Will we ever get a proper film set in the Old Republic era?

Will we ever get a proper film set in the Old Republic era?

Like holy shit, the farther back you go in the lore the more badass Jedi and Sith you find.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I
youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not even being an edgelord but Dark Side > Light side

Fuck justice, it's all about POWER

UNLIMITED

A prequels reboot will be greenlit literally seconds after lucas is declared legally dead.

HEEOOOORGH

Honestly Lucas just didn't have the balls to part with the old good vs evil narrative. If he did, things would have been a lot more interesting.

all that lore has been dumped into the trash though OP, it's all no longer canon

I'm sure they'll have an agent bedside so they can have the papers signed the exact moment he takes his last breath

POWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Star Wars is a classical monomyth fairy tale, not an edgy MOM'S GONNA FREAK wankfest.

>ywn see an epic battle of an army of sith and jedi rush and kill each other.

>wants old republic era movie
>picks worst old republic version

pic related is the only old republic they should consider

>Lucas just didn't have the balls to part with the old good vs evil narrative

I think you're missing the point. Star Wars was always meant to be a very simple good vs evil story, adding all this complex morality to it would kill the spirit of the original movies. It's like trying to make Star Trek into an action movie or adding political nuance to Lord of the Rings.

this so badly

Imagine if this was the intro to episode 2:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

Although I guess this kind of opening would work better in episode 2 in an alternate version of the prequels, that way Episode 1 could still establish the Jedi and the Republic as well as the main villain.

when society collectively takes the red pill, until then something like the Old Republic is off limits to the no-risks business of modern Hollywood

Don't you know?

Don't you know, OP?

Don't you know it's not Canon anymore, OP?

DON'T YOU KNOW ITS NOT CANON?

DON'T YOU KNOW IT'S NOT CANON ANYMORE?

IT'S NOT CANON, OP.

NOTHING BEYOND THE FILMS EVER EXISTED, EVEN THE STUFF FROM THE EU THAT THE FILMS REFERENCED

NOTHING IS CANON, OP

NOTHING EXCEPT DISNEY'S FOCUS-GROUP-APPROVED FANFICTION REPEAT OF EPISODE IV

AND DON'T YOU KRIFFING SAY OTHERWISE, OP

OR YOU'RE A FILTHY MISOGYNIST

fuck. ;_;

The Old Republic was the greatest era, with the best species, characters, technology and stories. A million times better than even the original trilogy.

And now, it's all gone.

So no, there's not going to be.

There's only going to be the further adventures of Kylo Ren, emo One Directioner "It's not a phase, Dad" wimp and all the forced Star Wars meme lines that come off as shallow and soulless, just like the marketing teams behind the script.

Thank you. Finally, someone else who appreciates the Sith over the goody two shoes Jedi.

Those cinematics were almost kind of irritating. Not only did they tease us with the possibility of a great game we never got, they also remind us of how badly the prequels missed the mark.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY

>even better than the original trilogy

I'm not so sure, the Old Republic Era got fleshed out better than the OT Era because there were two really detailed RPG games, compared to three 2-hour movies.

>muh Sith

Overrated edgelords

>TOR just got 2 rpgs
>He hasn't read the books

>Sith
>Overrated
95% of the fandom menace can't name a sith that isn't Vader, but they can rattle off the whole Jedi Council for sure.

Also, not edgelords. They just happen to embrace the more bestial, primal and natural ways. The jedi also kill, but they believe themselves somehow more noble and holy. The Sith just see past the Bantha Poodoo and look at how life really is - full of pain, suffering, loss, betrayal and animosity. And they embrace life in its natural state of darkness, and as a result, become stronger through accepting the adversity instead of avoiding it like the Jedi.

>>>/reddit/
Go

at the rate theyre bringing eu stuff back theyll probably just recanonize everything depending on what they end up doing with revan. but he'll probably end up being a light side character anyways since its disney. not sure why people bitch the cinematics for swtor though, blizzard literally does the exact same thing with every cinematic for every game ever

my fucking nigger
>you who have forever seen this world through the eyes of the force...see it, through the eyes of the exile.

If only the main character was as interesting as Revan, it would be great.

Also

>Hating the game that gave us Selkath
>Best species with best technology, architecture, history, language and society in the galaxy
Sahtheuus reiish geingovut tulus deih!

nah KOTOR 2 was the perfect way of adding shades of grey to the series. you can do star wars without having a generic big bad like KOTOR 1 or 50% of extended universe shit.

even episode 7 had interesting villains, kylo was great

Sadly no. SWTOR has total creative control over that era right now.

Fuck you and fuck SWTOR.

Fuck what bioware did to the old republic.

The only canon for the old republic is KOTOR 1 & 2.

I think Malgus's storyline could really be done on the big screen and get a lot of people hyped for more star wars. I mean it's basically what people have been wanting for a long time

>A damn Sith point of view

>Malgus gets fucked up
>he's always 2nd fiddle to some other faggot Sith
>he falls in love with a slave and protects her from everything
>he actually raids the fucking Jedi temple and succeeds for a time
>realizes to become stronger he has to kill the person he loves
>does it without a second thought
>becomes the baddest fucker out there for his time

It'd be a pretty good movie compared to Reys faggot shit where she just somehow is the greatest jedi every instantly even though she's the equivalent of a hillbilly.

I just want proper Bane not that faggy Hamill shit

>A full story is better than 1/3 of one
No shit

Please. Rey as a character is shit, you could take any fucking Jedi/Sith from the EU and it shits all over Rey's story.

Hell the story about that Jedi apprentice that goes after Malgus because he killed her master then got exiled even though she finally realized what she was doing and stopped in time before killing anyone would be a better movie.

Imperial Agent storyline could have legit been its own movie. SWTOR wasn't bad from a story point of view, it was just a shitty MMO.

I'll decide if I agree with you in 2019 when they've both had a complete arc.

christ. that seems so far away

>Bane

I doubt it. And even if they did make a movie like this, all the OT fans are going to scream "IT IS PREQUEL CONTENT!"

No joke I read an article where people wanted to boycott Rogue One because of some prequel Episode 3 content in it.

These people are fucking dickheads who are so shocked when someone includes content pre Episode 4.

>old republic
Hah youre getting the nu republique

>you could take any fucking Jedi/Sith from the EU and it shits all over Rey's story

Rey's character arc is already better than Jacen Solo's. And Jaina Solo's, for that matter.

I just want a Mandalorian War movie

UNLIMITEEDDDD

DUUBBBSSSSS