Is this kino?

Is this kino?

claire danes ruined it

leo was fine

I thought it was pretty good. but I saw it in the theater with my 15 year old gf. and we both had read half of shakespears' plays due to ap/gt.

Watched that in High school after having read the play. Something about the way Juliet screams/cries when Romeo is dead had the entire class laughing. Never saw a teacher get so mad

clairefags are too easily upset.

tell them Homeland is a joke since s2 and you wont hear the end of it

they dragged out the brody plot line too long, but it really improved with s4.

Claire Danes in this was one of my first crushes.
>that brief close up of her foot during the pool scene
Many faps.

she looked cute af in r+j, but her acting was pretty bad

its amazing how cute canadian girls are before their canuck traits fully develop

I liked Pestguizamo as Tybalt.

Exact same thing happened with us. Female teacher just exploded at the class about laughing at someone who was "in so much pain."

Don't suppose you went to Highschool in San Antonio?

This movie was shit, there was this pointless aquarium that lets everybody see the urinals.

Watch the 1960's version. Far superior.

john leguizamo's best role imo

hated the presentation and modernization. Shakespeare is fine as is just leave it alone stop trying to do crazy shit with it.

Kenneth Branaugh's stuff is still the best. Julie Taymor has some good adaptations as well. I also really enjoyed the Hollow Crown.

but fuck Baz and fuck this movie.

Branagh is directing a theatre production of R+J at the Garrick in London currently, saw it a few weeks ago and compared to Luhrmann's take it has the passion of a dead fish.

theater and film are different mediums and you should be wary of making cross-comparisons between them.

Branaugh's Hamlet is one of the greatest screen adaptations of Shakespeare ever done. His Henry V and Othello are also excellent. This is all to say that the man clearly understands his Shakespeare. I haven't seen the Garrick production so I can't comment on it, but i'm sure you're being at least slightly harsh.

Luhrman's whole schtick is style as substance, which can only go so far. Same problem I had with his Gatsby. He focuses too much on razzling and dazzling and leaving a visual and audial impression that the content and themes of the source material get lost and jumbled. If you're satisfied with his work and you enjoy it, that's fine i'm glad. I know a lot of people really love him and his work, and by all accounts he's a great guy and deserves to have success. But I really fucking hate when Shakespeare is done poorly, and to me he just missed the mark.

>Baz Luhrmann

Fuck no, biggest hack in Hollywood.

Olivia Hussey Romeo & Juliet is best R&J.

No.

This is kino

Leguizamos ONLY good role prove me wrong

Post pest and your mom dies in her sleep

his intro was fucking amazing

>Beautiful
>Playboy

>Juliet was 14

Is Heff our Guy?

Peace?

now tayne i can get into

>Shakespeare is fine as is just leave it alone stop trying to do crazy shit with it.
The whole point of adaptations is to do new shit with it

>Kenneth Branaugh's stuff is still the best
I want my Viking Hamlet, not gay ass Russia or whatever.

I will applaud him for keeping all 4 hours

Undoubtedly Branagh is a Shakespeare legend, and I think his Henry V manages to capture complexities and contradictions of the king as written better than any other film production I've seen.

That being said, the main problem I had with his Garrick production was that it focused too much on spectacle and razzle-dazzle rather than actually creating a compelling romance. It had a sparkling cast list (Derek Jacobi, Lily James, Richard Madden) and was modernized to be set in post-war Italy with debonair costuming (think La Dolce Vita), but the central romance never materialized into something compelling. Unfortunately when I went Madden was out and his understudy was pretty wooden. He had no chemistry with James, who seemed to be working overtime to force passion by breathing heavily all the time. Jacobi was given ample stagetime as an oddly old Mercutio, but his long monologues just seemed like another gimmick and a hollow performance.

I will add though that even though I saw the understudy Romeo, Madden hadn't gotten good reviews either

Considering Hef's current wife is 60 years younger than him, yes.

US TOO

Only our teacher was cool and laughed about it, and even rewound it so we could hear it again.

>wife
What?
He's gay bro
Tho he apparently like boys

The dialogue is incomprehensible

Post the scream.

did you live in a town called duncanville?

The Pest is bretty gud in it. I like Tromeo and Juliet a lot better though tbqhwy.

agreed, they should have made it modern like the rest of the movie