youtube.com/watch?v=_SeqO0XyeG4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOC3wR5KnjI&t=1244s
youtube.com/watch?v=cWnw2cCgDxU
youtube.com/watch?v=XsGgmwAzEy0
youtube.com/watch?v=_qG5ebfls0o
youtube.com/watch?v=OWvkNkTf_pw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

been getting into OSDM recently

Sorry sir, but I must correct you, Cannibal Corpse is grindcore.

are you sure about that

The hell it isn't you can just google cannibal corpse genre, plus everyone just knows it as death metal

Been really into Full of Hell lately. And magrudergrind. A little grindier but sick nonetheless. Love me some obituary.

Its slam metal you gimp

Sure. I listen to almost everything. I prefer some Slayer though.

true death metal

Only death metal band I listen to is sotajumala and some melo death bands like CoB and amon amarth.

I like industrial and black metal more because almost all death metal I have tried to listen got some ridiculous words sung with a straight face.

i wish it was socially acceptable to paint my face up like that. not that i ever go anywhere

the waves of blood are rushing near, pounding at the wall of lies
turning off my sanity, reaching back into my mind
my unmoving body from the grave showing the new reality
what i am, what i want. I'm only after death

Yes, and lots of it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yA_PtxuMAAc

Why yes sir. More into deathgrind if I'm honest but can't say no death metal.

IWT=I wrote this

What could be good death metal bands bands for me?

No because jet fuel cannot melt steel

try deathgrind. violence with actually interesting lyrics, not just gore obsessed bullshit

Is there any bands you would recommend?

Used to like Marilyn Manson when i was younger but I grew out of it

youtube.com/watch?v=_SeqO0XyeG4
Best song ever

KEK bait

You're all correct. I prefer the term "Classic American Death Metal" to keep everyone happy.

I've been on a pretty big Carnifex kick lately

I don't know if they count but pig destroyer and napalm death are pretty rad

Not TECHNICALLY death metal, but try In Flames, Carnifex, The Acacia Strain, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel...Hypocrisy is fun too

You cant go wrong with Metalica

are you sure

This looks like troll.

Fuck yes OP

A great prog death band is opeth or gojira but straight death metal i recommend deicide

Yep.

Been bumping alot of Immolation and Carcass too.

Suffocation is my favorite, they also live very close to me too. Met Terrance Hobbs at a show he had in his backyard last summer.

Sound like my buddy Ryan, are you my buddy Ryan?

Fuck off europeans
America invented heavy metal

Anyone here that listens to extermination dismemberment?

You do realize that those are both extremely popular metal bands that are known by thousands of people?

No.
Fennoscandia invented black metal.

used to listen to metal back in middle and HS (not cannibal corpse and the likes tho cuz sounds like white noise and shit)

I grew out of metal tho but i seldom listen to the ones i was into in HS. Now I listen to MitiS and Rameses B

Lately I've softened up a little bit. Pic related is favorite at the moment. Oh and the harvest floor by cattle decap. That isn't Death Metal though.

not death metal but still metal
good album so far

That Pissgrave album is great.
You into Revenge, Archgoat, Blood Incantation, and that kinda stuff?

Go home

yea i love brand new

This is my favorite Metallica album. Its so fucking raw and ugly. Angry as all fucking hell. Drums sound dirty as fuck and that's a good thing. FUCK YOU if you call yourself a Metallica fan and don't get this album. They were going through some heavy shit when they recorded this beast of an album. If you don't get it then you are not a die hard music fan. OPEN YOUR MIND

>I grew out of metal tho

You know I'll never understood that shit. I stopped listening to rap for the most part for 3 years and not once have I even thought I outgrew it. My needs just evolved and rap wasn't giving me that same sense of fulfillment but whatever.

pic unrelated

two pretty good songs by MitiS and Rameses B

Death/black/grind IS KING!

That's black metal.

I understand that the chances of him being that person are pretty goddamn slim, but God forbid I ask a fucking harmless question on a goddamn meaningless thread.

It's widely regarded as their worst album, it sounds raw I'll give you that. Given the fact that Lars is an awful drummer I don't know that a raw sound on drums is what they should have gone for. I consider myself quite the music lover, I require the music be enjoyable to listen to though. To each their own I guess

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOC3wR5KnjI&t=1244s

Nobody can beat TBDM

It does make sense. I have different tastes compared to my younger self. Maybe "grew out" sounds like metal is immature but to me I did grew out of it because I was edgy af but now I'm not, hence the growing out

I like
>good old Decapitated,
>the mighty Fleshgod Apocalypse,
>the rather unknown Apophys,
>the classic Obscura
and even though they are not pure death metal but more like a death metal/deathcore/progmetal mix I would really like to recomment
>Despite Exile
for their superb songwriting and their metaphysical lyrics.

I mostly listen to "untrve" metal tho.

