Imagine being this much of a cunt

imagine being this much of a cunt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oX68kMWmq5c
scaruffi.com/vol7/west.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's right tho. There is literally no artist Scaruffi hasn't rated accurately.

He gave Kid A the same rating as Pablo Honey.

>muh radiohead
It's a pop band, treated as such
Not much science there sweetie

>The solid pop arrangement of Astro Lounge (Interscope, 1999) projects the band in a different sphere. All Star, Then The Morning Comes, Diggin' Your Scene boast impeccable melodies and a baroque sound that recall the heydays of psychedelia, while Waste showed the adult, sentimental side of the songwriters.

>sweetie

You're still retarded for thinking the two albums are of equal quality pedoshill

Bad

youtube.com/watch?v=oX68kMWmq5c

He likes some pop.

>industrial rock>actual industrial
this is my most hated opinion of his

>Metal Machine Music - 7.5
>It's real

I understand it's a largely influential album but that doesn't mean it's a good album

MMM is a good album you fucking pleb

Nah
Creep is a fantastic song, Sup Forums tends to forget that due to its popularity
Kid A definitely has some failed experiments

MMM is the sonic equivalent of two fridge compressors fucking in a folgers can

t. summerfag pleb who cant appreciate noise

scaruffi.com/vol7/west.html

he doesnt rate music from the point of enjoyment like most of the critics do, especially fantano
he takes music as a form of art, and he rates it from the point of artistic merit

How do you explain his Radiohead ratings then

Nigga it's basically Les Rallizes Dénudés without a backing band and out-of-tune shitty vocals
RYM cum themselves when you mention Keiji Haino or Hadaka no Rallizes, but they give 2.5 to MMM. It's bullshit.

>xddd noise is not music

Damn those are very high ratings

whats wrong about them? both the most influential and the least conventional radiohead albums got 7s from him

true. every time I see Nail called one of the best ""industrial"" albums I curse at him

But the rest industrial album according to him is the modern dance

*best

Radiohead sucks

Not him, but why should anyone appreciate full on noise? It makes sense in the context of industrial and musique concrete, but why should one sit through a Merzbow album?

>Presumably when RCA first got handed the record they must have generally been horrified, but was there anyone in your corner?

>LR: I had the president of RCA in my corner. I mean the idea was not to put it out as a rock record and to let people know it was electronic and it didn't have songs on it. It was going to be released under their Red Seal imprint as a classical record. But then they put it out as a rock & roll album, with a rock & roll sleeve. Well, it was taken off the market in three weeks, it had the highest levels of returns of any record ever released. And record stores said that they would never carry any of my records ever again. And that was the end of me. That's what happened.

Lmao what a pretentious faggot

>Drukqs
>5/10

This legitimately upsets me. Who is so blind that they cannot see the level of artistry behind that record? God fucking dammit. It deserves a 7/10 at worst for the level of originality alone.

Kill all Scaruffi drones

AFX babbies are _this_ delusional, lmfao.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy noise and industrial; I just don't believe MMM is a very well constructed album, especially because it was made to be as shitty as possible.

to be fair he is a "rock" critic

Decent bait, made me reply

Because shitty pseudo-experimental musique concrete tracks and kitschy Satie imitations are so original, right?

Stick to your drill and (b)ass kiddo.

wow, downvoted.

Feel free to stop any time.

Good argument.

Same progression all the album
>piano ballad
>drum & bass (sometimes with le weird samples)
>repeat till 1 hour

All of the "piano" stuff is recorded using prepared instruments through plate and spring reverbs and such. It is experimental but also sentimental. Also, the "drum & bass" arrangements are objectively original sounding and fantastically produced. I don't know what else you want. It's like you can't even appreciate art if you're actively trying to shit on an album like Drukqs. Is this the appeal of being a critic? Is it the ultimate exercise in desperate contrarianism?

''Well, anyone who gets to side four is dumber than I am''
-Lou Reed on MMM

Nah it's just overrated
His best will always be SAW 1

While I love that record, I completely disagree. SAW 1 was teenaged scribbles. Drukqs was a mature, calculated work

well the artist didn't like it so it's automatically bad!!!111!!!!!1!!!!1111!!!!!

