Sup Forums, you have a go

Sup Forums, you have a go

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=12330939#post12330939
youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4Jdv0OThM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GOOOOLD

Indeed

I've been watching SG-1 lately. Just started season 2. It's comfy as hell.

Go-Ah-Ew-Ld

I just finished it the other day. Rip in piece comfiness.

golewd!

It really is but luckily it's highly re-watchable so whenever you need some comfy sci-fi you've got Stargate

My biggest gripe about SG1 is that Carter and O'Neil were never a thing. The chemistry between them was unrelenting.

Did the show runners ever mention why?

They were career military. That's all that needed to be said.

But after he retired... It hurts my heart they'll never be together

O'Niell never retired on screen.

I bet you they would have been fucking like mad on Odyssey if RDA was in the finale instead of Landry like it clearly should have been.

I just didn't feel it. You could tell the fans forced them to do a bit of shipping in the later seasons but there was just nothing there to work with. It worked in the x-files but failed in Sg1.

i've watched it like 10 time(the entire series) and it's about lost it re-watchableness to me. Now i'm on to atlantis. not quite as comfy but still good. The first season is kinda rough imo, which by the way pisses me off. Why the hell did they cancel SGU??? The first season or two of most sci fi shows are a bit rocky, why didn't they give it a damn chance

Because people didn't want a space opera, they wanted sci-fi and by the time the writers caught on to this the execs had cancelled it.

I don't remember shipping towards oneils end but I do recall it from the outset. They always made googoo eyes and were awkward around each other.

hmmm am i the only one that liked SGU? I thought it was a good show

Yeah for what it did I wasn't a fan. I felt there were better space operas out there to invest my time in but not enough general sci-fi. Maybe i'll d/l them and give it another shot but I doubt my opinion will change

I liked it too, it sucks that it got cancelled

I mean, i'm not saying it was a 10/10 show or anything, i just enjoyed it. I have a hard time finding very many good sci-fi shows to watch and it was decent. Especially space sci fi shows.

I just wish they would have given it a few more seasons to see where it went

yes yes, well done glassner and wright, well done

HOWEVER

>I just wish they would have given it a few more seasons to see where it went

Same. Even though I disliked it, cancelling a show without allowing it a conclusion just to save a few $$$ is moronic. Especially when things like Supergirl get greenlit for more seasons when they're best ratings were as bad.

was rush the best part of stargate universe?

They wanted to bring RDA, but already ran out of budget.

I cant stand to watch SGU, all this Teenie Actors Drama bullshit really killed it for me

Second best

chloe was pretty qt though

Christopher Judge is fucking hilarious. He should have been in more work.

Put him in the new Star Trek as a Klingon.

Chloe was worst SG-waifu. I'd put that hiccup tech in front of her.

Same. When they space opera, they really meant it. Complete with kids, pregnant bitches, romances, etc. Just didn't feel like it had anything to do with Stargate.

It felt really weird to have such a comedic universe suddenly become so dark and boring

Would you guys like it if they made a new series set after all 3 others?

What about a remake of Stargate the movie?

Who would you cast as Jackson, Oneal, Skarra, Shiaori and Ra?

Hiccups was kind of cute in small doses. Like it whenever she had to talk to Hermiod.

To me it wasn't that it was dark, because SG1 and Atlantis had some dark moments, it was that it was in every episode. SG1 and Atlantis had them spread out through their seasons

>What about a remake of Stargate the movie?

already happening

>so dark
Literally. Didn't that have some fucking lamps or something?

Didn't want to believe you but it's true.

Jesus christ the same writers from ID4 Resurgence.

I liked ID4 but it was pretty flawed and tame. I don't want the same thing to happen to this trilogy

leave this thread before you get spoiled mah boi.

SGU tried to be a poor imitation of BSG

Comfy indeed

i liked SGU better personally

Comfy

As

Fuck

fail. he should have raped carter during that time loop

Unscheduled offworld activation! Repeat, unscheduled offworld activation!

I would love a new series in the same universe. Miss these characters so much.

I'm at s4, the episode where daniel gets the genetic memory of the goowawoold and nukes russia to shit is pretty damn gud

I wish Ba'al was in more episodes. He deserves his own show tbqh

There was a chance that would have ended the loop.

>meet advanced civ
>c'mon man give us weapons

>meet inferior civ
>no we cant give you weapons

It is about time for a BluRay release of the show.

Apparently it's in the works and will be released on some anniversary or whenever Emmerich releases his Stargate reboot or some shit like that.

Can't wait.

>Apparently it's in the works

got any source on that? because i call bullshit
the poor sales on the TNG blurays will deter them from doing this for Stargate, especially since SG-1 is infinitely more effects-heavy, so that's a lot of additional money that would have to be poured into it

forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=12330939#post12330939

We, uh, need c4 to uproot the stumps.

If they made a new tv show and it was presumably set now (like the others were) how would it even work? Would earth have just been fucking around for 5 years doing nothing or what?

Stargate had the best logic for why the universe was full of humans.

Oh shit. I hope it's done well like TNG and they don't fuck it up in some way.

finished few months ago, I watch it every year
SGA was complete trash

the time loop one has always been my favorite, followed closely by the ones about Chaka

Literally nothing wrong with this way of thinking in matters of war. Hypocrisy doesn't matter. Self-interest is everything.

>SGA was complete trash
I really like watching the show. But everytime I think about it I keep finding more and more things I dislike about it. I swear after 5 seasons they barely achieved anything and nothing happened. They barely introduce many reoccurring characters or races or anything. I don't know what they were doing all that time.

>SG-1 is coming to BR

>Replicator isn't race

RAYCIS

SGA was ok, Universe was trash.

so much potential with the wraith man

No way! Really?

