to you every now and again, but counting the tackles live as the game unfolds I mean, I don't know, what am I supposed to take from that?

be more specific leaf, no one's going to spend time writing up the laws for the entire game

I can be useful to show how impenetrable/disciplined a defence is, like if the other team keeps racking up loads of phases in the 22 but has no points to show for it.

Generally the rules are
>NZ wins, lol

tackal man

means a team is keeping possession well, organisation might break down, players getting tired. In real time it doesn't mean much but after a game you can say 'team Y only had 1 5+ phase attack' and that can tell you a bit.

wait a second

>muh phases
youtube.com/watch?v=BFJ65Og3A2o

fair enough

>at home
>with nigel owens as ref
gee who could have seen that coming

NORTHERN
HEMISGOAT
BASEDBY

You can have possession and be building phases but you can also have possession and be playing slowly with little to few phases

Just from the stats you can see that one case the team with possession is attacking a lot, the other case they are playing very slowly probably trying to run the clock put.

Just took a massive Welsh at work lads.

just play the Clermont - Sarracens final already

and just give the cup to Sarracens

We win lol.

Literally taking a Welsh right now, it's a wet one

There is something incredibly satisfying about beating Northampton. That and 2011 make me giddy.

Except that one time.
But we don't talk about that.

>Munster
youtube.com/watch?v=gVDCKRYumqk

So which pro12 team should I bandwagon lads?

Zebre

What Super Rugby team do you support and I'll tell you who their corresponding team is.

If you want to still have an interest after the pool stages, I recommend an Irish team.

Leinster - Glory team, Irish media darlings, most internationals, biggest budget.
Munster - Pashun babbies, obsessed with ''''''muh legends''''''. See Ulster - Serial chokers, the Arsenal of rugby. Intensely religious players, with plenty of autists on the panel
Connacht - Current Pro12 Champions, the Leicester of rugby, including the inevitable decline. A big fat, stinking meme.

Ignore the Glasgods shitposter

does munster's XV include the likes of Frankenstein, Dracula, the mummy and werewolves?

What if the 1974 British Lions played in today's era?

They'd get fucking destroyed by big strong islander boys.

Why?

Because the players back then cared about skill not size and eat normal diets, not 5000 calories a day.
You can thank johno lonu for this decent into madness.

Aren't today's players bigger, stronger, and faster?

Yup, they sure are.

As I'm sure are nfl players.

Not even that. The players back then were all amateurs who relied on a benevolent network of old boys to give them paying jobs while they played rugby on weekends and went touring every couple of years. They would get fucking massacred.

The mighty pic related

Connacht.

>just won the competition for the first time
>fewer internationals than the other teams
Ya, it's Connacht

the conrad smith nonu pairing is reminiscent of the o driscoll darcy partnership, and coles is quite similar to cronin

The odriscoll darcy partnership is what I call it when I have a piss and a shit.

>Australia in charge of centre quality
Tell me more about Kuridrani, Hodge and Godwin. Quality.

On a side note, is it even possible to have a shit without doing a bit of a piss as well? I always just end up doing both when I go for a shit..

Don't you just hate it when your dick's so big it touches the inside of the toilet when you Welsh so you have to hold your cock awkwardly.

they'd get slaughtered, like, literally
their opponent would actually have to take care of not crippling them

that's what happen when I BOD

Witches kisses are the worst

my dick touches the water

hate it it's so annoying

Blues m8

Ulster

Or Cardiff Blues

Glasgow it is then.

Just done my morning Toner lads
How did yours go?

Fuck this cricket shit
Cut all funding and pump it into Americas Cup 2bh

For NZ
>Hurricanes=Connacht
Reigning champions after winning their first title. Fans always bitching they don't have enough players in the national squad, even if the NT is doing really well.
>Crusaders=Munster
Dominant 10 years ago, but haven't won much lately. Produced a lot of players who formed the backbone of the international side, but they've mostly retired now.
>Blues=Ulster
Great in the 1990s. Steep decline since. Flatter to deceive.
>Chiefs=Leinster
Built a really good team, but performances in the last two seasons haven't reflected the quality of their squad.
>Highlanders=Glasgow
Were champions the year before last. Have a really good fullback... (I don't know enough about these two teams to make this connection stick any further)

MUNSTER
15. Simon Zebo, 14. Darren Sweetnam, 13. Jaco Taute, 12. Rory Scannell, 11. Keith Earls, 10. Tyler Bleyendaal, 9. Conor Murray, 1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Niall Scannell, 3. John Ryan, 4. Donnacha Ryan, 5. Billy Holland, 6. Peter O’Mahony (c), 7. Tommy O’Donnell, 8. CJ Stander

Replacements: 16. Rhys Marshall, 17. Thomas du Toit, 18. Stephen Archer, 19. Jean Kleyn, 20. Jack O’Donoghue, 21. Duncan Williams, 22. Ian Keatley, 23. Andrew Conway

LEICESTER TIGERS
15. George Worth, 14. Adam Thompstone, 13. Manu Tuilagi, 12. Owen Williams, 11. Peter Betham, 10. Freddie Burns, 9. Ben Youngs, 1. Logovi’i Mulipola, 2. Tom Youngs (c), 3. Greg Bateman, 4. Ed Slater, 5. Graham Kitchener, 6. Mike Fitzgerald, 7. Brendon O’Connor, 8. Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements: 16. George McGuigan, 17. Ellis Genge, 18. Pat Cilliers, 19. Luke Hamilton, 20. Will Evans, 21. Sam Harrison, 22. Jack Roberts, 23. Tom Brady

