I have court tomorrow in MD for driving without a license (it was expired for 1 year)...

I have court tomorrow in MD for driving without a license (it was expired for 1 year). I could do up to 60 days in jail for this. And the worst part is I don't even have a lawyer. I was a day too late for getting a public defender and they gave me a letter to give to the judge explaining this. What should I do? I know nothing about the law. Is there a Lawerfag or anyone that can tell me what to do/say tomorrow that can help me avoid jail time? I really need advise, or a finger pointed in the right direction (no $$$ for lawyer). I've NEVER been in trouble with the law before, never even been handcuffed until that day, and truthfully, I'm pretty scared.

They usually don't put people in jail for the first offense. I don't know in the U.S though.

But I totally feel your fear. Your heart must be beating hard as fuck as soon as you think about it. I don't know how you can even fall asleep.

The system is retarded... If I could, I would just give a warning to any person getting convicted for the first time... just to scare them off. And then, if they get arrested again, I would take it seriously.

Good luck man, I hope everything will be fine. This shit sucks so fucking hard.

You wont go to jail first offense. And if there is an actual trial, id say 95% of judges would delay the trial and appoint a public defender. For the most part, judges want a fair trial. But, dont go in expecting them not to hoe you. Its unlikely, but possible.

I think it's retarded that they can charge you for "driving without a license" simply because a card has a date written on it. Does your ability to drive "expire" if you don't go pay them "x" dollars to put a new date on it?

What a bunch of bullshit that is.

Cop must've been a real dick. I got pulled over for my plate being expired. Told the cop I didn't even know it was and he told me to go straight to the DMV and get one. Didn't even get a warning.

PA fag here, so your results may vary. I have gotten a DUI while under 21 with a suspended license (speeding), released in 2 hours. Got caught 3 times since driving while under DUI suspension and have not done any jail time. I got a citation and had to walk from where I was. Picked up my car later that day. Don't worry.

Thanks for wishing me luck b/ro. I really appreciate the support. And yeah you're right, this really does suck, I can't sleep. I mean I'm a law abiding citizen (for the most part) and they want to throw me in jail? They should spend their time catching the actual bad guys.

Fuck you retard. Not only did you not renew your licence you also dodnt fill in the forms for a lawyer. You learnt nothing from your first mistake.

Just be very respectful, judges get off on submission. Look meek, say yes sir/no ma'am, don't lie or try to nuance your phrasing and you'll probably just get a fine.

Be calm and take your licks.

Wow, that makes me feel a lot better. thanks for telling me that, really. If u got no jail time for that, I don't see why they'll lock me up for this. Unless I get a real dickhead for a judge (which would be my luck)

I have been popped for driving on suspended like 5 times in AZ and have never done any jail time. I also got popped with two eightballs of coke and didn't do any time, just got 18 months UNSUPERVISED probation. AZ is a badass state man... women, guns, drugs, it gets hot as hell out here in the wild west though.

I knew it was only a matter of time b/4 one of you assholes stopped by. Have a nice life being miserable.

This is true, also dressing up nice couldn't hurt to.

A guy i used to work with got a ticket for driving with an expired license (like 20 yrs), and only had to pay the ticket. You should be fine op

Let me add, when you look at the broad spectrum of crime, niggers killing cops, robbing liquor stores etc.. as opposed to driving on a suspended license, you get an idea of the level of seriousness of it. Every time I got popped from driving on a suspended, it was more of a joke to the cop, like "why didn't your dumbass just pay the fines?? Now you have more files es, haha" See what I'm sayin?

it's just a fine unless you're a repeat offender...suck it up faggot and go pay your due

if it is only classified as a class B misdemeanor where you are the judge will likely just suspend the sentence and give you a fine.

Where I live your drivers license doesn't expire until you turn 65...the only time you have to fuck with it is when you change addresses.

They don't give a shit about low-level repeat offenders. If you jaywalk 10 times, you still won't do time. There are only mandatory minimums on serious shit.

Go to the DMV and renew your shit right away, if you walk in there with your renewed license they will probably throw the case out.

check'd

stop that. making sense and such

this could be beneficial. at least shows initiative in your adherence to the law.

that varies state to state...in arizona that shit adds up...either way OP s colossal faggot and that's something we can all agree on

Act totally contrite and plead guilty because of poverty.
That's because you are, in fact, guilty and your only hope is
that the judge gives you a break on the fine out of sympathy.

I wish marriage licenses expired

No u

It is a photo based form of id so having up to date photos is probably the reasoning

I got caught driving without a license 3 times. All they want is your money. I had 6 months jail time hanging over my head but I had the means to pay fines, so they kept me out of jail. If you have a job, all they want is your money.

just got my license back 2 years ago after 10 years of suspension...been legit ever since. Godspeed user.

>driving without a license
>NEVER been in trouble with the law

don't break it then

enjoy jail time

I'm this guy.
Also do what this user says.
I accidentally left that part out.

american law is bullshit anyway

This. How else can the judge teach your dumb ass a lesson? Hopefully he will give you a big fine you will forget to pay. Then a bigger fine. Then nigger dick in your ass awaits.

Do The Crime, Serve The Time.

>10 years of suspension
HA HA

Start stretching your anus now so you don't bleed too much when your mates take turns with you.

you sound like a simpleton that can't fill forms in on time

better in jail, off the streets and not dragging society down