Got a letter from the Judge Judy show

Today I got a letter from the Judge Judy show about them being interested about getting me on their show regarding a lawsuit I filed for small claims, and wondering if this would be a good idea as opposed to going to court. I also want to know if I would have to drop the actual lawsuit to appear on the show, and if I lose on the show, would I be able to reopen a lawsuit using a regular court? I live in California if that makes any difference.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1ILbs_CMLvg
youtube.com/watch?v=sSUXTFceilo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Two seconds of google shows that it's a bad idea.

sounds fun go for it

It depends. Is it a stupid lawsuit?
Because usually when those on tv have mind bogglingly stupid lawsuits.

you'd have to be literally gay not to.

if you think you're going to win the show will pay out the settlement so you don't have to dick around with the other party

Judge Judy is arbitration, a private court.

Both participants in the trial sign a contract agreeing to respect the court's decision in arbitration.

Basically you're at the whim of Judge Judy's opinions.

pic of op

fuck yea nigga ... even if you win in a normal court it will be years before you see that money

this is once in a lifetime thing you won't get again

Is that show STILL on?

youtu.be/1ILbs_CMLvg

That's what I'm thinking since the guy I'm suing claimed he went bankrupt which makes me think I may not even get the money if I win in court. But I also want to know if I can still sue him after the show since I read stories of people losing despite the law being on their side because it made for better television.

>lawsuit I filed for small claims
So it's like what, $200 you are pursuing? I think the show compensates you even if you lose.

No, you can't sue again. That's the point of arbitration.

Do it for memes, user.

Depends. Are you a morbidly obese, unemployed, white trash subhuman subsisting entirely on undeserved disability benefits suing your former landlord for evicting you after your pitbull broke through your chicken wire fence and attacked your black neighbor's kid?

Nigga, isn't that just like real court

I'm suing for $1000

you can't sue again but i say go for it ... it aint like you got nothing to lose

beside it will be fun and far better then dealing with real courts

you get paid from 250 and up just for appearing on the show

Lol no I'm an engineer at a major tech company

>A claim can be made for up to $5,000, and the award for each judgment is paid by the producers. On top of this, both the plaintiff and the defendant receive an appearance fee that has reportedly ranged between $100-$500. A daily wage of $35 per litigant is paid, as well as airfare and hotel expenses for the duration of the show’s taping for that particular week (typically 2-3 days).

its a free vacation and you get to be on tv

that defeats the purpose of suing some cunt who you want to be out of pocket due to their cuntiness.

In real courts you can appeal decisions down the line, arbitration's are final.

lol this nigga gon lose alot of money in taxes because Sup Forums told him to go on judge judy

At least shout us out if you do it

no one says you wont win.

but you kinda already won if you went on the show since you will pay like half of that 1k in fees in the real court system

>claimed he went bankrupt
>the guy I'm suing

well gee if he said so it must be true

no you wont

>shoutout to us
i can see it now
>OP tricks judge judy into calling him a big guy just so he can reply 4u

The show is paying for all the expenses and that including taxes

>you will never get paid $40 million a year to yell at poor people

Pro tip: Judge Judy's production company will pay the damages for you if you can't pay

this

do it! do it motherfucker!

Judge Study's still on air?

>Easy to film
>No need to pay participants
>Nice and easy

i have seen too much court tv

"stories of people losing despite the law being on their side because it made for better television"

So the Arbitrator is not acting appropriately.

That is grounds for appeal.

Oh, gawd, please this!

The judge deciding your case isn't a meme of a reality tv show, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=sSUXTFceilo

You should go, they pay you $500 for just appearing on the show.

Google around for that article that showed that Judge Judy basically pays off both parties. Seems a pretty good deal so long as you're sure you look like the good guy, if you care about that.

It's a good idea as long as you're not asked to make an ass of yourself on television in a way that might damage your career prospects.
If you appear on the show, you're guaranteed a set amount of money and if you win you'll get even more. There's a reason so many people agree to be on this shit show.

Remember to do the CIA power stance on TV and use the terms "big guy","no shurvivorsh" and "master plan"

Do it, you get a free trip to NYC and wont pay anything out of pocket to settle your case. Except for maybe some dignity.

Tell JJ "you're a big guy" if you go one the show.

>OP you may now come to the front of the court
>yell "PEPAY!" at her

I heard it works this way: Both parties get 5K for showing up. Whatever settlement is reached (maximum amount being $5,000) comes out of the guilty parties check. So they have nothing to really lose for showing up.

Its almost like a game show.

if you do go on the show, make sure you bring any papers and evidence you have so Judy doesn't belittle you. And make sure you answer her exact questions accurately.

>I wanted to be on the show, but I was concerned with the condition that I didn't get to bring friends. The people I wanted to bring on are not my friends. Why would you want them?,They are in fact vital witnesses to my case, so you shouldn't have to pay them extra to appear, i.e. no charge for them.

>It's important to me to have my case heard on Judge Judy because it's important that I am the bigger guy, the first one to talk, and to get my story across in both a legal context and the court of public opinion. I think that it's clear that once my side of the story is heard, that the defendant's story won't fly so good, and once this is made clear on television, any future business associates won't want to try next at failing to uphold a contract.

>On your show, at least [the defendant] can talk, but it'll be clear that it doesn't matter who he is, but what matters is his plan to defraud me out of the disputed amount. I even have evidence that he attempted to break into my house and steal the evidence for this civil case, at which point I reported it to the police and my civil case seems to be being taken more seriously. That is to say, nobody cared who I was until he put on his mask. I also am interested in filing criminal charges separately.

>I think that the greatest virtue of the justice system is that justice is blind. It doesn't matter who we are. At the same time, I am convinced of the justice of my case and I am also of the opinion that if the defendant manages to pull this off, I'll die, or at least that it'll be extremely painful.

This and try avoiding talking unnecessarily unless spoken to. The amount of people that can't keep their shit together never ceases to amaze me.

Do the show and dress like CIA

AHHH FOR FUCKS SAKE SHUT THE FUCK UP NIGGER. YOU FUCKING SUBHUMAN SHIT. YOU AND YOUR IMPROPER USE OF GRAMMAR AND SHIT TIER SLANG. YOUR FUCKING CULTURE IS THE WORST FUCKING ASPECT OF AMERICAN URBAN LIFE. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO GODDAMN INSUFFERABLE EVERY FUCKING DAY. ALL THE TIME 24/7 I HAVE TO HEAR YOU BUTCHER THE LANGUAGE WE SPEAK WITH TRIBAL TIER EBONICS. WHAT IS IT WITH YOU BLUE LIPPED MOON CRICKETS?! DO YOU ALL JUST GET TOGETHER EVERY SUNDAY MORNING AND DISCUSS HOW TO FURTHER FUCK UP THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE? FUCK. LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH YOU SHAVEN APE.

naahh

>A THOUSAND DOLLARS

TRIPS CONFIRM OP YOU HAVE TO DO IT