>>730449362

but it is their job

>it doesn't have to give them money
They produce a service that attracts viewers to youtube and expect to be compensated for it. That is how capitalism works.

/thread

Youtube doesn't have to pay them. They're not YT employees and they don't have a contract. If they don't like YT, quit bitching and find another site.

>doesn't have to give them money

Do you pay them in shekels? I don't understand.

you don't understand how adsense works do you?

I don't think you do. Coca-cola isn't obliged to advertise on their channel if they don't want to.

if all the big youtubers migrated to another site they'd hit the same snag eventually.

This is a business model problem. Someone needs to invent a video site that incentivizes content creation AND gets rid of the dependence on advertisers.

Got any ideas bud?

There's a difference between the company making the decision and youtube arbitrarily making it for them

Who gives a fuck about any of it. Most YouTube celebs like h3h3 have a few decent videos among a pile of trash. Watch the ones you like, skip everything else. Fuck subscribing to any E-celeb personality, none of them produce enough consistently good content to merit that. Most of them just push out as much shit as possible to get more views, they don't care about the quality. If you want good content find podcasts about subjects you're interested in, it's much better than spending hours watching shit on YouTube. All these E-celebs using annoying cuts, gimmicks, shit memes, and circle jerk each other by guest starring in each other's videos, because all they want is subs and to see their view count go up, they give no fucks about providing good quality content. Need proof? Look at Twitch. Tons of YouTube celebs spend a lot of their time on Twitch now opposed to working on good videos because it's easier for their lazy, uninspiring asses.

If YT doesn't want their videos to be monetized, too fucking bad, they don't owe them anything. It just gives them a platform to publish their videos and they can be paid or not according to YT and the advertisers.

But you do understand the difference between a company directly saying they don't want their ads and youtube making the call for them right?

h3h3 started out good but now its become shit, Ethan has used viewers for private financial gain. So has the Nostalgia Critic.
YouTube is a video sharing website, it owes them nothing, I'm tempted to make my own video about these cunts where I can encourage people to use adblock+ which prevents payment.

They haven't been fun in months. Everything is super serious about their money and how WSJ is secretly destroying every youtuber. Even when they do upload a light hearted one you can they're bogged down about their lawsuit/muh youtubebux/Politics

Youtube won't give the slightest shit if they stop uploading tomorrow.

This is why I unsubbed

I suppose the advertisers agreed YT choose what ads should play on each videos.
If they disagree they should discuss it with YT instead of whinning with their viewers every time something doesn't go their way.

Who are these boring sounding twits now? and why should I care

Every other video now is them complaining about Youtube because they ran out of ideas.
H3H3 was best at the beginning when their videos were spontaneous, now they only do it for money.

Well that is because YouTube wants channels like h3h3 idubbbztv filthy frank and any other controversial channels removed from their platform. They want THEIR site to be as PG and PC as possible...
Ever wondered why you can't see any search results for derogatory terms try writing fuck or nigger in the search box see how many results you are going to get fuck even gets censored to fuc

youtube is notorious for not helping content creators, is why most people partner with companies whose entire job is to work with youtube.
As someone who made videos for a while, youtube support people might as well not exist.

I don't think coke wants to have ads on a video titles NIGGERS SLAPPED IN PUBLIC: PRANKED [FUNNY]

Or they could just use Patreon. Jim Sterling has been completely unaffected in all of this since he doesn't monetize anything on YouTube.

>YouTube wants channels like h3h3 idubbbztv filthy frank and any other controversial channels removed from their platform. They want THEIR site to be as PG and PC as possible...
And they own the site, it's their right. If you were a real American and not a whiny liberal you'd understand they're right.

I thought a liberal would want it to be PC though?
Isn't this something that makes Sup Forums mad?

Why haven't they opened a patreon? I would pitch in.

>I thought a liberal would want it to be PC though?
Sure. What they want is irrelevant, youtube gets to decide what their property becomes.
>Isn't this something that makes Sup Forums mad?
A company getting to control it's asset instead of giving in to whiny crybabies demanding money? God no.

I think YouTube's idiot corporate sponsors are finally catching on that most of use ad blockers anyway and never see their gay ass commercials.

I want to see Katy creampied so bad.

There's only two ways to do Patreon. From the beginning, or not at all.
When a channel gets too big, using Patreon is considered scummy because they're begging for more on top of what they already make. And going full Patreon is very financially risky because they can't guarantee they'll make as much as they were making before.
If they were truly in dire straights though, like to the point where the jump would be worth it, I think they would have already done it. At the moment all they can do it complain.

but to deny them a platform where they can call people cucks and niggers because the platform will suppress their power to shitpost. Seems to make them mad when their shitty threads get deleted on other boards.