Anyone else think Rogue One looks like shit?

>shitty CGI
>dumb script
>bad acting
>poorly executed lines
>to the average movie goer the movie take place literally when
But yet it'll probably still get at least an 80 and certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>to the average movie goer the movie take place literally when

At least 95% of people who know what movies are have an understanding of the Star Wars timeline.

Read the comment section on the newest trailer
>youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY
Most people are confused thinking this takes place after Force Awakens and some are even complaining about a third death star

For all intents and purposes it is a third death star, new star wars is fucking creatively bankrupt to the extreme

I wouldn't consider the Youtube comments section a good indicator of the general public.

saw the trailer in theaters and actually it looked pretty badass. but we can pretend capeshit is better if ya wanna :)

Don't forget casting Felicity Jones, who looks at least 8 years older than her age.

completely agreed. it still looks like a fun movie to watch, but if they do another death star in the future I'm completely done with the franchise.

i know that's the equivalent of "if I get one more dick up my ass, I'm out of here" but whatever, they can still be cool to look at despite being rehashes.

Watching it for Donnie Yen

Just the battlefield for me. I expected something a lot more grim.

I am hoping to see based Peter Cushing in it.

They said they will CGI him in.

Or maybe it is

I was actually going to say just that, so at least you admit it. I gave them too much of a benefit of the doubt on VII, and wont be seeing or buying any star wars shit in the future. Which is awful because I genuinely enjoy me some star wars

Have to admit i knew nothing about this and thought the next Star Wars was going to be following TFA.

So when i saw the trailer and CGI a couple of weeks back i thought this was some sort of fan film.
Had to google it and find out its a standalone SW film.

yeah other people feel this way but I feel like the movie is going to be enjoyable. I am a sucker for star wars action and shit tho so I guess I am a pleb

Like all movies that come out, I hope it's good.

I kind of like the grungy future (inb4 it's not the future) aesthetic Star Wars had, so I lwouldn't mind it being good.

That said, I'm really not a Star Wars fan, so I really have no interest in seeing it.

>highschool-art-tier poster

>wont be seeing or buying any star wars shit in the future. Which is awful because I genuinely enjoy me some star wars
We can do it user. I know it.

"A Star Wars Story" sounds so fucking retarded.

Why do execs think you have to put the Brand Name in there?

The Dark Knight wasn't subtitled "A Batman Story" and it did fine. Everyone knew it was about Batman.

Im finding it quite easy. All this new stuff has been unmitigated trash, and there's no reason to think it's going to get better

>Which is awful because I genuinely enjoy me some star wars

No you fucking don't you nu-male faggot

Could we get a starwars movie without a galaxy ending superweapon after this?

How has anything ive said indicated I'm a nu male, nu males love this new tripe. Do you want to fucking go you little shit eater?

It's looking like a really awful failure.
And the fact that they are reshooting most scenes with a different director, shows that Disney knows how bad it's going to be.

It will break easily a billion in the boxoffice just by being a Star Wars movie, but it will harm the franchise.

No.

I find it absolutely bizarre how they like to keep doing the first and third movies when the second is really the only GOAT film in the entire series.

Is it because Empire is too specific to rehash?

They're trying to differentiate from the Saga films to build the star wars anthology series as a brand. Remember, this is Disney's long-term plan for the franchise, Disney needs this movie to be a smash hit, TFA making 2 billion was a given.

t.riggered nu-male

>badass
Shut the duck up gearbox

No, it unironically looks great.

suck my cock Sup Forumsedditer

Didn't that Monsters guy direct it?

I mean, I like the idea of new blood getting to direct, but isn't he too new for something that they want to be popcorn trash?

I guess he did Godzilla, which was okay. I really liked the seven minutes Godzilla and Bryan Cranston were in it.

You're obviously afraid of me, have a (you)

Yeah, no.
When it's out and the hype is real you'll see it.

I found this picture

>Projecting your own personal weaknesses on others

Must you user, must you?

REMEMBER THAT DEATHSTAR FROM 5 DIFFERENT MOVIES AND ANIMATED SERIESES?! GUESS WHAT, YOU GONNA SEE IT FUCKING AGAIN!

The problems with Godzilla were with the script and the acting, not the directing. I hated the movie, but it really had some visually stunning sequences that perfectly captured the massive scale of the monsters.

>grungy
>future
Is this bait?

I don't want to see it, because there are no lightsaber duels or Jedi.

Seriously what the fuck is with that poster

Hue

"We know we don't need to really try with any aspect because this garbage will rake in money."

That's exactly what's up

They seriously want you to realize it's Star Wars.

I guess Disney thinks people are literally too retarded to realize it's about Star Wars, despite it being in the title.

>Make sure you put a Giant Death Star and a dozen Storm Troopers on the Poster

Don't fucking speak to me again, fake fan

Did I breach your autism sphere you little bitch? This movie is going to suck my hairy balls and so are you

t.riggered numale

>unironically judging a book by its cover

Want to tell the class what makes someone a "real" star wars fan? Mindlessly consuming anything with the label, I am guessing?

We're done here. You get no more (You)s from me.

Consider this mercy, millennial.

I thought it looked pretty good