Explain why you aren't a feminist, or else

Explain why you aren't a feminist, or else.

Because i have more than 100 brain cells....

women should be treated as they were in ancient greece

why does his torso grew three sizes that day?

I am a feminist.

I don't associate with groups when it comes to politicized subjects as other people would create assumptions based on that group that do not reflect my beliefs or myself as a person

>or else
I pick this

To put a title to decent human behavior makes said behavior an indecent act. If you're a good, morally sound person you dont lable yourself something. You're just what a person should be. Saying its feminism or liberalism or mukaphacism or whatever the fuck makes you an attention grabbing sub human shit pile and you should die.

I am a feminist you're the one who's not a feminist

So you don't like humanism then

Feminism will inherit the earth

>or else

that's why

I have nothing against feminist and there are probably some among the women I know.
Their is no place in my life for self professed feminists.
The exact same goes for homo's.
A lesbian here or there would be ok, but they don't want in my life.

I find it sad and surprising how easily a small vocal group of radical "Feminists" have tarnished the reputation of feminism to such an extent within such a short amount of time.

Hi OP, wanna chat

Dafuq?
So im like a 5 armed lizard person then?

There's a difference between a regular feminist and a third-wave feminist loon

I pretty much am I just don't affiliate with groups

/thread

they're both not needed
women are actually more than equal at least in the United States, they won, they have nothing left to fight for. they're just bitching to bitch.

Hey OP, If you wanted to b8 some replies try Sup Forums

What can you do? Women have a talent for fucking shit up in record time. They just had to give up the ability to do anything good quickly. Takes them 4 hours to look good in the mirror but 4 seconds to fuck up that look.

Gender equality > feminism.

cause i can suck MY OWN dick

I am. I believe in gender equality as an end, and I believe that presently, the means to that end is the advancement of women's rights -- or, more generally in this age, the advancement of the social rights of all people to hold values that differ from the excessive value that mainstream culture places on masculinity, and to live according to the values they thereby hold -- for example, women, LGBTQ folk, those who are too fat or skinny to demonstrate physical fitness (and by extent are precluded from traditional notions of masculinity), and cis het effeminate men. I'm fond of people in general, including physically fit cis het masculine men, and I support them as individuals, but I don't support their social advancement, because I believe the rest of us need a minute to catch up to where they are in terms of being appropriately valued in society.

Speaking of which, I'm not fond of the so-called "feminist" extremism that's grown out of the discontents of the groups I stand for in these past several years. I understand their frustrations, but hate is never the answer.

Speaking of hate never being the answer, stop fucking hating on us.

I am not a feminist because I believe that there are certain things that are badly thought out, for example, that it is called feminism and not egalitarianism or something like that, secondly that many women do not want absolute equality, only equality in what benefits them and is something that Seems fatal, that by no means start calling a male misogynist oppressor homrade if they do not agree with them, that the opinion of men are right or not is not taken into account, because in the end the issue tires only can be active feminists Women and men have to be feminists but keep quiet and quiet, they can not go to a manifestation of feminism to support it

Because feminism is retarded. Women are to be fucked and used as property

I need a clear goal to work towards, not an ever changing, always out of reach thing that other people can't agree on.
What is feminism truly going for? I'll bet if I was a girl, they would tell me the truth, that it's about getting your way 100% of the time with no consequences. But that selfish idea doesn't sound good when you say it.

Because we have traps, making women even more useless.

I am not a feminist...and even though I think women should free to pursue whatever she wants for her life, should be paid equally etc., because we are equal to men.....I also believe in gender roles. I believe in being a good wife to a good husband, and that there is nothing wrong with being a mother or house wife either. as for myself? I am currently the well taken care of stay home wife and student (future RN)...my husband works for consol, makes a good living...and when he comes home and I'm home....I cook dinner. the house is always clean. I decorate to make our house a nice home for us to be comfortable. i take care of the kids. he takes care of me, I take care of him...and I also do what I want at the same time. its a win win for both of us.

3rd wave feminism is cancer and stands for nothing more than personal gain

Because conservatism is better.

You keep indicating your position is that there's nothing wrong with conforming to gender roles. I, a feminist, agree wholeheartedly. Do you think there's anything wrong with NOT conforming to gender roles? (PS.: I don't.)

