Why didn't Harry just drink liquid luck before fighting Voldemort?

why didn't Harry just drink liquid luck before fighting Voldemort?

Other urls found in this thread:

pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/potions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

takes 6 months to brew and extremely difficult to make

They literally had Harry's whole life to brew up a shit ton of it.

harry was literally on the run for his life by the time he knew voldemort was going to have to kill him in the end

how was he supposed to get ingredients? didnt even have access to his vault

Members of the Order of the Phoenix or goddamn Dumbledore himself should have been on it since they had the whole thing planned out from the moment of Harry's parents death.

use the Time Locket

problem solved

Ever since his 4th year when Fiennes got resurrected they should have had a hall in the school dedicated to brewing more.
It's the same shit with the time turner, game changers that only exist for gimmick moments

Did this stuff actually break causality for awhile after consumption or does it just give you a generic high with boosted confidence etc.?

he could just send a message to hogwarts telling them to make some. didn't they pretty much know by then that a showdown was coming? why didn't gandalf have the alchemy classes making it every semester?

ah yes a message on his dead owl

>The Boy who lived
>Didn't know Voldemort was gunning for him ever since
Yeah, sure.

>The only way to send messages is by owl
He could have fucking called someone FFS, it's not like being in a magic part of the world would mean all technology ceases to exist. Unless the entire world was utterly fucking retarded.

>snape is a good guy and one of the best potions people ever
>working with dumbledore all along on their master plan
>wasn't spending every single bit of his spare time brewing gallons of liquid luck to help whoever they needed to help

just one of literally thousands of things in the harry potter movies/books that don't make any sense when you think about it for more than 10 seconds

actually it does

magic actually makes it impossible to use tech
you can't use anything at all in hogwarts thats electronic

floo powder is watched

all the members are watched

so what could be done?

it blessed you with extreme luck, succeeding at everything you tried

it must be the most used aphrodisiac on the wizard market

>Magic makes it impossible to use tech
Bullshit.
There were restrictions about enchanting juggle stuff, but nowhere was it ever States or even implied that technology just stopped working. Because that's fucking retarded.

the thing about liquid luck is that you'll succeed whether you do it the correct way or the wrong way, so you won't learn anything

that and it's highly toxic in large quantities

because plot holes are magic

why didn't voldemort brew up some and kill everybody

it sounded like it would kill you if you fucked it up

true enough but no electricity at hogwarts and no order members had telephones and you still haven't explained how he was supposed to ask for the felix from someone who could even possibly make it

ignore him, it's just headcanon where they parallel the harry potter universe and the librarians universe

>Hogwarts shuts down anything electronic
Including the bonds between atoms and pour fucking brains? If that's true then Potter is even more retarded than I ever imagined.

Harry Potter is the most plothole ridden series of all time, yet nobody seems to ever want to admit it.

cause it's shaddily written book for children

>the thing about liquid luck is that you'll succeed whether you do it the correct way or the wrong way, so you won't learn anything
if it means stopping voldemort I don't think people would care all that much

>that and it's highly toxic in large quantities
again, stopping voldemort would be much better for everyone overall than someone getting sick from using liquid luck

they could just stop using it after they defeated him

actually a better question is why didn't voldemort use liquid luck? I'm sure given the scope of his influence and power he could one vial for his fight against harry

Why the fuck did they not have electricity or phones?
Rejecting modern technology for no good reasonnis retarded. And do t give me that they'd be detected bullshit, MoM.

What's shady about it?

>getting sick from using liquid luck
you don't get sick, you die, can't defeat someone if you're dead
which actually happened in the movie but whatever

Why do 90% of spells just send people backwards a few feet?

Because he didn't believe in luck.

it magic lad

plenty of physical laws/theories are violated in the universe, like aerodynamic laws and conservation of energy you just have to suspend disbelief and not be an autist about it. It's a fictional universe and only has to be internally consistent

also it is explained by the force field around the place

so why not just take an amount like harry did? you don't die and you win your fight, boom done, no more voldemort

because Newton's law of spell reaction

He knew that luck wouldn't save him.

That's retarded.
He could have brewed a potion with demonstrable effects on reality. Not believing in something intangible, fine, but being a wizard who doesn't believe in the effect of a potion is like being a person who doesn't "believe in Iphones".

>"Luck can only get you so far, Harry... Luck is not powerful enough to get through a powerful incantation." - hermione

Everything that involves overpowered as fuck shit stops making sense very quickly. Don't know if Harry Potter or X-Men is worse.

But its not internally consistent, that's my point. Its never explained or even suggested why magic and technology aren't fused. They just aren't. Its fucking lazy and stupid.

if you used lucky potion to get laid are you raping them or does it count as having good game.

why didn't harry potter just cast a spell to get out of his gay ass book series

Liquid Luck is one of the most difficult potions to make, so much so that Slughorn and Snape are pretty much the only ones who can do it, and they're literally the top two potion masters

not to mention the ingredients are incredibly rare and expensive, over-using it can seriously screw you over, and if you brew it wrong it'll probably kill you

No one is saying he should rely on luck utterly, but FFS it would have given him an edge. So would a fucking time travel locket.

tech was still in medieval stages at that point you know
wizards were 100% cut off from society you think they'd want to rely on shit like that?

>"Better just write myself out of a plothole... there we go!" - J.K. Rowling

liquid luck didn't help them from malfoy's peruvian instant darkness powder
it doesn't work against magic, just normal situations like when you do incantations

>nowhere was it ever States or even implied that technology just stopped working

In literally the first book Hermione goes on about how the large amount of magic at Hogwarts fucks with complicated electronics

A light bulb would probably be fine, a phone wouldn't

how did the invisibility cloak know when it would turn invisible?

>wizards were 100% cut off from society
>have flying cars

>the only ones who can make it

Why, its a fucking potion? All you need is the recipe. Are you saying that only they had the recipe?

And in any case, Snape was working for Dumbledore all along. He would've happily obliged and made some for Harry.

99% cut off from society

that car was illegal anyways

a wizard did it

>At that point
What the fuck are you talking about?
Potter was set in the modern era.
As the world advanced, the wizards should have advanced alongside it in parallel. The fact they don't is utterly retarded and you know it.
100% cut off is also crap, the two worlds intermingle so frequently they need a government body just to keep shit kosher.

wtf

>Phone
>Complicated
Bullshit

And again, why the fuck aren't they combining magic and technology?

WHY
Why would fusing magic and technology be illegal?
For what purpose?
Who benefits from literally retarding progress?

>Its never explained or even suggested why magic and technology aren't fused

Yes it is. Several times. Large amounts of magic (such as what you'd find in most wizarding homes, wizarding buildings, and at a fucking school of witchcraft and wizardry) makes muggle tech unreliable at best or outright broken

Fusing muggle tech and magic IS done sometimes, but it's incredibly fucking difficult - The Weasleys' car, for example. The father had been working on it literally since before Ron was born (i.e. more than 12 goddamn years) and even then it still wasn't perfect.

The most complicated shit they've done with any degree of success is the Wizard Radio

Why was every death eater able to fly when the books made a big deal about Voldy being able to fly without a broom?

>Who benefits from literally retarding progress?

I can't say who, but lets just say JK was more redpilled than you'd think

>WHY
>Why would fusing magic and technology be illegal?
huh that's a pretty good point

the established reason was to prevent the muggles from figuring out the truth but it really was anti-progress wasn't it

Its o my incredibly difficult because of the retarded laws against doing it. If it wasn't inventors in sheds but an actual mechanical process that had gone on for centuries, it would have been refined in parallel. Stop swallowing Rowling's shit and admit she made a boring world that makes zero sense.

Time Locket was so fucking overpowered. It made no sense they didn't use it to kill Voldemort. Also the fact that it exists means time magic exists, so why didn't someone just go back in time and kill Voldemort in his infancy?

What if they made a brew that was liquid cuck?

>Why, its a fucking potion? All you need is the recipe. Are you saying that only they had the recipe?
"I didn't pay any attention to the books or the movies" - the post

They explicitly make it clear several times that making potions is not as simple as following the recipe. Otherwise, Harry would be a fucking pro at it from the get go (he'd been cooking for the Dursleys since he was 5 after all)

Also it's not unreasonable to think the recipe for Liquid Luck would be a pretty well guarded secret

I wonder if illusion spells worked on cameras. Could spy satellites see Hogwarts?

Because Voldemort wasnt killed in his infancy.

Not defending Harry Potters shitty writing, but time travel was clearly a closed circle in the franchise. Things that happened always happened.

Yes, exactly. At the same time as the muggles were having an industrial revolution, there is no reason that wizards couldn't have been combining magic and technology, progressing at the same exact rate but using different tools.

If it's so boring why have you been arguing about it for the entire thread?

Do you think Harry sometimes took the invisibility cloak on and watched Hermoine pee?

Death Eaters could only apparate, the smokey flying in the sky was just a visual effect of their apparition. Voldemort could legit fly and float and stay in the air like superman.

Hermonie states in the book and films that some people have used the time lockets to kill their past or future selves.

there are spells to prevent anyone from seeing you
they used them to hide the tent in the 7th book and you can't get into hogwarts without already knowing where it is I believe

actually iirc it was a smouldering wreck to muggles, that's what it was

Guys can't get into the girls' dorm, it turns the stairs into a slide

I've been arguing that it makes no sense you fucktard.
The wizards could literally have disguised magic as high tech. See Clarke's laws.
The slightest interesting thing you could do with this setting, JK just fucking ignores with no good reason given in the books.

Why isn't there a magical cartel mass-producing this, and other potions? How is there not a magic drug market with so many possibilities?

No, she says "what if you saw yourself, you'd think you'd gone crazy"

It's never actually happened because they don't give out time turners to insane people

Huh, guess it goes to show that Rowling really dont know how to be consistent.

What do potionmasters have that an ordinary wizard wouldnt, that would make them the only ones able to make this potion? Some kind of secret ingredient? More detailed instructions? If so, whuy could this not be written down? Is there some kind of magic or set of spells required that only they have mastered? This is never mentioned in the books.

The whole notion of being a 'master of potions' is retarded.

>you will never use the invisibility cloak to sneak into the girls dorms
>you will never petrify a girl, take her to the Room of Requirement and have your way with her
>you will never brew a polyjuice potion to disguise yourself as a girl, sneak into their dorms and steal panties
>you will never accio girl skirts
>you will never cast imperius at a girl and have her be your complete sex slave
>you will never use the Marauder's Map to stalk qts
>you will never be a wizard

JUST END IT

>I've been arguing that it makes no sense you fucktard.

>Stop swallowing Rowling's shit and admit she made a boring world

I'm not saying the world makes sense, but you saying it's boring is obviously wrong

That smoke shit was no apparition. They took out a bridge while smoking around the first time it was shown. They never did that in the books.The smoke travel thing was something they added to the films without thinking it through. It made Voldermort flying no big deal.

It's the same difference between being a master chef for a michelin starred restaurant, and being a fucking fry cook.

Potterverse is retarded for so many reasons.
Buuut.

What do chefs have that an ordinary guy with a kitche wouldnt, that would make them the only ones able to make Michelangelo starred food? Some kind of secret ingredient? More detailed instructions? If so, whuy could this not be written down? Is there some kind of expensive oven or set of knives required that only they have mastered? This is never mentioned in the cooking shows.

The whole notion of being a 'top chef' is retarded.

I know she says that people have killed their past or future selves while explaining the dangers of time lockets to Harry.

Half of being a gormet chef is presentation and innovation, neither of which matter in the case of potions. The other half is a refined pallet, which also doesnt apply to potions because you dont drink them for the taste.

This is a piss poor analogy,

>Obviously not boring
Its illogical and takes the worst and least interesting route at any given point. Its boring.

look here my dude

why didn't they just paint a portrait of Dumbledore before he died so that he can still give them advice?

Just fuck off, you're the kind of person thats impossible to make see reason. As it happens I am a gypsy, and I'll now curse you with a cancerous growth under your left thigh that will kill you in about 10 years.

I presume the intimate knowledge of chemistry as well of the years of experience forms better cooks

The ones who are the most practiced and produce the best results are the best

you can do things better, you know, like knowing the right temp and consistency and stuff like that

it just takes practice, it cant be solved like a math equation

>It takes no talent or ability to make a meal.
>Just follow recipes
Open a restaurant pal, see how well you do.

I'll put my 'za up against anyone from Italy or Chigago my man

Did you even read my post?

Potion making is part science and part art.

You need to not only be a chemist but a chef as well. Of all the shit that doesn't make sense, making potions isn't one of them.

>anyone can cook a gourmet meal

hmm

The films fucked up a LOT of stuff
>butchering Ron beyond all recognition
>making Hermione a Mary Sue
>Death Eaters can suddenly fly
>Harry actually fucking outright fights Voldemort
>People using silent spells in combat non-stop, let alone in fucking fifth year

The flying Death Eaters and silent magic are the things that piss me off most.
Voldemort being able to fly was fucking important because it showed he was getting more powerful and developing new shit, he was even stronger than he was before he got Harry'd. Even Dumbledore couldn't fly.
The silent spells were meant to be extremely fucking difficult - in the books even most aurors and Death Eaters would find it extremely difficult to keep their concentration for silent spells in combat

But screwing over Ron's character doesn't piss me off the most. It just makes me depressed. In the books he's a sidekick actually done well. In the movies he might as well not fucking be there.

Yes, and it ignored the majority of the issue.

Not even remotely what I implied.

I listed three of the most important talents required to be a gormet chef, all of which take years of practice and dedication, and merely pointed out that none of those are relevant to potion making. I said nothing about your average retard being able to open a five star restaurant, which obviously isn't true.

>a making potions doesn't take years of practice and dedication
Not according to the books.

pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/potions

>It is often asked whether a Muggle could create a magic potion, given a Potions book and the right ingredients. The answer, unfortunately, is no. There is always some element of wandwork necessary to make a potion (merely adding dead flies and asphodel to a pot hanging over a fire will give you nothing but nasty-tasting, not to mention poisonous, soup).

How come they can use levitation magic to levitate literally everything but themselves?

damn that looks fantastic