Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf? Also, general vampire/werewolf thread

Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf? Also, general vampire/werewolf thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4
youtube.com/watch?v=pzlgn1QuKzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What rules are you going by?

Werewolf easily. You get to be normal most of the time and can hang out and go to clubs and listen to the hip-hop and make love to bitches. Anyone who chooses vampire is kind of a creep.

fuck yourself general faggot

Vampire

Werewolves just lose it on the full moon, so you never get to have any fun.

I feel like werewolf have it the best on average, but vampire probably peeks higher. There's something transcendent about vampires, like your can reach a higher plane of existence, while werewolf is the opposite, a return towards something more beastly.

Majority of movies always portray vampires being high class and sophisticated while werewolves just lose their shit when they transform.

Werewolf if I can control wolf urges.

Vampire otherwise.

Definitely. I just rewatched Vampire hunter D so Im a bit biased towards vampire right now.

Does this movie still hold up?

I understand the appeal of choosing to be a vampire because of that but there's still something about just letting your instincts override you and just roam around like the werewolves....

i've always preferred werewolves over vampires.

going by most of the lore, even the shit that contradicts other lore, vampires are soulless abominations that have no feelings, they're hollow beings, basically leeches.

werewolves are an exact opposite of that, primal creatures that operate on instinct and emotion. they rage and lust and gorge themselves.

if i had to choose i'd prefer to feel ecstasy over nothing.

I also need to know these rules. There are many iterations. Pls post rules OP.

You can by any you like, if it's popular enough, but if we are going to go by just one, we can go by the classic ones, just use your common sense.

to this day i think ginger snaps portrayed werewolves the best.

Does becoming a werewolf always is so painful or is it just the first times

I like the World of Darkness power arc, werewolves start high and have a linear progression while vampires start at second-to-last and have a quadratic progression that takes them to potentially the most powerful.

Movies always portray it to be painful. Just look how the skin tears, nails and teeth grow out and the bones grow large to support the transformation.

Werewolf. While I understand there are many iterations of both monsters, as points out, vampires are permanently in the state they are. They must always feed, always hide in the shadows. Yes it may be controllable, while on a full moon as a werewolf you lose yourself, but you at least can live as a human some/most of the time if you choose to be a werewolf.

I also imagine if you were to become a vampire, you would naturally start to view humans as inferior/livestock. As a werewolf you would religiously watch the lunar cycle, making sure you are no where near loved ones

>implying there's even a question

Werewolves are just dumb dogs who can't even control their powers. Vampires are beautiful, powerful, and alluring. Twilight is shit, but the main premise is right. Women will always go for the vampire.

Most media, where it is not magic that transforms the human, shows it to be painful. In some cases the werewolf has no memories of the transformation/pain

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4

Maybe on a full moon

>werewolves can't control themselves

What makes you think vampires can? Even in vampire hunter D, the vampire in it has to go to great lengths to hold himself back from biting his human lover

Nahh Van Helsing had GOAT werewolves.

Definitely vampire. The powerful vampires in, say, the Anne Rice mythology, are basically gods. LeStat can even go in the sunlight and outerspace because he is so powerful.

Most vampires aren't fanfic tier like ann rice though.

>What makes you think vampires can?

Because they can in most movies. Sure, they have to feed, but so do humans.

And I mostly sleep during the day anyway.

Werewolves obviously, vampires are fucking gay.

That's the problem with vampires and werewolves

There are so many iterations of them, ranging from being cursed and lonely individuals to having super powers

Any vampire in literature/genre fiction is fanfic tier. Only the mythical vampires are canon.

Vampire, promptly turn Sersha into my bride, and travel the Earth for eternity in the lap of luxury.

OP said any mythology. She ain't fanfic tier either. Shit like Twilight is fanfic.

You do realize all vampires are fictional characters made up by human minds, right?

I am OP and I said use common sense so no Anne Rice shit and no 2 generation VtM shit either.

>You do realize all vampires are fictional characters made up by human minds, right?

Yes, but the mythical ones were made by the collective consciousness of entire cultures over centuries, while fiction vampires are just the creation of writers who want to write stories about cool supernatural creatures and use mythical vampires as a foundation, adding shit like "sparkling in the sun xD" arbitrarily.

She has been writing in the vampire genre since the '70s, faggot, and has been deemed literature by many experts. I choose Anne Rice vampire, faggot. Deal with it.

>I am OP and I said use common sense

No, you didn't.

Whether you write it down on a piece of paper or pass it down word of mouth, it's all fictional made-up shit. Give me a fucking break.

I'm assuming you mean Underworld lore because of your picture.

