Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9ihKq34Ozc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Still lose my shit at that
I love how it keeps getting sillier and sillier
Brilliant comedy

Name a better movie ending

You can, but this is up there

Shit taste. This is nothing compared to Stripes when it ends with a montage of nukes going off set to We'll Meet Again.

But that's the ending of Dr Strangelove

They stole it from Stripes. This is common knowledge

I don't get it though. What's the moment supposed to symbolize?

It's funny

Hint: nobody will meet again

I haven't seen Stripes

>Still lose my shit at that
Why?

This is first movie I can think of with a post credit scene

I can't tell if you're joking but there's a serious Mandela effect with this scene where lots of people insist they've seen it when nobody knows if it even exists anymore

I just watched it and there was no post credits scene

Not him, but it's the final mental breaking point for everyone in the film before they're all obliterated by nukes.

Everything, from the way he slowly gets up, how that scene has nothing to do with anything else anymore, how he looks up and in his excitement he forgets that he's not a nazi anymore, how silly the whole thing is.

Huh, I never found it to be funny at all.

There are several explanations, but my preferred one is this - Strangelove had just proposed that the fittest members of society (that naturally included everyone he was speaking to) be enclosed in what amounted to underground Vaults with female harems l to reproduce with for the next hundred years.

And since nearly everyone in the film behaves selfishly with no regard for innocent lives, not only is this instantly approved of by the president and generals in attendance, but his first act after this is to prove himself physically fit so he can get in, to.

This, it's the way everything just gets so far away from the nuclear annihilation by that point and how they die before the joke even completely registers

If that's supposed to be the joke it completely fails to register, just look at these two answers, .

>you will never see the pie ending

>tfw no creampie ending

I find humor in the misfortune of the situation. A literal miracle happened before our eyes and before we have time to realize what the hell just happened everything blows up.

strange, I never even considered there could be a different understanding of this scene. They are horny men, excited at the prospect of breeding with sixteen year old blondes. That perspective very much justifies nuclear armageddon for them. It is satire.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9ihKq34Ozc

The look on the General's face in the beginning makes me lose my shit every time

For the longest time I didn't realize he starts beating off in front of everyone.

Was he pretending to be cured so they would let him in? If that's so how did he manage to start walking?

George C scott is so awesome in this

I think this is probably one of the greatest uses of music of all time.

We'll meet again being a darkly comic recontextualization of war song about GIs returning to their sweethears into something where I view it as the war itself speaking to the american public. Saying We (the american public and war) will meet again.

Fucking brilliant use of music.

I disagree with this reading. He doesn't need to prove his physical fitness. He's a member of the political and scientific elite.

The whole thing with his arm is that it reacts whenever the Nazi part of him is excited. As he begins to talk about selective breeding and creating a pure race of people beneath ground his hand does the Nazi salute. It is this excitement that brings him to walk as it becomes clear that everything he and the nazi party wanted will come true.

I thought him walking represented an erection while the actual nukes is an orgasm

Best Kubrick movie t b h

WWWWWWWWWE'LLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEET AGAAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNN

BUT THE BIG BOARD!