Suicide Squad

If you guys are so good, how would you fix this movie?

I knew you were bunch of spineless fags

Make Robbie the only character
Hard R rating

I would rewrite the entire script, for an R rating and better pacing, dialogue, and recast the entire movie.

It would be completely incomparable to this 2/10 fuckflop.

/thread

>hire a competent writer
>cast the parts appropriately
>drop the Joker completely, he is mentioned but not featured
>no studio interference to change the tone of the movie

Sell the rights to Marvel

>"you don't like this movie? oh yeah? have you made any movies? that's what I thought"

Give the writer more than six weeks to write a script. Don't let the studio interfere with it. Make it R-rated. Get a more interesting villain. Lose Leto altogether.

Make it focused more on what, drop Harley and Joker. The antagonists will be a super powered Terrorists like Ostrander's first issue. The tone would be similar to "The Guns of Navarone."

I'd have a laser shooting into the sky and the power of friendship to save the day.

Original Ayer cut.
Fire the WB editing department.
Not casting Cara.

Imo Axel Braun's remake of the movie was well placed, a lot to learn from that.

Make it a live action adaptation of this with less Batman involved.

>reduce Joker to a surprise end-cameo when he breaks Harley out
>actually give Boomerang and Croc something to do in the action scenes
>give Harley an actual power or skill set. Otherwise, why the fuck is she in the team?
>make the characters real villains rather than mostly good people. Its supposed to be a team of villains, stick with the concept otherwise what's the point?
>get a real villain
>make Batman the antagonist. That way we can see the story from the perspective of the villains (like it is supposed to be) as Batman relentlessly pursues them throughout the night.

>>make the characters real villains rather than mostly good people. Its supposed to be a team of villains, stick with the concept otherwise what's the point?

this.

there needed to be graphic violence, there needed to be cursing, and there needed to be a plot device other than the neck explosives that would allow squad members to more easily defect, for infighting and drama

i never felt like I was watching a cast of villains. the stakes of depending on villains to do good never felt high. they're all just fucking bratty and have edgy quips and threaten each other, so fucking """"""""menacing""""""""

>Skwad would be Deadshot, Harley, King Shark, El Diablo, Captain Boomerang, and Killer Frost
>Make them actual villains, not anti-heroes
>No Enchantress and goofy magic shit
>Make Joker the main villain and have the skwad infiltrating his huge hideout (Think Dredd/Raid) be the big mission; Waller gets tip that Joker is moving a big weapon or something
>More flashbacks in general, could be similar to the Batman TAS episode Almost Got 'Im. They'd swap stories on how they got caught by Batman/Flash.
>Stronger emphasis on Harley's abuse and her Stockholm Syndrome
>In the end have her choose between Skwad or Joker
>Batman shows up in the end and rounds them up, sending them back to prison

The Joker would have been around for atleast 25 minutes of screen time. Not.. 7

- Cut out or reduce Joker bits like keep it to minor flashback or obligatory post credit stinger stuff
- Make it street level instead of fighting some entity than can destroy cities. SS work better in the vein of Deadpool, i.e. smaller scale.
- They're villains, so make them so instead of trying to tone it down and make it seem like they're anti-heroes
- Get someone who knows how to write good black comedy or gallows humour (I concede this is not easy)

The movie was good. Now I'm starting to realize people must just have a DC hate boner. I read a complaint asking how people didn't understand how Will Smith's daughter was there at the end. Even though it was incredibly obvious Enchantress gave him a vision just like she did earlier, and they had her look at him and her eyes flash before he started seeing her. Then the RLM review where they don't know how Harley got her phone. These complaints are retarded and seem like people were just looking for excuses to bash it instead of actually paying any attention to the film. Because it's as easy to understand as possible. Watch the film, pay attention, don't have any bias, and it's a good film.

No it's not, and it's the worst capeshit to date. Do not reply to this post.

Not make it

Even though I agree those complaints are retarded, the movie is bad man. No way around it. The"critics" you read just arent good enough to see why its bad so they pick non sensical reasons

It wasn't good and there are DC fans who hate it.

Make Joker the main villain and explore the theme of bad guys on a leash being forced to fight a bigger bad guy for real. Not just "LETS GO SAVE THE WORLD LMAO."