I prefer werewolves. Your human form is greatly enhanced to the point of being biologically immortal. You can transform whenever you wish and control yourself in werewolf form. Your only weakness is silver.

Underworld vampires get the shit end of the stick. Needing human blood to survive and being allergic to sunlight are both huge disadvantages, and are frankly not worth the biological immortality, super strength, and pretty eyes.

Tumble/Hot Topic/ whatever goth team book club you are a member of aren't qualified to say what is or isn't literature
Yeah I did

Vampire:
>+will live forever unless physically destroyed
>+will gain superhuman properties as long as you feed - faster regeneration, being much stronger, faster, agile and perceptive than a human being
>+can seduce humans to feed on or use as pawns
>-you will need to feed or you'll start feeling weak and delirious
>-sunlight will destroy you almost instantly, being exposed to it for more than a fraction of a second will surely result in death
>-overall weakness to the traditional things - garlic, silver, can't treat on holy ground
>-can't enter homes unless invited by the host
>-sex drive will eventually disappear, as will most human sensations, eating food will no longer be enjoyable or serve any purpose, the only satisfaction comes from blood
>-may or may not be ancient vampire hunting cults backed by a more competent catholic church

Werewolf
>+superhuman strength, speed etc just like the vampire, even in your human form, and you don't need to feed to sustain your strength
>+-you will develop a more feral appearance - you'll still look human, but you'll become bulkier, hairier and develop some animalistic traits, e.g being very violent and confrontational, preference for raw, bloody meat in your diet and so on
>+will remain in your physical prime longer, you'll be just as vigorous in your 50s as you were in your 20s
>-not immortal
>-regardless of exposure to it you WILL transform every full moon and it will be the most painful experience you can't possible fathom. no amount of torture can or will ever compare to the pain you feel during your transformation
>-as a werewolf you retain very little intellect and will attack friend and foe alike
>+you turn into a real fucking juggernaut in your full werewolf form, capable of toeing off against older vampires in direct combat
>+-you will regenerate very fast and if left alone to heal you'll be able to endure almost all injuries, but you will die relatively easy from the right thing, like a silver bullet or bolt

What exactly is the advantages of being a werewolf besides eating people on full moons?

Aren't they just regular people on other days or do they have that strength, stamina and beastly allure as humans. I only remember like one movie, the guy uses his super hearing as a human and that's it.

Mmmmkay, Underworld faggot. The collective writing and literature community is wrong and you, with your dreams of being a shitty movie character, are right. KEK

Vampire but the cool kind not the dicksucking kind.

Some lore states as a human you'll have slightly better reaction time, strength, agility, senses

This is objectively the best choice.

I want to discuss this topic seriously but there are some real fucking attention whores ITT making it difficult.

Keep on licking anne rice clit fuccboi. I bet you cut yourself at night and listen to My chemical romance and bullet for my valentine bitch nigger.

Best Werewolf Movies:
Late Phases
Ginger Snaps
Company of Wolves
The Howling (effects only, movie sucks; Howling 2,3, 5, and 6 are worth watching too for how crazy/comfy they are)
American Werewolf in London
The Wolfman

Best Vampire Movies:
Near Dark
Nosferatu the Vampyre
Vampyr 1932
Fright Night
Spanish Dracula

Any I have missed? I prefer werewolves but most werewolf movies suck honestly, seems to be a hard monster to get right. Even the original Wolfman doesn't hold up too well today

Being a vampire seems like a wiser investment.

Shadow of the Vampire with Willem Dafoe is pretty damn good.

You realize you're on a television themed message board discussing made up stories, right?

Vampire:
>-You will become a murderer

Werewolf:
>+-You can plan ahead to isolate yourself one night a month to avoid becoming a murderer

Depending on lore, werewolves are just as impervious to damage whether wolf or human.

In most vampire fiction you don't have to drain a victim to the point of death dumbass

You don't have to kill people when draining them and I suppose you could always create human pawns that will happily let you feed on them. Not to mention, it's not really murder, is it? They're cattle to you, not people.

Vampire, it makes you sexy.

>it's all fictional made-up shit

Inability to understand subtle distinctions is a common sign of autism.

Murderous vampire detected

>Any I have missed? I

Lost Boys
Let Me In
What We Do In The Shadows
Interview With The Vampire (it was pure kino you faggots)
Underworld

Fine then you'll be the equivalent of some serial street abuser.

You could argue that you would just get your blood from a hospital (as if that would be easy), but then you'd just be stealing from people who need it before you.

>They're cattle to you
What, do I lose my self-awareness when I get cursed or something?

What We Do in the Shadows

Vampire
>you're in control
>immortal
>seduction powers

>Werewolf
>Go berserk one night a month

eh Vamp clearly wins

Silver Bullet is an amazing movie if you treat it like a comedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=pzlgn1QuKzE

Daywalker.

