WTF was that?

WTF was that?

Visionary, Extraordinary & Unsettling, A Classic

It's the pretentious autist litmus test. If anyone tells you it was good or that you """didn't understand it""" you know you can go ahead and disregard their opinion on just about anything

Did the rapey parts trigger you?

cool bro

why? I found it pretentious failed work I mean theres no substance

Perhaps the great example of fine cinema every imagined and realised in the post modern age.

It is good. What didn't you understand about it?

>why? I found it pretentious failed work I mean theres no substance

Are you dense? It's written on the poster.

Best sci fi movie of the decade.

>What didn't you understand about it?
Why it was such a terrible film and how anyone thought greenlighting it was a good idea.

it was some pretty good fap material + it was an interesting watch

One of the best films of the decade senpai

sorry bro lmao

this guys from dissolve are pretty mad

I understood everything there was to understand in the film. The problem is, I came on here and saw people discussing things there was no possible way of knowing from the film alone. You need to have either read the book or read things online to know what was happening

people saying it was "2deep" are as dumb as people saying it was pretentious

It was a 7/10 movie, cool how some of the scenes were unscripted, pretty simple message

The film is a pretty loose adaptation of the book though.
There are only just a few things that make a little more sense once you've read the book, like the meat conveyor belt in the movie is human meat.

yeah but it still a bit pretentious. I think its a 7/10 too. I enjoyed watching it but I don't get too much from it. Scarlett Johansson does a great work

>Visionary, Extraordinary & Unsettling, A Classic
The Dissolve, Under The Skin

>It's shit
The Dissolve, Batman v Superman

well they are right maybe
under the skin its pretty weird though
some art pretentious accolades too

The dead woman at the beginning of the film is another ScarJo bot. That is why the white van is already parked on the road by her body. She likely had a similar emotional arc to the ScarJo bot featured in the film, resulting in her own death. The bots are probably expected to ultimately malfunction by their handlers, resulting in an endless cycle of being born, suffering, and dying.

Heat is frequently used as a metaphor for intimacy which ScarJo spends the entire movie searching for. People often ask if she is cold. She inspects her body in a heat lamp. In her search for intimacy, she ends up raped. In her search for heat, she ends up immolated.

Disrobing is used as a metaphor for revealing the true self. Clothing is another layer of skin that covers what is really inside. ScarJo wears a fur coat, which is literally the skin of an animal. In the end she becomes truly exposed, removing even her skin.

>that scene where that guy sees the skin of the other guy and also loses all of his innards in an instant
Everyone should watch it just for that, if nothing else.

I just want some tits

why do yu thing she was a bot. in the novel she was an alien.

no, the music made that movie. without it , the movie would lose half of its appeal.

Kino

Scarlett Johanssen goes mean & lean, user (笑´・艸・) Kek. It's shame that she didn't get any kind of recognition for this performance.

>recognition for this performance
well, she got an established position in scifi world.

One of the most boring films I've ever seen in my life.

It starts off bretty captivating and engaging too, but it doesn't really go anywhere at all.

Was cool that ScarJo actually spoke to real people during the van scene near the beginning though, surprised she wasn't recognised.

I liked the beginning a lot, the soundtrack is cool and there are some nice visuals.

It's an interesting concept and it kept my attention the entire time. But it wasn't amazing or anything

66%

add some % to it for cool bike scenes

You're totally right

also some % for realistic akward sex scenes.

This is one of her best roles. Sadly... people will only remember her for the nudes.

>I found it pretentious failed work I mean theres no substance
I don't want to be that guy, but you didn't feel like that was intentional? the film was called 'under the skin' and concerned entirely with appearance and aesthetic over substance, the 'substance' underneath was too ineffable and too alien to make sense of beyond violence and insatiable hunger.