How to make a room in my house a different temperature (65-70 degrees Fahrenheit) without the use of AC during the...

How to make a room in my house a different temperature (65-70 degrees Fahrenheit) without the use of AC during the summer. Trying to not kill my pet and it can't stand the heat (AC busted)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nsEQEPUJP8M
youtube.com/watch?v=ITtlxjvLQis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also is there a specific thread that I should post this under to get better answers. Idk

Search for passive cooler using ice or something

a/c is only option that is worth a damn.. swamp coolers get you around low 70 but suck ass. OP is the best option but most expensive when done properly and lowest noise. Portable units are next choice with the ghetto outdoor window mounts as last resort.

Stop being a nigger and get your central unit fixed.

youtube.com/watch?v=nsEQEPUJP8M

Also this.

>65 degrees
for what?

try /diy/

I run portable a/c at 65 for my room with all my gaming/media hardware. Not constantly but you need that ability to get a nice cool room. Mine is on right now.

Queen ants (eventually a colony). The species I own likes the temperatures I said before and the colony won't survive at 80+

What's the name of it

Name

Also sorry I always forget to click the persons number when replying

It's just an idea:
weave a string through a cloth large enough to cover your fan
wet that cloth thouroughly, but not so much that it drips
place cloth over fan and turn on
place string in large, mostly closed container of water
place apparatus near pet

had this same problem, poor fag in HAF AZ USA, but turned my bedroom into a coolzone using following method:

go buy some foam core reflective insulation, it's cheap. Use that on all windows (reflective side facing out user)

buy cheap cooler, cheap fan, 4inch PVC elbow

create cooler AC, here's vid

youtube.com/watch?v=ITtlxjvLQis

works freaky great

You need to set the temperature haier...

Fix busted ac.

Not gonna work cuz reasons

Thanks

Install external shutters or an awning. Also, growing vines helps. Do both and you'll have amazing energy savings.

If I didn't live in an apartment I'd go with external shutters, vines, and trees if there was room for it.

Vines and trees? What would they do?

Dry ice. Lasts about 5 hours and can cool a room with a fan.

What is your area's humidity levels? I'm in the HVAC industry btw

get a 10 gallon bucket from home depot take the lid and cut a hole in it to the size of a 120 MM pc fan cut a hole in the side close to the top to the same size roughly put a 120mm computer fan on the top hole facing down and screw in place. fill bucket with ice and run fan when room get's cold

Also in ac service. What's broken on your ac?

Ever heard of shade trees?

Thanks everyone for the help but I think I know what to do now thanks to you guys. Also the AC was never broken it's just there were reasons that I couldn't use it all the time. Sorry

Nah

10 gallon bucket? No such thing

The home no longer receives direct sunlight. Because the leaves from vines and trees are blocking it. At least wherever there are leaves.

So instead of direct sunlight heating up your walls, it's only ambient temperature. Which is why shutters on the outside of your windows are more effective than inside. Once the light is directly touching the air inside of your home, it heats up the air and it spreads. But if the shutters are outside, direct sunlight is blocked and absorbed by the shutters, which are outside and beyond the insulation. Same concept with leaves. You are shading your house from the outside.

Think of it like melting chocolate. You can put chocolate in a pot on the stove, but it will burn quickly. But if you out a pot of boiling water and put a pot of chocolate within it the heat is no longer as direct so the chocolate melts without burning even though the flame source is the same temperature. The vines act as the main pot, the air between the leaves and the home are the water, and the house is the inner pot.

Just think about the physics of it and it makes sense.

Your house could still get hot, but at a slower rate and there wouldn't be a concentrated area of heat entering your house directly. So if you do this plus AC, your electric bill would be cheaper.