Explore the relationship with Harley and Joker and how the government uses her relationship to their gain, and how she feels about bonding with the Suicide Squad while also wanting to be with the Joker, creating conflicting interests.

Italy's numbers (first showing was yesterday) are out: $1,3 mil.

Worldwide gross right now is then about $403,3 million. Other countries haven't updated yet.

This.

Also, fuck the new Joker. And Harley Quinn sucks ass.

BRING NOLAN BACK

>fuck the new Joker
He's hot, I would.

Trust that Ayer knows what he's doing.
That's seriously all it would take. Even watching the final cut, you can see traces of a really solid movie in there, hidden under all the marvelization WB pushed on it. If they'd just let him do his thing, it would have been fine.

Blanket statements aren't arguments

Claiming someone doesn't have an argument when they do isn't an argument.

by not making more retarded capeshit

I'm not making an argument, I made a statement, fag.

nothing, it's pure capedzieƂo

Moving the goalposts isn't an argument

That's not moving the goalposts you stupid fuck. Jesus did you just come over from Sup Forums? Fucking retard

>how would you fix this movie?
Get a new editor and fix up all those scenes that were trimmed down

>The longer Arkham/Harley conver
>The longer Harley/Joker street argument scene

The 2 images on the left in pic related is all that is shown with the street scene in the film. The image on the right is what someone from the public snapped a photo of.

There was an entire scene of Harley following the Joker after he shoots up a restaurant with his thug men and then Joker and Harley have an argument, resulting in Joker slapping her, talking sense into her which better makes her fall for him and decide to "bond" together with him by jumping into the chemical pool.

But no the WB editors cut out this entire scene which is important to Harley's character arc...

Go slap some tendies out of your moms hand if you're so mad about your DC universe blowing ass and people being honest about it. You don't have to take out your impotent rage on Sup Forums.

Now you're resorting to strawmanning. How fucking sad.

>>The longer Arkham/Harley conver
damn my english I meant the longer Joker/Harley conversation

"I'm a truly ass blasted DC fan and any criticism of my 1 star film is a blanket statement."

-You

Literally every idea posted here is better than the actual movie...

Look, just because there are stupid people who hate it for stupid reasons doesn't mean it isn't a bad movie. How about you pick those people who made proper criticism and argue against them?

R.M.Y.T.

this

>drop the only two characters in the movie who are actually interesting

Wow brilliant

Make Joker the main bad guy (has nerve gas bomb he stole from military base or something)

Waller used Harley as bait

Joker is a jerk to Harley but loves her

More team bonding

Harley ditches the team for joker but actually is a double cross and pushes him off a building or whatever because now she realzies the Joker is an asshole to her and she feels better about herself because of her "friends" on suicide squad

Less time with introducing characters and more of them working as a team

Also it's Rated R

More Punk Rock Aesthic !

this
also more joker and batman
less of everyone else
might as well make the movie about them

why you can't defend your dumbass argument
suck a dick pussy

Joker should have been the main villain instead of that boring witch slut

>Joker is a jerk to Harley but loves her

Fuck off, that's how it was in the movie already, and that's not how it should be.
That's shit a chick would want to see.

dont pussy out and leave all the Jokers scenes in

It was the best DCU film so far, but it was still pretty bad. It felt like a music video directed by michael bay.

Joker was really bad. Will Smith was surprisingly good.

>GIRLS REEEEEEEEEEEE

He was obviously pretending to love her to manipulate her you retard.

>electroshocks her and clearly enjoys it

>leaves her either to drown in the car or be captured by Batman (more interested in saving his own skin)

>controls her and makes her want to die for him

>views her as his property

>slaps her in a deleted scene (shouldn't have been deleted)

>has fun making her do whatever he wants

You "joker lover her" fags are retarded.

working stream?

I found one, but the quality is almost unbelievably shit. Like, shit even for movie theater recordings.

and all the subtitles are in spanish.

Cut out the high rise, rescue Amanda Waller scene. It contributes nothing and most of the action scenes in it could be reshot for the approach to the final showdown, which would then be longer than 30 seconds.