>I think women should free to pursue whatever she wants for her life
They absolutely can, this is America
>should be paid equally
definitely, it's been the law for over 50 years in America, there is not one American woman in this country who works for less than minimum wage.
These ideas need to be squashed and forgotten, they do not apply anymore, women have been equal to men in all ways for half a century.

Not the user you responded to, but the existence of minimum wage isn't an argument against the wage gap. Two different things.

because

>I think women should free to pursue whatever she wants for her life, should be paid equally etc., because we are equal to men
then you're a feminist. just because you feel like conforming to a gender role doesn't negate that. and not all feminists are insistent on eliminating gender roles.

also being a good spouse and a good parent is not a gender role, it's just called being a grownup.

Same goes for Islam.

Oh you know what I meant. I worded it poorly and know what you mean.
The wage gap doesn't exist. Single females make more than single males at the same job, even. They get preference for hire in the comfortable, sit down, do nothing jobs. They will hire a female over an equally or more qualified potential male employee.
They have so much privilege that they can't see, it's disturbing. The point is, there is no job in this country where women are paid less for doing equal work. It's illegal and they would make fat stacks of cash by suing if it were true.

>it's just called being a grownup.
Some people don't want to have a spouse and/or children, though, and if they're good people in the sense of whatever kinds of people they are, I'd say they're still adults.

yeah but why do all the guys have their legs open and the girls have theirs closed?

To give some credence to the perspective represented in the bottom half of the picture, so that its absurdity is defended from criticism as a strawman.

Because I'm a male that believes in EQUALITY, not female superiority!!!

And no special treatment outside personal relationships. Any woman gets common curtesy and politeness. You're not a princess, queen, the center of the universe or God. You're a human that bleeds the same blood as any male.

Get off your high horse and divert that energy to something useful!!

IE: New inventions, laws that ACTUALLY make sense, safer & cheaper birth controls, etc . . .

Change the world for EVERYONE!!!

Because women legitimately deserve to be second class citizens.

honestly, i don't really care what other people choose to do with their lives. id never want to take that right to be free and happy away from somebody else and i don't judge them for their personal decisions.

>shopping at 3 AM at wal mart
>have several items
>spot chick walking towards only open checkout lane
>push my cart faster to get there first
>asks if she can go ahead of me, she only has one thing
>'no thanks'
if it was a man, I'd have let him. I'm done giving common courtesy to women. I want them to feel so wronged and betrayed that I am the reason they go onto their tumblrs and write about how men are bullshit.

i don't dispute that what so ever....i felt the need to address it because its part of the usual feminist rhetoric.

Lol

>then you're a feminist.
stop labeling others you fucking nigger

There's a science to this actually. Natural selection as applied to memetics. Reasonable people say their piece, and people listen and acknowledge, but they do not retweet, reblog or share.

Unreasonable people get a more powerful emotional response- rage being the most motivating of all emotional responses. Motivated people share and tweet and blog.

Things which get shared reach a larger audience AND live longer in public discourse. Things which aren't shared are eventually forgotten. They die out.

Natural selection. First in biology. Second in the market. Third in the media.

In the grim darkness of the present day, there is only rage. Anything not rage is outcompeted by rage. That's why American politics are a hate fuck. Nothing positive is said. The winner is the candidate who enrages more people at their opponent.

because males have different hips

maybe i didn't word my position correctly....i don't believe in female superiority. but i do, however, believe that women are just as intelligent and capable of most of the things men are. obviously i am not physically strong enough to work in the coal mine like my husband...and I'm not saying all women aren't strong enough....but fuck, he cant seem to keep the house and everything together like i can. ha

Have you ever considered that feminism is no longer about women, it's now about femininity more generally? Also it's no longer about law, it's now about culture.

Second wave feminism won women full equality under law. Since then, the movement has fractured. There are two third waves of feminism: those that fight for female supremacy, and those that fight for women's equality in culture (and also equality for all other people who don't hold achieving peak masculinity as a value).

I am a third wave feminist of the second kind. I call for fair social treatment, and fair representation in mainstream media, of women of all sorts, LGBTQ folk, physically unfit men, and effeminate men. I also call for third wave feminists of the first kind to shut up and come over here instead. They're making us look bad.

