Sometimes when people don't understand the lyrics, they assume that they must be really deep

Sometimes when people don't understand the lyrics, they assume that they must be really deep.

But sometimes it just means the lyrics are stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gdeyhq2lYko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i have mixed feelings about dylan, first off i hate jews like a normal person, but some songs appear to be deep about death, existence and stuff and some are so cringe and gay that i cannot make my mind up. so i listen to just som of his songs but can never decide.

sometimes I think like with the watchtower that it is about a man realizing gradually that he is dead and in the afterlife, then I lose track, and just think man this makes no sense, I donĀ“t know maybe one of the few jews I wouldnt gas, and natalie portman, her I would just ass rape all day. and call her a filthy kike while I cum, but I digress.

HEY MR. TAMBOURINE MAN! GO FUCK YOURSELF! JINGLE-JANGLE, ASSHOLE!

Bob Dylan probably thinks less about the lyrics than anyone else.

this is true, that is what he always says but then again he is a jew so he cannot be trusted, i like his music lik 20% of it he rest is just crap especially the new sufff what the fuck old man die already and become a legend. DUH

how can he say it is not about drugs, well I thought Mr. tambourine was death itself so it is a bit confusing,

You must all be 12

40% garbage
40% smart poetry, clever melody
20% transcendent genius

why do you say this Mr. Zimmerman. I am not 12 you are just confusing, and this sounds about right:
40% garbage
40% smart poetry, clever melody
20% transcendent genius

I am the eggman. Wooh.
They are the eggmen. Woooh.
I AM THE WALRUS. KOO KOO KACHUU.

did he write this for the beatles. did he really introduce them to weed? or is all this bull.

The Beatles covered one of his songs, and George Harrison covered one or two on his solo albums.

He did introduce the Beatles to weed, but they probably would have bumped into it eventually anyway.

Mr. Tambourine Man is a reference to the Muses. Homer started every chant of his begging to the muses for inspiration. The song is just a modern Odyssey.

The times they are a changin' is a really good one

he must feel like he has lived many lives. so much time has passed and so much has changed over and over again. I like that idea. going through so many "phases".

"What could I possibly have done? You really want me to steer child populace back on beaten path?"

yeh, simplicity's exquisite

the odd thing here that with that it always seeems to apply yet nothing ever changes everthing is the same, maybe it is what he meant. the endless loop we live in.

>He did introduce the Beatles to weed, but they probably would have bumped into it eventually anyway.

He thought they were already turned on to weed. One other their early song had a line "I get high when I see you go by..." and he thought it was code, that's how musicians did it back in the day.

i like this. what is this from?

yes, but I am glad he did it really helped them become deeper. this is what drugs do-

Ok so there's this song called Lieah by a Band called Science Club.

I really like the song.

I cannot figure out if the song is about a girl/ex or a dog. It pisses me off.

You don't think the beatles had access to anything they wanted before meeting him. Read about their time in Germany. It was a free for all. This was just good PR for dylan

get out this is a dylan discussion thread you hipsterfag. die in a fire

No. Try to read the wiki article at least. I mean, do the bare minimum

I think it's basically saying that every generation acts the same way, and that the reason everyone doesn't like the new generation isn't becauase they're worse, but because they're acting the same way as they did sheen they were young, but with different cultural trends.

a person's brain, at least so far as I can tell

Meant for

This was before anyone would even dream of yelling "cultural appropriation" he stole and "was inspired" by the best sources.

Where exactly does it says it isn't? The style is influenced by symbolism, yes, but the theme is, as told in the same wiki, about the longing of inspiration, the longing of travel and adventures through music.

Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story
of that man skilled in all ways of contending,
the wanderer, harried for years on end

just listen to "hard rains gonna fall". lyrics like these are why he got the nobel prize. it's one of the most poetic texts ever written

Bob Dylan
>Wrote a song called Hurricane
>It was about Rueben 'Hurricane' Carter
>a pro boxer who was locked up for getting caught shooting people in a bar
>Dylan thought he was innocent/wrongfully accused cause he was black and wrote that song
>I PERSONALLY KNOW the dude who witnessed him shoot those people, refused to testify, got beat up by the Paterson Police, had to sit idly while people played that song or talked about the Denzel film and said NOTHING for fear of his life
>Basically perpetuated "Oh its trendy to make songs about incarcerated people? Oh there's a chance its racially motivated? This is a no brainer for my career AND we can make white people feel like racists."

Yeah, Im no hipster. But I'd rather be a hipster than an arrogant, folk-loving faggot 40 years too late.

Enjoy your lyrics.

He hasn't won the nobel, just been nominated for it. There's a difference.

Nah he actually won it

youtube.com/watch?v=gdeyhq2lYko
Oh, where have you been
My blue-eyed son?
And where have you been
My darling young one?
I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
I've walked and I crawled on six crooked highways
I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests
I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans
I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard
Oh, what did you see
My blue-eyed son?
And what did you see
My darling young one?
I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it
I saw a white ladder all covered with water
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken
And what did you hear
My blue-eyed son?
And what did you hear
My darling young one?
I heard the sound of the thunder that roared out a warning
I heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world
I heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin'
I heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter
Oh, what did you meet
My blue-eyed son?
And who did you meet
My darling young one?
I met a young child beside a dead pony
I met a young woman, her body was burning
I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow
I met one man who was wounded in love
I met another man who was wounded in hatred
And what'll you do now
My blue-eyed son?
And what'll you do now
My darling young one?
I'm a-goin' back out 'fore the rain starts a-fallin'
I'll walk to the depths of the deepest dark forest
Where the pellets of poison are flooding their waters
Where their home in the valley meets the damp dirty prison
And the executioner's face is always well-hidden
Where hunger is ugly, where the souls are forgotten
Where black is the color, where none is the number
And I'll tell it and speak it and think it and breathe it
And reflect from the mountains so all souls can see it
And I'll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin'
But I'll know my song well before I start singing

>implying Bob Dylan didn't write some of the best lyrics ever

You should neck yourself friend.

And Im out.

FUCK YOU BOB DYLAN. Mush mouthed dipshit.

Thank you. God damnit.

Nobel prize. Wtf. I've seen deeper lyrics from Van Morrison, and that fucker was drunk like 95% of his entire career.