ULSTER
15. Charles Piutau, 14. Tommy Bowe, 13. Luke Marshall, 12. Stuart McCloskey, 11. Louis Ludik, 10. Paddy Jackson, 9. Ruan Pienaar, 1. Kyle McCall, 2. Rory Best (c), 3. Wiehahn Herbst, 4. Peter Browne, 5. Robbie Diack, 6. Iain Henderson, 7. Chris Henry, 8. Sean Reidy,
Replacements: 16. Rob Herring, 17. Andy Warwick, 18. Rodney Ah You, 19. Kieran Treadwell, 20. Clive Ross, 21. Paul Marshall, 22. Darren Cave, 23. Jacob Stockdale

CLERMONT
15. Scott Spedding, 14. David Strettle, 13. Remi Lamerat, 12. Wesley Fofana, 11. Nick Abendanon, 10. Camille Lopez, 9. Morgan Parra, 1. Raphael Chaume, 2. Benjamin Kayser, 3. Davit Zirakashvili, 4. Flip van der Merwe, 5. Sébastien Vahaamahina, 6. Damien Chouly (c), 7. Alexandre Lapandry, 8. Peceli Yato

Replacements: 16. Yohan Beheregaray, 17. Etienne Falgoux, 18. Clement Ric, 19. Sitaleki Timani, 20. Camille Gerondeau, 21. Ludovic Radosavljevic, 22. Benson Stanley, 23. Alivereti Raka

CONNACHT
15. Tiernan O’Halloran, 14. Niyi Adeolokun, 13. Stacey Ili, 12. Bundee Aki, 11. Cian Kelleher, 10. Jack Carty, 9. Kieran Marmion, 1. Denis Buckley, 2. Tom McCartney, 3. Conor Carey, 4. Ultan Dillane, 5. Quinn Roux, 6. Nepia Fox-Matamua, 7. Jake Heenan, 8. John Muldoon (c)

Replacements: 16. Dave Heffernan, 17. JP Cooney, 18. Finlay Bealham, 19. Sean O’Brien, 20. Eoin McKeon, 21. Caolin Blade, 22. Rory Parata, 23. Peter Robb

WASPS
15. Rob Miller, 14. Christian Wade, 13. Alapati Leiua, 12. Kurtley Beale, 11. Josh Bassett, 10. Jimmy Gopperth, 9. Dan Robson, 1. Matt Mullan, 2. Tommy Taylor, 3. Marty Moore, 4. Joe Launchbury (c), 5. Kearnan Myall, 6. Ashley Johnson, 7. Thomas Young, 8. Nathan Hughes

Replacements: 16. Alex Rieder, 17. Tom Bristow, 18. Jake Cooper-Woolley, 19. James Gaskell, 20. Guy Thompson, 21. Joe Simpson, 22. Brendan Macken, 23. Frank Halai

RACING 92
15. Brice Dulin, 14. Joe Rokocoko, 13. Casey Laulala, 12. Anthony Tuitavke, 11. Juan Imhoff, 10. Dan Carter, 9. Maxime Machenaud, 1. Eddy Ben Arous, 2. Dimitri Szarzewski, 3. Cedate Gomes Sa, 4. Manuel Carizza, 5. Leone Nakarawa, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Yannick Nyanga, 8. Antonie Claassen.

Replacements: 16. Camille Chat, 17. Viliamu Afatia, 18. Luc Ducalcon, 19. Gerbrandt Grobler, 20. Chris Masoe, 21. Xavier Chauveau, 22. Benjamin Dambielle, 23. Albert Vulivuli

GLASGOW WARRIORS
15. Stuart Hogg, 14. Tommy Seymour, 13. Alex Dunbar, 12. Samuel Johnson, 11. Lee Jones, 10. Finn Russell, 9. Ali Price, 1. Gordon Reid, 2. Fraser Brown, 3. Zander Fagerson, 4. Tim Swinson, 5. Jonny Gray, 6. Robert Harley, 7. Simone Favaro, 8. Ryan Wilson

Replacements: 16. Corey Flynn, 17. Alex Allan, 18. Sila Puafisi, 19. Brian Alainu'uese, 20. Josh Strauss, 21. Henry Pyrgos, 22. Mark Bennett, 23. Sean Lamont

>Hurricanes=Connacht
Never come here again.

The idea was to make parralels between Pro12 teams and NN Super Rugby sides. Both are the reigning champions, both just won their first ever title. Who makes a better parallel?

Despite being perpetual underperformers, Hurricanes are actually good. Connacht are shit.

Let it go Glasgow guy. Evidently they weren't shit last year

meme team
meme year
meme win

back to 8th where they belong

>Implying on glasgow guy hates Cucknacht

>this triggers the glasgow fan

I love the way the camera angle highlights Hogg's receding hairline. Really adds to the JUST-ness of the picture.

l-leinster let's go goysh

What did you think of the first half. I think we can officially say Luke McGrath is shit. Was funny listening to Off the Ball before the game with Gerry Thornley saying he should be second choice ahead of Marmion. What exactly is he supposed to be good at?

>What exactly is he supposed to be good at?
Missing tackles and knocking it on, that's what.

>being ABC

Since when does Kevin Kilbane play scrum-half for Northampton?

>all the Northampton fans leaving the ground

Bonus point for Leinster

If they don't force it, yeah it should be. They need to take their time a bit.

RIP Saints

>Santos' composture

why watch union when league exists

>biggest international league tournament
>lower average attendance than Leinster's Pro12 games

yeh fag nfl is popular too it doesnt make it a better game

Hartley can kiss Lions captaincy goodbye. Probably won't even tour now. What a tit.