>women's equality in culture
a useless fight, the government can't regulate how people fucking act unless you support bigger government to make sure nobodies feelings get hurt. The government isn't your god damn parent, grow some thicker skin, deal with the cards you were dealt. I'm short, I deal with it. I don't have a whole shortism movement that wants to pressure laws into place to treat me equally when I'm not equal.

Who said anything about government? We're not fighting this fight through the government. We're fighting it with words, friendships, and art.

i know a lot of people who are terrible parents and spouses...but technically, they are grown ups. grown up pieces of shit. and i definitely don't consider myself a feminist. maybe gender equality...but the first thing that comes to my mind when i think of feminists...is pussy hat wearing, bra burning, fuck having a family, we never will need men bullshit. i think most people in my neck of the woods feel the same. i also feel like that's the image "feminists" have projected to everyone else. i have no need for that.

beautiful

feminism hasn't been about equality for decades.

thank you. that's a true statement. that's why i stay the fuck away from it and will never label myself with it. its a bunch of nonsense now a days.

women in the west have been free to pursue whatever they want for many years now, as well as having equal pay. but men and women are not equal physically or neurochemically...

To elaborate on what I said here: This is us dealing with it. And we're dealing with it by fucking changing it. Not through the law, but by our own hand. Sorry you're too short-sighted to do the same for your shortness -- or are you? Do it! Come with us and show the world you can be short and still be a man and/or whatever else you label yourself as.

Dealing with your lot in life doesn't mean you have to put up with it. Not if you have the means to do otherwise. And we want to show you that you do.

I consider myself a Mary Wollestonecroft feminist. That women are just as capable as men of *being men*. But that almost everything associated with femininity is cancer.

More accurately, femininity- as we inherited from western Europe, in particular the Victorian era- is essentially infantilism. Victorian England kept their women sickly, frail, and doll like. Ineptitude was high status. The same can be seen in Ching dynasty China- with footbinding and a culture that literally kept women in the bedroom their entire lives. The more infantile you were, the higher status. More accurately, it turns women- like children- into possessions with no agency, so they are incapable of leaving their husband, no matter how selfish, abusive, or inept he might be- so long as he can afford the structures imposed by high society.

That is the heritage of femininity. Infantilism. Crying at the drop of a hat. Weakness of character and fortitude. First and second wave feminism were right to seek equality for women, but by bringing women up to a higher standard- both in rights and responsibility.

This cultural wave of feminism is trying to equate infantilism as a justifiable lifestyle, with equal merit and virtue to traditional integrity. It is a post-modernist attempt at honor, and it is every bit as revolting as post-modern art.

Nobody- male, female, queer, or helicopter- should be enabled and encouraged to infantilist behavior. It will weaken society as a whole, because it is objectively not of the same merit as classical virtue.

Mill's Utility monster was once an absurd hypothetical. Now it is a commonplace reality. Sensitize your preferences enough, and cry loud enough, and you shall be given precedence and reward. That is why I reject your third wave.

kek what a pussy

because life is a race
and feminism is to life
what sabotaging the competition is to winning.

its about law more than ever

you can't be something you're not.

Because feminism is: "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes" and not "the advocacy of men's rights and women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes". I don't believe in the patriarchy. I believe men are oppressed, too, alongside women. Feminism isn't just equality. It's an ideology.

I disagree. The notion of femininity you describe may be traditional, but it seems to me to no longer be universally applicable. I value independence. There are masculine and feminine ways of not being independent, and likewise of being independent. Infantilism is not a necessary condition of femininity, nor its defining feature, nor do I call for a positive representation of it.

Not in the case of third wave feminism of the second kind, as I described. You must be thinking of the first kind.

We are nothing more than the sum of our actions. We are who we choose to be- the choices we make. If you choose to behave in a childish manner, then you are childish- regardless of your chronological age.

For a movement that defines gender as something you choose- as a set of stereotypical behaviors you most identify with- it is a very strange defense to say you are stuck with some objective immutable personage.

no i'm not, you should read about the shit that goes on in canada.

Does your mug say male tears? If it does, you're drinking semen

>We are who we choose to be
patently false. external (generally socioeconomic) factors make or (more often) break people. gender is not a choice, no matter how much you want to say it is or how many definitions you want to change to support your contentions.