Develop the Squad more. Have a scene in Act 2 where they're sent on a less important mission and fail miserably because they're villains.

Even though I liked his portrayal, cut some of the Joker stuff. Keep what was in the Harley origin and the final breakout, lose the rest.

Ditch the faceless hordes of enemies trope. I know studios love to dehumanize the hordes of enemies their heroes will be killing, but it's played out and makes the viewer not care about the fight scenes.

Add more backstory to Killer Croc, Boomerang and Katana or cut them from the film. Trim some of the fat from Deadshot's backstory to make room.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

>people don't love their property

claims everything in the DCEU is in a parallel reality, setting Infinite Crisis while rebooting everything

>electroshocks her and clearly enjoys it
So does she, and that scene was 10 seconds of botched editing of what was clearly a longer scene that might've had a more torturous aspect, rather than it being Harley saying, "Yep, I'm cool with this" after the Joker says something edgy.

>leaves her either to drown in the car or be captured by Batman (more interested in saving his own skin)
He literally disappeared out of nowhere in that scene, which convinced me there was some kind of cut altercation between him and Batman before Batman jumps in to save Harley, otherwise it's just an awkward disappearance, much like his fake death is awkward without the subway confrontation.

>controls her and makes her want to die for him
Which she is perfectly willing to do, but also he at no point puts her in any real danger in the film. He tells her to jump in the chemicals, which is not only not fatal (the Joker is living proof of that), but he also needlessly jumps in to save her, even though he presumably did just fine falling into the chemicals on his own during his origin.

>views her as his property
Which she is happy about. And he never abuses that 'property'.

>slaps her in a deleted scene (shouldn't have been deleted)
But it was deleted, so it doesn't matter, and isn't canon to the film.

>has fun making her do whatever he wants
So? Again she's perfectly happy with this, and they never have any conflict. He never mistreats her, he never says a mean thing to her in the entire film. She never even has to really choose between the Squad or the Joker, because he happens to show up and rescue her (and push her out of the helicopter before it crashes, saving her life), and then disappear from the film entirely so she can resume her adventure.

You're an idiot if you think that relationship was anything even close to resembling what's in the comics, and that it wasn't a generic "two crazy people in love" relationship.

>and push her out of the helicopter before it crashes

Why didn't he jump out with her? What was his reasoning for staying in the helicopter?

Big cgi king shark over practical croc? nah. They can litterally fill the same role. Just give croc super strength and bullet proof skin or something.

Not terrible ideas, but better suited for a Harley Quinn stand-alone movie.

It was likely a recut of the original version of the scene that had him pushing her out before it crashes because she said something to upset him, and then he gets shot down after she falls onto the roof and watches.

recast the joker

recast the black principle lady

make it about harley and joker

Make Cara and Margot suck each other off, make Cara suck Leto's dick, make leto cum inside Cara and then Margot. Repeat in different sets and scenarios and jerk off while it's being filmed.

I still think Jared Leto was great for the role but got fucked over when they cut all his scenes out. If he actually had a chance to shine I think he would have been a really good Joker.

>Waller used Harley as bait
Now that's actually a fucking decent idea
Have everyone be confused by her inclusion on the team
"Oh she's Joker's girlfriend lol"
Raised eyebrows, whatever, then twist, they were trying to get Joker the entire time because Batman won't for some mysterious reason

No, it was pretty bad.The script and the editing were horrendeous i dont even know what they were thinking while shooting this.I expected something really great out of this since it wasnt your average generic capeshit movie but it actually ended up being worse than that.They fucked up big time and wasted all the potentiel it had.Godammit i am still mad about how shitty it was.I dont even like capeshit movies but this one seemed to be really interesting.

Scrap Enchantress completely, make the mission something more covert that spans several days (maybe Joker related) where Flagg doesn't actually have to bring 50 seals with him (which also gives Katana a purpose).

All the characters get some kind of backstory (even Slipknot), leaves the normies guessing more who's going to bite it first.

Show the characters interacting and bonding more, make it actually believable that that El Diablo would call the squad a family.

this.

R-rated or not isnt the problem for me. Its the messy editing and poor writing. You need better fundamental elements to fix that.