I still hope they're doing that Universal Monster universe. I have no idea if they cancelled it or not. Cruise is definitely filming Mummy already.

Dog Soldiers

Lost Boys sucksI was surprised how much I liked Blade 2, I don't care for the first one and I hate del Toro but it was cool.

It's not murder if it's for feeding. It's like saying you're a murderer because you eat cows, which is dumb vegan logic.

That "dumb" logic is shared by millions of people and entire religions. Take off your fedora and fuck yourself with it, fatso.

> A trip to Hawaii
> A trip to Dubai

> 10 million dollars

Yeah, I'd go with 10 million dollars.
You fucking idiot what do you think rules are for?

I'm not fat, and you're the fedora here if you think that eating dead animals is murder.

Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill.

This.

Yes you are fat, and you're a dumb Westerner who can't see outside the Western perspective. Buy a fedora, you deserve one.

For some reason this is the scariest werewolf design for me, even though I think Dog Soldiers is basically a really good SyFy movie those wolves freak me out hard. Even just looking at that image I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tonight

van helsing makes both vampires and werewolves badass

Jesus Christ
When you kill a cow, do you effect an entire social system? No, the cow dies and maybe one or two other cows who are about to die may feel a sense of loss. Humans are social and have a quantifiably greater capacity for insight.

So no, it's not the same.

And in case you bring up the 'only having to feed, not kill' argument, and still think of humans as cattle, think of it this way: keeping a bunch of cows around to sap them of blood is way worse than killing them.

>projecting this hard

Fuck off, poo in loo.

FUCK

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW

If this is real life. You will be a another wild animal and when you become a problem enough you will be hunted down, probably much easier and faster than in the movies because you become a dumb animal.

Vampires stay mostly humanlike in their psychology, unless they starve themselves. And you are difficult to kill. Though you will still be incapacitaded by breaking your you limbs down to the bone. Something which is not addressed in movies. And brains are very easy to destroy, something nobody ever comes across in the movies.

In real life you should not rely on movie logic, because it makes very fragile things seem invincible, when they're actually not. Whatever you are, you would wish to be the one that will survive on it's own will, and that's the vampire.

>keeping a bunch of cows around to sap them of blood is way worse than killing them.

For you, maybe. I'm not such a dumb spooked moralfag.

Are you some kind of moralfag pussy? Humans WOULD be beneath you. Fuck them, surely.

The audio commentary on this film is 10/10.

This.

Not in the way that cows are 'beneath' humans. You'd still think the same way, and perhaps with the experience of an immortal life.

A better analogy than cows would be comparing yourself to a disabled person.

>This

Wow, how decisive of you to pick the obviously better choices.

Vampire you get the perks and everything all the time. With werewolves going with the traditional powers you only have them for one night and even then you can't control them.
So I'd go with vampire.

I guess werewolfs have some hot intense sex thanks to their wolf urges, so I'll go with that

>destroy the brain
>never in movies

While "shot them in the head" is more of a zombie trope than a vampire one, I still found this odd

Play to win even when I play pretend. Beat me, fucker.

Oh God, it totally is. Close your eyes and play the scene where Busey first gives the kid the motor trike. See if you can stop from hearing it perverted.

>I guess werewolfs have some hot intense sex thanks to their wolf urges, so I'll go with that
part of the werewolf curse is you don't remember any of the time you spend as one.

presumably you could videotape yourself though. just find a girl who's into fucking dogs. it shouldn't be too difficult

Vampires are dead and werewolves are alive silly.

Do you want to be dead? xD no lol

So werewolf

There was a debate in my class about this once and most people picked vampire.

I just remember the furry guy picking werewolf for obvious reasons.

>going to shitty clubs
>listening to shitty music

I'd rather be a vampire then.

>implications

>you would naturally start to view humans as inferior/livestock.
So? Humans are inferior to Vampires physiologically and they are basically livestock since they can be a source of nutrition like cows are to humans.

Do you have an issue with humans seeing cows as livestock and inferior? If not then you shouldn't have an issue with a vampire doing the same thing with humans.

Sure will.

Werewolf

Why would anyone pick Werewolf? Lets look at the powers associated with both:

WEREWOLF
*Can transform into a big wolf and/or wolfman hybrid.

VAMPIRE
*Can fly
*Can mind control others
*Lives forever
*Can turn invisible / turn into mist
*Can change shapes (bats, wolves, traditionally)
*Can thrall endless ghoul and vampire servants

I mean, how often in your day to day life does turning into a monster help you? Compare that to mind control or flight.