Oh. Well, I wouldn't know about that. Sounds like a bad time for all involved. But I personally, a third wave feminist of the second kind, demand CULTURAL equality for non-masculine people, and use CULTURAL means to demand it, and the government doesn't enter into it.

Because I choose to reproduce.

I disagree, but admire your honesty

because i believe in equality

bullshit the government doesnt enter into it. for example the nyc legislation introducing fines for misgendering, the list goes on...no one is in any position to demand anything of anyone else other than they don't infringe upon the rights of others. imposing your world view with your demands is not a right. having your feelings protected by means of changing culture is not a right.

You can disagree about your perceived intent, but it is a matter of fact as to whether certain behaviors are 1) constructive and independent and 2) associated with childhood, immaturity, and childishness.

Do you believe that tumblerinas are the height of emotional maturity? Whether you do or not- it is a fact that society at large views them as childish. At best, it is a phase for teenagers. At worst, they are female "man-children" who have arrested development as lifelong NEETs.

And while that societal perception can change, I argue it should not, for i also assert it is at least a matter of fact or falsehood as to whether their behavior is constructive, coherent, rational, and useful for a society (which I obviously evaluate in the negative). It is not uncommon to hear attacks on coherent rational thought itself as a virtue of classical patriarchy. Perhaps you are less malign, and think femininity is only a valid alternative- equally useful as a sort of societal balance, and that absolutely no chaos will arise from there being no cohesion in norms or standards of conduct.

Or, perhaps you think I'm strawmanning. I'd be inclined to say so myself because the previous examples are so seemingly absurd to me, except i have met several- *in person*- who adhere to precisely this line of thought and rejection of classical virtue. But perhaps you think instead that rational coherent thought is not mutually exclusive with "femininity".

In this case, we must more carefully define our disagreement. I agree that rationality shouldn't be considered a male trait, as it implies women have a free pass to neglect this virtue. I also agree there shouldn't be an assumption of infantilism placed upon women, as the expectation enables precisely such behavior in lazier, weaker women.

What then, do you consider femininity? Or rather, why is this even something we should classify as the domain of women, to the exclusion of those who ID as masculine?

This actually makes sense, and is depressing

>I'm not a retard.
>I don't need attention.
/thread

>bullshit the government doesnt enter into it. for example the nyc legislation introducing fines for misgendering, the list goes on...
I didn't make those laws. I don't stand for them. I stand for what they stand for, but I feel they're taking a misguided approach. We need to change culture, not laws.
>no one is in any position to demand anything of anyone else other than they don't infringe upon the rights of others.
I can demand whatever I want if I personally intend to see to it, BY MY OWN HAND and WITHOUT infringing upon the rights of others, that my demands are met.
>imposing your world view with your demands is not a right. having your feelings protected by means of changing culture is not a right.
Changing culture is always a right, if you do it the right way. I WILL impose my views upon our culture, not with any undue force, but simply just as all of its participants do all the time. Culture isn't a stone slab, it's a living being, and its constituent cells do influence it. "Imposing your worldview" by this particular means is called a social movement, and that's exactly what we are. Is it my right to create art? To speak? To peaceably assemble? Then my right to "impose my worldview" is guaranteed simply by inference from these facts.

Clarification: when you say gender is not a choice, are you saying this as a leftist who thinks you're born with a gendered brain? Or as an alt-rightist who believes biological sex determines gender?

Socioeconomic factors may determine your fate, but not your identity. When I ask who you are, you don't answer "poor", nor is that the sort of answer which would address my question. We know the measure of a man not by what circumstances he is born into, but by how he behaves in those circumstances. He may have little power over his fate, but you will know him by his actions all the same.

rational human being here

Feminism has become a purity test that nobody can pass.

It's an example of the 'No True Scotsman' philosophical flaw. Person A: "No feminist would marry a man." Person B: "My aunt is a feminist and she's married." Person A: "Ah, no TRUE feminist would marry a man."

You get it in everything from politics to video game fandom. Nobody can be pure enough to pass the standards set by the group. Everyone becomes wrong. Nobody can be right. We get locked in a perpetual cycle chasing something that's dangling eternally out of reach.