Just copy Assault of Arkham but make Joker also take the Riddler's role. He has top secret information (how to defuse the TFX bombs) and they need to break into Arkham and retrieve him for questioning (but Flagg and Deadshot know the actual mission is to kill him). Harley's there because she's the only one who simultaneously knows the place and is insane enough to help break Joker out.

Before they can kill him Joker tells them why Waller wants him dead, and the Squad betray Flagg and Katana so he can defuse their bombs. Joker then betrays them by only defusing Harley's, and after pushing her around a bit she sucker KOs him so she can run back and help the others. Joker releases a bunch of inmates (Zsasz, Maxie Zeus, Amygdala, Killer Moth, guys who won't be part of a mainline big Batman film, with a load of insane mooks) and the team has to take him out before he escapes in the chaos.

Hell, could even make it so Croc isn't part of the team. They blow up a few walls in the sewers to get into Arkham without realising he's down there and he gets pissed and hunts them through the Asylum. But it'd have to be big scary Croc, not just some average dude but scaled.

I actually wouldn't touch it.

It was fine. I legitimately don't understand the backlash.

The large majority disagrees.

That's because the media has legitimately tricked them. Audiences thought it was fine. DC fans thought it was fine.

Marvelfags just don't feel comfortable with anything that isn't light hearted and family friendly

I just tried to watch it tonight but had to skip ahead to the end around half way because it was boring and sloppy, can't say the same for any recent Marvel films I've watched!

I do notice much of the critics were upset that the Squad was comprised mainly of regular humans with brutal and very human weapons.

Whereas Marvel moreso has magic people shooting coloured farts at each other, especially when Superman is out of the picture.

Most of the Marvel movies are also shit especially the recent ones with the exception of GotG.I dont understand Marvelfags picking on DCucks they both have shitty adapdations recently.

Honestly I find Suicide Squad far more interesting than Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

I loved all the characters of the squad and hope to see them again in a sequel.

I think that's only an issue because the Suicide Squad is justified in the movie as a group to stop meta humans like Superman

Marvel films are legitamately some of the most boring movies I have ever seen.

>pseudo witty banter
>everything is safe and takes no risks
>no blood or gore
>no tension
>retarded villains
>stories are formulaic and predictable

also no sex appeal. It is legit as kiddy as they get

But ohhhh Joker offers Harley for sex to trick the guy before he kills him and the critics are outraged (seriously I read a critic give Suicide Squad a bad review because he hated the sexual references and Batman knocking Harley out)

It's not really an issue in that they're chosen because they don't have replacement methahumans lying about except for El Diablo. Waller literally chooses Boomerang because he doesn't get easily beaten by The Flash.

The box office numbers beg to differ sport but fon't go letting facts skew your view or anything

Not to mention they have bland aesthetics and cinematography.

Suicide Squad has better cinematography than any other comic book movie.

Exactly.I am really sick of Marvelfags thinking they are better than DCucks while they are both tribalised nerds who defend their shitty capeshit movies to death.I am sick of seeing capeshit faggots shitposting on the catalog each time.

Marvel films are always lukewarm and completely forgettable. Marvelcucks have the intellect of literal children.

Box office numbers only matter when you are a shitty capeshit fan that doesnt know shit about what real cinema is

Simply producer should use arkham assault scenario

On a scale if 1-10 how ass blasted are you?

On a scale of* 1-10 how much of a faggot are you?

I'd have this be their second or third mission, the team and program is established already, keep the start showing them forming the team except now that Enchantress is the bad guy they all have some personal connection to her instead of just Flagg given that they've fought alongside her before.
Also mention that Harley has immunity to all known toxins and poisons(in the comics/cartoon she got that from Poison Ivy) so that they have a reason for her being on the team as they think that the thing turning people is an airborne toxin and that Slipknot would be essential for getting up and into the building from the outside saving them the difficulty of breaching and moving up the stairs so that his death, while hilarious in how projected it was, actually does set their plans back.

Also make it feel more like a Vietnam War movie or the Dirty Dozen they're on patrol in enemy territory, the tension should be insane.

So...a 10 then?

So...a 10 then?

Well done. You fixed it.

Th... thanks?

>Emerge from Gotham's sewers
>It Ain't Me starts playing