CDs

What does Sup Forums think of CDs? Are they still worth buying and are they still worth listening to?

new CDs aren't

To support an artist I like I'll buy their cd if it is ~15 or less.

I'll buy a CD if it's from a band I like and if it's been out a while. I won't buy new CDs.

>are they still worth listening to?

why arent new cds? are you talking about new artists or new remasters?

*not

They're, better than vinyl in terms of audio quality and price.
People are being pretty pissy about new CDs, what have they done to they?

i like to collect them, they're fairly cheap, are a nice way to have a physical copy of music you like without selling both of your kidneys, get to support and artist n stuff, have a way of playing them without spending a lot in a set up and overall are the poorfag's savior if you want to own physical music

personally I enjoy collecting CD's they're fairly cheap considering a lot of new vinyl can be $20-30 on the low side and some stores you can walk out with 3 CD's for that price plus I'd rather have the physical copy for the fact if I buy something I put more commitment into the music by listening to it more than a free YouTube video or streaming just because I paid money for it depends if you have the money for vinyl which I personally don't I only buy my favorites on Vinyl

i had an aneurysm the other day when i realized cars no longer have built in CD players

Cassettes are cheaper and better.

nothing they're just overpriced new

bait

They're useful for stuff that isn't readily available in FLAC otherwise. Vinyl is total shit-tier though.

I moved on to tapes. Much harder to collect since many don't print them
It's really not

CDs are the best. Check out my recent pickups. Top right isn't new though I've had that for years.

I'll sometimes pick up new music on CD instead of digital, particularly if it's a favorite artist or a good packaging job. More often I get my CDs used, rip them, and donate them to the library. I only save those I don't expect to find another copy of easily.

He is right.
You can even go to thriftstores where they are sold for less than 1 USD. A solid cassette deck isn't expensive either. I bought a high-end player for around 20 USD. The sound quality can be pretty good provided the tapes themselves are of good quality. It also has the benefit of being an analogue format.

Only not made obsolete by digital download yet because of the additional artwork.

Besides, bronzing and disc rot are a thing

>signed Smash Mouth
kek nice

wait what
since when

Half Price Books has a 20% off sale right now. Cheap cds. Fuck the overpriced vinyl resurgence and fuck digital downloads.

Yeah, user. wtf

I still prefer CD's over downloads, as you can both hold them in your hands and rip them to make FLAC files.

jewel cases are the most fragile pieces of shit to ever become standard

They're basically outer "sleeves"

You can buy a box of blank ones as replacements

This.

wouldnt installing the back/spine cover be a pain in the ass?

>prefering to pay money for an old 16bit digital file and then spend time putting it in a drive and ripping it to flac
>not just instantly getting the flac in a few minutes for free

wew lad .... wanna buy some used casette tapes to make mp3's while your at it ?

>Reachin