>You can disagree about your perceived intent, but it is a matter of fact as to whether certain behaviors are 1) constructive and independent and 2) associated with childhood, immaturity, and childishness.
Sure. But that doesn't make them gendered.
>Do you believe that tumblerinas are the height of emotional maturity? Whether you do or not- it is a fact that society at large views them as childish. At best, it is a phase for teenagers. At worst, they are female "man-children" who have arrested development as lifelong NEETs.
No, I do not. However:
1) I agree with them on many issues. That doesn't mean I think they're mature people.
2) Although I agree with "society at large" in this particular case, if I agreed with them in general then I would not be a part of a social movement.
>And while that societal perception can change, I argue it should not, for i also assert it is at least a matter of fact or falsehood as to whether their behavior is constructive, coherent, rational, and useful for a society (which I obviously evaluate in the negative).
Sure. I agree.
>It is not uncommon to hear attacks on coherent rational thought itself as a virtue of classical patriarchy.
I'm not informed enough to attest or contest.
>Perhaps you are less malign, and think femininity is only a valid alternative- equally useful as a sort of societal balance, and that absolutely no chaos will arise from there being no cohesion in norms or standards of conduct.
I can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to suggest here.
>Or, perhaps you think I'm strawmanning. I'd be inclined to say so myself because the previous examples are so seemingly absurd to me, except i have met several- *in person*- who adhere to precisely this line of thought and rejection of classical virtue.
I didn't think you were strawmanning, so okay. That's pretty gross regardless. Sorry to hear that.
(cont)

Feminism does not equal gender equality. Feminism is only interested in the betterment of the female gender. You weep and cry for women's rights and you weep and cry about rape and all these sex crimes and how they all only happen to women. Where's the voice for men? There isn't one.

first of all, you stated: "the government doesn't enter into it..." a counter example was provided which you fail to directly refute, instead saying you 'didn't make the laws and you don't stand for them, but you stand for them...

yes you can demand whatever you want, but that doesn't mean you can impose those demands, and also, every one else is totally free to ignore those demands.

you are in no position to dictate how others think of each other socially, especially when it comes to compelled speech with regards to pronouns. if you are offended by someone, that is your problem, as an adult its up to you to control your emotions. you have the right to ignore offensive materials/people.

your right to impose your worldview and/or change culture ends where the rights of others begin. why is this so hard for people to understand?

you are delusional. careful, your privilege is showing.

Feminism today is just socialist propaganda in disguise

I don't concider myself better than other people and doesn't use my sex to gain benefits.

/Thread

> I WILL impose my views upon our culture, not with any undue force... by this particular means is called a social movement, and that's exactly what we are.

you can play the moral high ground all you want, but your 'social movement' ends with fascism and violence. when such groups achieve their goals, they no longer have a reason to exist, but the leaders don't want to lose their position of power, so they come up with new 'goals' and if anyone in the movement is not with those goals, they are eliminated. rinse and repeat and you have totalitarianism. this has happened repeatedly already.

>Sure. But that doesn't make them gendered.
In this I think we agree? I don't think any behavior should be gendered. However I think it is a misfortune of history that most good traits are considered "masculine" and most bad traits are considered "feminine" primarily because historically we treated women like shit and endeavored to keep them shitty so as to justify their poor treatment.

I think history did a great injustice there. However I think its madness to elevate the traits historically assigned to women as valid or equal to the traits historically assigned to men. Because the traits themselves are (I assert) objectively shitty.

It is my observation this seems to be the agenda of third wave feminism. I understand it may not be your agenda specifically, and that your choice to identify with the movement may be derived from some different intent. However the movement is incoherent and disorganized with poor signaling and mixed messages. I think the net vector is trending towards the argument I have described and object to: The demand that classically feminine traits be treated with the same respect as classically masculine traits.

So to clarify my position with a real life example. I will expect my daughters to behave as my mother does- which in almost every respect could be described as masculine, though my mother is wholly female and has no gender dysphoria. If they wear impractical clothes or spend excessive time on their appearance, I will chastise them for their vanity. However, if they made no effort at all in their appearance- to the exclusion of hygiene- that too would be imprudent and I would chastise them for being basement dwelling trolls. More significantly, I intend to have little patience for insecurity and will not handle them with kiddy gloves or humor them. They will be treated harshly, as men are, for being whiny little bitches who need to man the fuck up. So to speak.

cont.