kenley signings fucking when i need me some doyer tears

Mariners!

>Your team
>How they've done so far this off season

xth for 2017 ws champs

Mariners
pretty good as long as Segura doesnt fail

Royals
I hope this isn't the beginning of trading it all away for another 30 ringless years

There might be a small glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel after all

you know it is buddy
just accept it and be happy with your ring

Bask in the glory of having had more recent pennants and ring than the Doyers.

>lost the best pitcher in the AL
>lost one of the best players in the AL with the best contract

>got a player with a 60% strikeout rate
>got a pitcher who broke his hand fighting a teammate
>got a pitcher who had TJS and lost all his stuff
>got some manlet dominican who'll probably blow his arm out
>and a couple other shitters

fucking terrible desu

>Toronto
Pretty fucking pumped about Steven Pearce

>Jays
>started out well, then completely gave up

I'd be happy if we signed a full time OF. so far we've signed a DH and a utility player. but we lost two relievers, a DH, and an OF, so we haven't even replaced what we lost, let alone improved

Astros desu

So is Pedro Baez the new doyers closer now that Jansen is gone?

This is some falseflagging

it's literally all true

>Cubes
>Trade a purple-ass nigger who can't hit in sub 80F climates for the best closer in baseball
>Sign Jon Jay to mentor Albert Almora Jr., for 1/3rd the money Fowler is asking for, who is due for regression
>Get a bunch of lefties to fill out the bullpen
>Babe Ruth Jr. will be healthy
>Will have the fastest catcher with the strongest arm and most power in the game ready behind homeplate, with Miguel Montero bitching the entire way
>Jason Heyward will has been working since he won the world series to fix his swing with the hitting coach in Arizona

Imagine this lineup:

1) Jon Jay
2) Jason Heyward (batted .293 in '15)
3) Kris Bryant
4) Anthony Rizzo
5) Kyle Schwarber
6) Willson Contreras
7) Addison Russel (will hit > 20 HRs)
8) Javy Baez (will hit > 15 HRs)
9) Jake Arrieta (.265 BA in 2016)

Gave up a couple decent yet unproven prospects but filled two glaring needs. Still need a closer and bulpen help.

Mariners
Alright, but where the fuck is the starting pitching, Jerry?

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
>tfw no old/fat

You guys picked up Chris Heston desu he threw a no hitter

OMFG

>who's
I'm hopeful. Let's see what happens with Quintana and Frazier.

Isn't that what you guys wanted? A proper rebuild?

>Dodgers
>got a 40 year old pitcher who suddenly became good in age 38 after sucking his entire career
>also he's good for about 10 starts per season
>for $60M

Gotta get some people to come to the ballpark and buy merchandise to keep the team going. The White Sox are already in trouble when it comes to filling Guaranteed Rape Field. They barely crack 21,800 people per game there. Also, their TV ratings are so garbage low, that they could lose broadcast contracts in a few years.

Why? Thought they would save up to retain Jansen. Guess they don't care about winning in the post season. Jansen was the only pitcher shutting down the Cubs.

>signed le cuban dinger man
>QO to walker
>traded slimy shit verrett for shekels
>?

I was in KC this past summer. It's a beautiful, clean city there. The niggers seem pretty well behaved. Went to Arthur Bryants for some BBQ. What the fuck is up with the white bread that they pile all that BBQ on? Also, it got me to like BBQ that isn't sweet, but instead, tastes somewhat like chili. BTW, I didn't see a single Royals fan. WTF is up with that? Thought I'd see World Series Champs flags everywhere, with everyone having Royals shit all over their cars.

>with Miguel Montero bitching the entire way
This feels incredibly appropriate for some reason

you can't keep a great man down

congratulations daniel!

EE to the mariners

Red Sox here

>just give me the rings for the next three years

daniel nava signed with the phillies! great job daniel!

hey, did you see what daniel nava did??

not really, what I wanted is for the FO to be fired, all of them

this team could easily have been competitive for the past couple years if they weren't so retarded. And they could have contended this season still if they were willing to spend

this is fine too though, but I still hope everyone is fired
also I still don't like the Eaton deal

@All

your team could have had daniel nava! but they didn't get him! congratulations phillies!!

What do you not like about the Eaton deal?

I've said it plenty of times already

Am I supposed to fucking make notes every time a who's fan says something? You're retarded if you don't like the trade t b h.