Only thing about SGA I don't like is

>Michael

That nigga had way too many episodes.

todd was also way overused eventually as le epic meme wraith buddy

I think he was fine until he was all

>muh teylas child
>muh hybrids

He should have died like 2 episodes before he did.

Yeah, after they blew up replicator homeworld halfway through S4 it was downhill. Writers were running dry or something.

Yeah hated those episodes too.

SG1 was good, thats it, stop liking SGA or SGU

This.

Never liked SGU anyway

sga was comfy

What's your favorite episode in the franchise? For me, it's gotta be the mid-season two-parter in the first season of Atlantis. Sheppard doing his best Rambo impression is some God-Tier comfort.

It's probably not my favourite episode but I have a soft spot for nightwalkers for some reason.

SGA before they reestablish contact with Earth is the pinnacle of sci-fi tv not even trolling.

Window of Opportunity, but for the sake of not stating the obvious, I'll go with 2010. I'm a sucker for AU stories and this one did a good job with the team dynamic.

SGA was great. Romney makes it gold.

Sales shmales. Poor sales of TNG doesn't mean there will be no more remasters of anything ever again.

We might never see a remaster of DS9 because of that but SG1 has apparently been in the works for a while now, long before the sales numbers for TNG were known, too much money and effort was put into it already to cancel it.

It will happen eventually, most likely on the 20th anniversary or whenever the reboot comes out, maybe later but it will happen.

Man, I loved the first season of SGA. The way it balanced the characters with the need to survive and the individual episode arcs was just sublime. It's true sci-fikino.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4Jdv0OThM

Arguably the greatest finale of all time.
>8 seasons of hyping how great the Goaul'd ships are
>the Tau'ri struggling through the entire show to becoming more powerful
>finally mostly control most of the galaxy by subduing the galactic threat
>even having built two of their own ships
>new enemy shows up
>they're on the level of the Ancient
>indestructible shields
>everyone's getting destroyed
>Teal'c arrives with reinforcement
>doesn't do shit
>everyone's dead
>season ends

Like, holy fucking shit.
I still love the Ori, even if the show didn't get a chance to expand how much of a threat they were. If the show had been given two more seasons, everyone would've loved S9 and S10.

>Sheppard doing his best Rambo impression is some God-Tier comfort.

I think the best part of that is when the Geni take over Atlantis and Shepard has to one man army the entire operation.
>killing 80 people with the press of a button
That was so good.

>If the show had been given two more seasons, everyone would've loved S9 and S10.
I feel the same way. I've never seen a scifi show that didn't have a kind of weak first season. And that's essentially what s9 and 10 were due to the retool.

Yeah. Exactly. That scene when they are watching the tracker, and the Genii disappear one by one. It's just perfect.

The problem is that, by the end of SG-1, the Tau'ri could shit-slap pretty much anyone with their giant Asgard death rays. The power curve for the humans is kind of absurd.

>mfw Sausage Party had a Stargate

Overall, Season 10 was just great fun.
If you consider that one point of in the Ark of Truth movie, there's a point where the IOA are so fucking scared that the Ori will destroy everything that they release the Replicators in an attempt to destroy the Ori.
Magic versus robots. The thought alone boggles my mind. Or having the Wraith offering to help. A multi Galatic war across multiple races and factors. With the Tau'ri in the middle, hoping every side kills each other.

But no, syfy had to cancel the show.
Fuck them.

>If the show had been given two more seasons, everyone would've loved S9 and S10.
Yeah, no.

9 and 10 were bad because Browder and Claudia Black were fucking terrible. I don't know if it was just obnoxious characters or bad writing. Maybe both. People keep telling me Farscape is good, but I don't think I can stomach after watching them destroy SG-1. Also Beau Bridges was really fucking irritating.

Ba'al was literally the only good thing about 9 and 10.

>comfy
Does comfy mean boring and cliche after a few seasons. Because that what I felt watching SG-1 at the time. Especially when they start introducing goa'uld from others mythologies.

Admittedly, they should've never gotten that technological boost from the Asgard.

>The power curve for the humans is kind of absurd.
In ten years or so, they went from barely being able to defend their planet from two ships to having multiple ZPM, a flying city, two of their own ships, an entire archive of superior alien tech and culture, as well as controlling two galaxies and having conquered two races that destroyed the Ancients.

That record speaks for itself. Humans are fucking efficient.

>People keep telling me Farscape is good, but I don't think I can stomach after watching them destroy SG-1.

Farscape is better than SG-1 simply due to its superior writing.

Browder and Black's characters in Farscape are also polar opposites. Browder is in his element in Farscape and is batshit insane while Claudia Black plays a hardcore space commando.

>Farscape is better than SG-1 simply due to its superior writing.
Rygel, pls go.

Can't get into SG! seasons 9 and 10. No RDA, changed stargete wormhole effect (WHY?!) No thanks.

I liked it and got bored by SG-1 after 6 or 7 seasons and never really liked Atlantis.
I think I liked it because it wasn't like the others SG shows which is probably the reason why it got cancelled.

>Also Beau Bridges was really fucking irritating.
Nah, he was fine. He just couldn't compare with Hammond of Texas.

Browder and Claudia were good.

Get the frell out of here.

If you ignore the new cast members, and pay attention to the original three and Ba'al, you might like it.

but probably not

>Nah, he was fine. He just couldn't compare with Hammond of Texas.
So in other words, he was shit.

>Browder and Claudia were good.
No

>cancelling a show without allowing it a conclusion just to save a few $$$ is moronic.
I think I prefer an open ending like they did where you just know they will continue their journey (or die) rather than a forced ending which try to conclude everything and is not satisfactory.

Casting Browder and Black was such an obvious attempt to please the people pissed off that Farscape got canned.