How the fuck is it teenaged scribbles?

>Selected Ambient Works 85-92
>Richard born in 1971
>Selected Ambient Works created when he was 16 to 23

>It's a pop band, treated as such
>gave a Jim Steinman side project an 8.5
>gave Jagged Little Pill an 8

lol poor little noise fag, go to bed sweetie.

I wish I was clever enough to think of that comeback!

Absolute fucking plebeians who think MMM is good noise music. End your fucking lives you poseur faggots. This is why actual noise fans are seen as pretentious, I hope you absolute fuckers are happy.

Pere Ubu is Avant Garde Proto Punk. A few good tracks, the rest is novelty tripe. Pere Ubu hasn't aged well.

>This is why actual noise fans are seen as pretentious
I think it's more that they like listening to noise actually.

I mean it's not the best noise I've heard but it has a nice little droney quality to it that you don't normally get with analog noise. also, if you want noise fans to seem pretentious then continue to bitch about people liking popular albums from the genre sir

cringe noise fans owned

MMM was a prank. A good one.

the level of originality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>sweetie

>Who is so blind that they cannot see
>listening to music with your eyes

Is he aware a bunch of autists on a weeaboo site worship his blog posts?

7/10 and even 6.5/10 are not that bad coming from Scaruffi, those ratings are not akin to similar scores given by Fantano or P4K.

You have to add one point to Scaruffi scores to get a rating on a normal non autistic scale

Actually it'd be from 14. You suck at maths.

> selected ambient works volume II
> 6.5 / 10

>Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works 1985-92 (1992) and Selected Ambient Works Volume II (1994) were experiments in ambient house and abstract electronic/concrete composition. They were childish and antiquated (and perhaps a joke on music critics)

>people getting butthurt at scaruffi's opinions

he's not a music critic, he's more interested in history and philosophy, try to read what he writes from that angle

Both SAW 1 and Drukqs are garbage. You were supposed to grow out of Aphex Twin by the time you graduated from high school.

He is objectively right

Does he ever mention what music format does he listen to? I cant imagine him buying a physical copy for all the stuff he rates.

in the interview i did with him he mentioned he listens to most stuff in the car, and if he finds it worth more listening he listens at home

also i believe he gets sent a lot of stuff, so I imagine it's almost entirely digital

if it's influential then it's good you enormous faggotron

>he listens to most stuff in the car
oh my god I hope to fucking god this isn't true

Who cares about what this guy think? He only listens to the records once. He doesn't like music, he just want to create an encyclopedia to satisfy his autistic urges.

Is drill and bass imitating drum and bass for papa, btw?

you realize 7 is a 'must buy' for him, right? unlike every reviewer ever (including the dipshit youtubers you watch) his rating system isn't actually inflated

>it's an user thinks scaruffi rates albums like IGN rates games episode

Drones.

Somewhere on that page he says something i really agree with
he says something like 'Aphex Twin's samples make the music feel like an inside joke that you're not part of, and makes it feel pointlessly esoteric"

>he believes anything Reed has said in public

It sounds good. It might sound dumb to call it "agressive ambient", but that really does fit

you mean two 7.5s is too much?

babbys first IDM gets mediocre ratings
babbys first "experimental" rock gets mediocre ratings

honestly no surprises there

If it's an "actual noise fan", how can they be pretentious? Doesn't pretentious stem from pretending to enjoy something? If you're an "actual" noise fan, then you're not pretending.

He said that tweez changed rock forever

that's not what pretentious means at all

K, I'm just stupid

Scaruffi has never been wrong

Kill yourself

Lord if only we could see his Humanz review. Lmfao

Based

modern dance shows slight flashes of proto-industrial at points, but it is in no way an industrial album wtf

He prefers Autechre.

Throbbing Gristle's Second Annual Report? Seriously? I'm aware that he's a contrarian, but even though the album is influential, the only track worth listening to is Slug Bait.

My man

" isn't Inflated"

But a 7/10 is a C. Aka how the average student is doing in any academic class. For something to be a must-buy it should be above average.

A Scaruffi 7 isn't a C by any means.

I mean he's right, it's just generic ambient, nothing special

are you retarded? it's not the grading system you dumb faggot