Who's the worst broadcaster in baseball?
Is it the Hawk Harrelson? (Whos)
youtube.com/watch?v=SBwNiZmnSDM&t=62s
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd9osL3TP-c
youtube.com/watch?v=jM3QlGI2EiA
Tommy Hutton? (Muttlins)
youtube.com/watch?v=ddncpu9gd84
Mark Grace? (Dbags)
youtube.com/watch?v=fx7oOVNtRBg
Michael Kay? (Stankees)
youtube.com/watch?v=OviQieXrBNM
or
Ron Santo (Cubes)
youtube.com/watch?v=WnMo_bwX5gk&t=51s

Good thing you're not a gm

just don't feel like repeating myself faggot, if you've been around you'd have seen my posts especially since everyone calls me a retard after them

Nats fan here. You're right to be concerned. Lopez is meh and Giolito got lit up. Also he wilted under pressure which is always a bad omen. His fastball has no movement at all. Thanx for the OF who is controllable at below market for 5 years. I don't get why /mlb/ thinks theNats got fleeced. Sure they lost out on Sale, but starting pitching isn't really one of their needs and they weren't willing to give up Turner for him, rightfully so.

what will daniel nava look like on the phillies?? artist's rendering!

O's
Pic related

>Jints desu
>one top shelf reliever and that's it

I'm okay with it but not ecstatic. We're already in the luxury tax so I get it

I wear my alcs hoodie everyday, I usually see at least 3-4 royals hats a day don't know what happened for you. Should have see it right after the win, I think every single person in the city was wearing blue.

>bandwagon

arist's rendering 2/2! please don't use without permission, ESPN/disney!!

>chiming in to dickride another faggots post after you already bowed out and admitted you were a bitch nigga

you can't make this shit up

>don't get why /mlb/ thinks the Nats got fleeced.
Because you did, giving up 3 prospects who were the same people (sans robles) you were going to trade for sale is dumb. All for an above average player who is going to play CF, at which he's mediocre at

Hawk is bad, Michael Kay is worse, everyone on the postseason broadcasts this year were burning garbage and should never be within 500 ft of a baseball stadium again, but my vote goes to Matt Vagsgersian. Every word out of his mouth is unfuckingbearable

>at which he's mediocre at
when u can't decide whether to use proper grammar or to be casual and cool 4channer

Nava sucks

Yeah. It's too bad that some of the greats, like Vin Scully, Bob Uecker and Dick Enberg (Doyers, Booers, and Padres) all wasted their careers on shitty baseball teams.

>Michael Kay is worse
he's medicore but no one is worse than Hawk. Also fuck you, Vasgersian is great

Alright
>y'all niggas r dumb and got fleeced
Better

You suck

But I've seen Lopez and Giolito pitch, they're not that great. The Nats don't need starting pitching, what they need is a CF. Both teams got what they wanted. Why is that so hard to understand. Also, the whos wanted Giolito, Lopez + Turner and Robles for Sale, not even close to the same package for a guy they didn't really need. They would have only pulled the trigger on Sale if the price was right. It wasn't. Rizzo did the right thing.

delete this

Wasn't their viewership among the highest in the league this year? Other than that I guess I walked right into that shitpost trap.

Santa Maria, a faggot!

Seriously name a more fucking stupid home run call. Hawk's has energy at least, and Kay's are usually stupid puns but show some creativity

Whoa whoa vasgersian is fucking awesome what are you talking about SANTA MARIA

Wait, I'm mixing the Bankees broadcasters aren't I. Yeah no Kay is pretty fucking stupid too

No

we're banking on giolito to be able to get his "stuff" and velocity back. If he doesn't then he will be a back end starter at best, if he does then maybe he's a top end starter, maybe. A pretty big gamble.

Lopez is ok, player I most like in the deal, easily, likely to be a mid to back rotation starter at least, ok, fine.

dunning is a lottery pick, most likely a bullpen guy if anything

Eaton is a 5 win player, even if you're low on him he's a 3-4 win player, controllable for 5 years for pennies. If giolito does turn out to be an ace, then ok, the deal would be worth it, but the chances of that happening I really do not like.

another thing
Eaton, in the long term, is more valuable than Sale to the white sox. He's not more valuable to other teams that want to win now, Sale is better for that, but he is more valuable to the white sox during a rebuild route, as he's around longer and less volatile than a pitcher. So other teams were never going to give as much of a return for Eaton as they were for Sale. I'm not saying it would be necessarily wrong to trade Eaton, just that the return was never going to be as good, and far less likely to surpass whatever value Eaton would have had had he stayed. The return pieces for him were always going to be more risky, no slam dunk top prospects. I wouldn't have traded him.