Making yourself sound more edgy there buddy.

yea when I was 12

eh, probably. But my opinion still stands. The metal scene never appealed to me because the majority of the crowds are neanderthals. Same thing goes for mainstream music

No, I like women

No because I'm not 13 anymore

No, I'm not in the 12th grade

good job. death metal is for edgy folks

Well coming from a different perspective I mostly listened to rap until I was 20 and then I listened to Reign In Blood and was so captivated by the riffs that Metal in general became somewhat of a fervor afterward. So for me all I care about is the music. Someone like you probably think there is some relationship between your temperament, other people's opinions and the actual music but my nigga the disconnect between the 3 is immense. I don't give a fuck about none of that shit; I just like good music. But that's just me

i respect that, sounds logical to me and it sounds like its working out for you. I personally can't enjoy it as I did in my youth anymore cuz i don't see it as "good music" anymore. What is good music to me is Rameses B and MitiS.

More deathcore and slam metal but yea

I've been on a Mortician kick lately. I'm a huge fan of BrujerĂ­a and Pig Destroyer.

I remember phase when I was listening to death metal and black metal but I grew out of it, back then I listened that music because it was edgy but I didn't like it.

First singer I listened was Tapio Rautavaara (cuplé, schlager, folk, country) when I was under 10 year old but he had some dark themed songs and from there I went to Kotiteollisuus (heavy metal with themes like depression, anti-religion and life, and death and war etc.), fter that came Rammstein and all around industrial phase and now I listen all kind of industrial, folk metal, black metal and I have always had some kind of interest in black metal, blues, jazz and folk and synthwave.

Damn even though I didn't have listened blues for years I found myself listening to it when I was drunk for first time.

Yeah I listened to "bleach" and "rape me " from nirvana once.

it sounds like for most people, metal is either a phase or a way of life. Thankfully it was a phase for me

You faggots better give examples of real death metal and not some undergroundish artsy trash pieces of shit. This is how you make death metal

sry user but whats up with the edgy album artwork and this genre of music?

Patiently awaiting Jungle Rot's new album

>I personally can't enjoy it as I did in my youth anymore cuz i don't see it as "good music" anymore

See that's different. If you don't like the music anymore that's fine even though I would vehemently disagree but fuck that "I outgrew it" bullshit.

To be honest I can't even wrap my mind around that. Not even in social situations have I put something for anything other than my own pleasure.

yor better start listening to the BEST album of this year

youtube.com/watch?v=cWnw2cCgDxU

If we're talking about metalheads sure but not everyone is a metalhead. Just like with any genre some people listen to it in varying degrees but whatever. I listen to Depeche Mode and Gorillaz too so by that logic should that become a way of life or am I looking at this wrong?

..? What's your point

Yes, when I was 14.

I have a few questions for people that listen to death metal:

1. For me, most of the songs sound the same. Could you provide songs that show death metal is more than just screaming violently?
2. I understand that most genres have their own cd cover 'style'. But death metal looks extremely cringy, especially the font for the bandname. Why?
3. How old were you when you started listening to this genre / now?

Cannibal Corpse is fucking great Imo,

oh, and add your profession to 3.

Currently enjoying some SepticFlesh and Artificial Brain.

youtube.com/watch?v=XsGgmwAzEy0

>3. How old were you when you started listening to this genre / now?

the following answers for brutal death metal
1 endless cemetery by cryptopsy
2 why what?
3. 13/28

>i recommend deicide
+1. Once Upon The Cross is solid as fuck.

Legion is a lot better imo

The main riff in "In Hell I Burn" is fucking sick man.

Absolutely but hating on death metal at all but, what is it about death metal that you like? Because my friend says it's shit because you can't tell what they're saying.

Listen to this one
youtube.com/watch?v=_qG5ebfls0o

It's not cringe just treat it as serious music. I found out about cannibal corpse at like 14

which album of theirs is best to listen to first

Every now and again I'll listen to some (Cannibal Corpse, Hatebreed, Death, Slayer, Pig Destroyer, Decapitated etc), then switch to something else for a while, then switch back.

That's a really hard question either the first one or terryfier. Phantom limb is the best, however

IWT

Even though I came to this thread because I wanted to find new music to listen I ended up listening finnish schlager and tapio rautavaara, it must be ethanol.

try this out

youtube.com/watch?v=OWvkNkTf_pw

Nobody cares what they're saying. People like the rhythm, distortion and the technicality of the instrument playing

We all need a little Slayer in our lives.

Small doses of Morbid Angel, Sodom, Deicide, Kreator, Autopsy, Immolation and Pestilence aren't bad either

my options on Amazon music are
>prowler in the yard
>38 counts of battery
>phantom Limb
>Natasha

Mostly riffs and certain bands soloing ability

I really like phantom limb it has many of my favorite songs

FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK