PC vs MAC

PC vs MAC
Where is your Steve Ballmer now?

I work in a hospital and our department uses Macs
It'd been a fun day back in to office as all the microshit stuff is still being updated/bugging out

hey win-(L)users have you paid your 0,3฿ yet?

Fixed

tell the tech guy to disable updates, fin

Its about russia FBI case and Trump...and north korea,

Now what is going i dont know.

>Mac not being used for coding
Whew lad you sure know a lot about computers
I bet you use your windows for what you say Macs are for

>Disable updates
It's like you want your health files to get ransomed
Unless you're a poor fag who can't afford to go to the doctor and don't have medical records

Duh, that's why I have the image saved. Macs are good for people who don't know how to spend money. End of discussion. Still getting cucked by apple in 2017 is fucking cringeworthy.

Haha haha
Just stop
You clearly use computers for gaming
When you can overload 16 GB of RAM with a single R script in terminal on your data set you'll actually be computing
Until then your just a child thinking adults care about your opinion
>Pro tip macs are bought for state employees (like me) from your tax dollars so you might want to learn how to spend your tax dollars dipshit

See ya in 2038 Mac...

>Kel not knowing how to use *nix
Typical windows scum

You know nothing.

Please child, support your claims because you sound dumber than the preschoolers I walk past on my way to work everyday

>child

Ugh, youre neckbeard and fedora are showing.

Calling people children on the internet. Got a bad ass over here.

For general use they are overpriced, outdated junk. This is common knowledge. If you have a specialty job that can benefit from the sudo-os operating system they load on their outdated hardware then more power to you. Get cucked. I'd rather pay half as much for twice the power.

>please child
top kek. underage B&

all me
i'm fat and gay btw

>Not realizing for coding it's better to have *nix system
>Not realizing that Apple is literally the Microsoft of *nix
>Not realizing state government doesn't like spending money on custom rigs and only wants vendor configurations
>Not realizing that our department runs most our shit on the state supercomputer
>Only one person runs Linux (bc server tower) while everyone else runs macs
Whew lad

Only adult children get upset at being called children
>the more you know

>Not realizing for coding it's better to have *nix system
It's not

The rest is true. Well aware.

Child, please. Adults are talking.

Kids stfu

definitely, probably smell bad too

Well the biggest problem is that these faggots were using
>Windows XP
In fucking 2017 to keep people alive. Nigger named Trump also ran his servers on Windows 2003.

The world today is retarded with technology; there exists almost no developed security for the Internet of Things, hence all the funtime hacking as of late. None of your bluetooth devices have antivirus or any decent form of security measures to prevent hax, because nobody cares/is being forced to make that shit. Fuck normie consumers.

Child, please child.

>not better
When I started at this place they gave me a pos dell laptop
Literally spent 3 weeks (waiting for my mac to get in) trying to run the programs I needed for gene prediction
Got the mac and out of the box had the work I couldn't do in 3 weeks done in 3 hours after 15 min install period for my packages

Granted each area of coding varies but for bioinformatics *nix is bae

>I make my own electronics in mummies basement
Have fun

>Macs aren't PCs

Please child.

Fuck you, nigger, I have fun building my own PC.

>not realizing if you use intel they have a hardware backdoor
Unless you make your own components you're still using mainstream consumer goods m8

Forced meme is forced

>I buy overpriced underpowerd shit because i want to suck steve job dead dick

Mac fags are the worst.

Ryzen 7 master race.

Child... please...

PC's don't have a monopoly. PCs have a market share. There's nothing wrong with Pcs and Windows is not a virus.

1700x here, lots of bang for the buck - me likey

yes also use mac

PSA
Anyone defending Macs here is either a shill or a sheep
It's impossible not to realize by now that Macs have inferior hardware marked up to asinine prices and that the software market for Macs is miniscule compared to that for PCs
>inb4 butthurt Apple babbys flame this
>inb4 can't inb4

It's ok because I'm still on windows 7, have security software, and don't visit shady sites

>not realizing tax dollars bought my mac
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
It's so funny when my friends rag on my $3.2k MBP
I just tell them they paid for it and watch their faces fall

Keep being salty based on your assumptions

I used windows my entire life, bought a 2015 macbook pro two years ago.

I use a lot of music/audio software and it's really just way more convenient. No driver crashes or random hangs, and plugging in a new midi/audio device does not require a restart of the software you are working in. This alone makes it worth it for me.

/shrug

They definitely do but I converted to *nix after windows failed me horribly due to keep you safe space file protection
Mac is just the Microsoft version of *nix to ease the jump plus having the product integration mac has is also inviting
fam no need for the salt

You pay taxes too dipshit. Lmao

You'd think if I realized
>there exists almost no developed security for the Internet of Things
that
>there exists backdoors for hardware marketed to the masses
>intel
No shit. The fuck do you think I use Intel, anyways?

>you're still using mainstream consumer goods
Nigger, nobody is going to have access to a fabrication site to print their own special snowflake parts. It's always going to be for consumers- and that's exactly the problem I've highlighted. The demand for the right kind of better shit doesn't exist. Besides, having something being made specifically for the consumer doesn't always necessitate that it's complete fuck.

You're the most insufferable cuck.

Pay meaning collect my refund from post Bach student status then yes

not to mention every audio studio/business/school or w/e uses macs exclusively, so you may as well know the keybinds for mac protools and the like rather than windows.

Not saying mac is better in general, just happens to be widely preferred in my field.

Hahaha
TRIGGERED

This happens when you use a mainstream OS. Simply install an Unix Os on your PC and you're done. ;)

I hope you access public WiFi regularly.

I use both.
100$ Hackintosh > 1200$ -8000$ Mac.

There are elements of the mac that I like. I like the OS overall-- if you don't want to change much, it just works and works well.

The hardware can be nice-- looks good if you're into glass and silver, but really not worth the 2 to 3 times the price of an equivalent windows pc.

I would tell my mom to get a mac so I wouldn't be expected to fit it. Then buy myself a real computer.

And also...

I use bith as well
$3k PC for gaming and $2k MBP for work

Pretty much this. Macs are great for older people who can't figure out how to use computers.

If by public wifi you mean the hospital secure wifi and my home network then yeah I do all the time
>public wifi doesn't like me running my computer on it
>last week I had to pull a 70 go worth of files from the server
>drove to hospital to use their speed and data cap

>not knowing mac is Unix certified
And you think your opinion has value here?

>public wifi
>secure wifi
>home network
>yea I do all the time

>public wifi doesn't like me running my computer on it
Dumb nigger.

If you're using it for creative reasons, buy a mac.

If you don't know how to look after your computer, buy a mac.

Otherwise, use Linux or windows.

Also that isn't even your mac the govt owns it. You think you get to keep it if you quit/get fired xD

Or people that need a unix distro from a manufacturer due to red tape of funding

>propritary
>ever

>completely missing the sarcasm
Who's the dumb nigger again?

>when you have nothing but straws
And I have a 4 year contract for my PhD
I assume I'll even have a new computer before I graduate
Good try though. Keep trying you might get something on me

You, for trying to be cute with me instead of being up front and admitting you're not retarded enough.

>mfw using vista still
>and haven't reinstalled the 32bit as 64bit yet
>no antivirus

Still not your computer idiot. Imagine being this dumb and lying about having a PhD. Nice try nigger

>dat attempt to save face
How many times a day do you embarrass yourself doing this in public?

>resorting to throwing racial slurs that don't even apply to white people
It's like you enjoy making shitty arguments while thinking you're superior

or, you know, you're a normal person with normal health

None, because this isn't saving face.

Children, please. Your autism is showing.

>From: A mac user

Nice tinkertoy distro. Enjoy that PhD faggot

The real autism comes from replying to all of those posts.

>Said the guy volontarily visiting Sup Forums

Bless you child.

I don't get how people can defend Apple, specially when you can just put OSx on a virtual machine if you really need it.

>mistakenly roping in unrelated posts
>children
playing hookey today?

You sweet summer child.

I will when I land my $100k postdoc fellow over in Europoor land

The only people who hate on mac are people who have to care about money
It's literally the only argument they ever raise (muh outdated hardware/muh expensive unibody/muh shekels)

Not upgrade able. No good hardware available even if you have the money. Not repairable at home without ungluing the fucking screen. You'd have to be a fucking mouth breathing cuck lord to support a company that is so obviously fucking your faggot ass.

>and as if on cue
Look a poor fag raging about the cost
What a shocker
>upgrades only matter if you're too poor to buy a new system fam

Why would you need to upgrade xenons and ecc ram? More powerful than standard Intel's and amds. Error checking pc fat

But not even the most expensive systems come with the hardware I want. It's all 2-3 year old shit. It's not about the money, they just literally only sell old hardware.

Child... Xeon E5 is TRASH. Easily outperformed by an i7 extreme with no clocking. Even the new Ryzen will kill that POS.

Try again cucks.

ECC ram good? Maybe a couple of years ago... You're really going to defend DDR3 ram? What year is this?

He might be a Mac, but he probably isn't an iPhone anymore....

The $2999 Mac Pro:

3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor.
12GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory.
Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300 graphics cards.
256GB PCIe-based flash storage.

What a fucking joke...

>3.7ghz
>12 gigs of DDR3
>256gb flash

How can you defend this?

This pretty much defines all macs are good for.
Simple programs and quick Google's searches

Holy fucking shit this thread is ignorant

>sperging out and assuming people only use iMacs
Bruh MBP 4lyf

waiting on one of the mac cucks in here to tell me how this is good at all. that is an $800 PC. with $2,999 I could quadruple that machines usefulness.

>choosing a mac for a desktop
Just how dumb are you?

That's old fam got to look at l8 '16
My mac has
>i7 2.7 quad
>16gb ram
>1TB SSD
>2gb dedicated with 1.5 integrated

>choosing a mac at all
You'd have to be pretty fucking ass-blasted. a $400 Acer is better than a standard macbook.