The fact that the nats were so willing to part with giolito, far more than they were willing to part with a 19 year old kid in A ball should tell you how sure a thing giolito is.

>Seriously name a more fucking stupid home run call.
He gone

listen,, all i'm going to say is you better hope i'm not going to do what i'm planning on doing. you better hope i just delete and forget about all my clear, detailed plans. you better hope i have a last second change of heart and decide i could never do something like what i'm planning on doing. that's your only hope. that's all i'm saying.

>Rizzo did the right thing.
He got pantsed by boston, found out his star player wants a shit ton of money, couldn't get cutch, went into desperation mode and got an average CF, Good job indeed

Nats guy again. Giolito fell out of favor after multiple poor outings. My take on him is that he's soft and can't take the pressure. Management had soured on him. As for Lopez, I project him to be converted in to a bullpen guy. A decent one, but those guys are a dime a dozen. Dunning I don't know much about. IMO, the Nats got the better end of the deal. Giolito may still put it together, but he's a couple years away.

Sale is a cancer. I'm glad they passed on him.

And they got the other cancer in return
Good job

One more thing, I would prefer to trade for top position players rather than top pitchers.

having the headliner of a trade be a top pitching prospect just does not feel like a smart move to me. The chance that he actually pans out as an ace isn't terribly high, and many times it also takes several years for them to really iron their shit out.
We have Rodon for a top end starter, when they're ready to win they can always acquire an ace via trade or free agency, like the cubs with Lester, the Red Sox with Sale, or deadline deals like the blue jays with price etc.
Feels smarter to me to trade for guys like Lopez or De Leon who are more certain to be mid to back end starters, or more risky high upside types like Kopech who have potential ace stuff and hope they pan out. But definitely have the headliner of deals be major league ready, or close to ready, position players. Which for the Nats is just Turner, and they were never going to trade him, so never should have traded with the Nats.

this is just additional though, the main reasons I didn't like the trade are in the first post.

If I played for the whos, I would be a whiny little bitch too.

OMFG why is no one talking about this blockbuster???

He was known as a selfish dick before he played for the whos

does anyone know the name of the boy on the left of the photo?

That looks to be the cameraman

>Mediocre starting pitcher X could be the next Andrew Miller!

I'm okay with the trade. They got what they needed and gave up guys that were expendable. Of course, it's always a wait and see thing. Maybe him and Harper will choke each other in the dugout. Should prove to be entertaining.

>I would prefer to trade for top position players
Are you aware of what team you're a fan of?

>19 AB

hi please respond to my nava posting above

Vin Scully did well in fleecing the Doyers and ended his career as he always wanted to.

forgot pic

Any other situations like this out there in MLB?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SCSBGfuWgSs

Hey did you see Daniel Nava signed with the Phillies?

yes, please note my nava posting above!!!

>Giolito

Almost ruined by the same team that ruined many arms in the past. Seriously, the Nationals destroy everything they touch when it comes to pitchers. Guys like Scherzer who have been in the league forever know better than to listen to them. Frankly, the Nationals know better than to tell Scherzer what to do.

The Sox acquired Giolito knowing full well what they wanted to do to correct him. My guess is Cooper will have him standing taller through his delivery, because that's what Cooper has everyone do. But they'll surely fidget with his arm angle (the Nationals definitely did) and go only searching for that velocity. The velocity is still in there somewhere, kid's only 22 years old and the Sox would not have acquired him if he didn't check out medically. He has to unlearn what he learned in Washington.

Also, rushing somebody who isn't ready into the major leagues is bad, especially for a pitcher. Recall the struggles of Carlos Rodon and Carson Fulmer. Nationals lost a few guys to injury, panicked, and called up Giolito (despite knowing he had issues) because they needed a guy for the playoff hunt. You willing to give up on Fulmer? How about Rodon?

would you build a shrine in the clubhouse for the 14 year old son of your former teammate?

who hoping for new stadium announcement next month?

Not him, but i wouldn't call it a "shrine", they just hung up a jersey

hey there are a lot of nava posts above which are you referring to?

and what about the bloodletting?

the ones that were mine, please

It's coming at the fanfest, I can feel it.