LotR

Haven't seen it since it came out in theaters. I was 9.

What am I in for?

Bump

3 movies based off the Lord of the Rings trilogy of fantasy novels

watch the extended versions

Laughed the hardest I have all week for some reason.

Walking and sad music after max comfy and flute music

If you're male, feels
If you're female, you won't understand

The absolute best trilogy ever created.

I have no idea how they did it

feels

pointless scenes that make it needlessly long

Shut up us females understand film better than any of you for the simple fact that most of you would even acknowledge Liv Tyler was in the movie because you're so focused on eye candy.

But I know several girls who like these movies and have read the books...

theyre just pretending

watched the trilogy for the first time last year at 25 years old

the best trilogy of mobies you will ever see

I don't think anything can top the MAXIMUM comfiness of the first movie, which was my favorite.

You should watch the making of

Probably because you're a retard. Reddit. Go back there.

t. Reddit

Watch the extended versions. They're a good 30 minutes of great content per movie.

t. reddit

they add nothing

>i hate people enjoying things!

Prepare for shit cgi and to be bored out of your mind.

I'm probably gonna get murder for this but The hobbit movies are way better. Less faggy halflings

You got a sense of real adventure and unlike the bleak and dark broody shit in LOTR.

Reminds me of old sword and sorcery films like conan

fuck
you

Pure kino

Not even memeing

i kind of have the same premisse as OP and also plan on watching the trilogy. i have both, the theatrical and the extended versions, at hand and am still undecisive which ones to watch. i would love to hear some arguments.

Show me a single iconic scene from the hobbit movies. Pro tip: you can't because there isn't one.

>Sauron knew before Aragorn's army arrived that a couple of Hobbits were sneaking around in Mordor and barely did anything about it

no wonder that scene was cut

just another reason why extended fags are retarded. none of the added scenes are canon

>hobbit intro
What about the scene of Galadriel giving Frodo the Light of Elendil?

Stop spreading your shit opinion and go watch them for yourself.

checkmate

jesus christ

Smaug and Bilbo's scene was the only decent 10 minutes of the entire trilogy.

that isn't an extended edition scene you dumbass

>more Shire scenes
>more Boromir
>bad

He knew that in both versions you retarded retards. Frodo gets taken captive.

bilbo and gollum was another 10 good minutes

unlike smaug/bilbo it wasn't ruined later

I'm glad I never saw this piece of trash.

No! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, seriously?

The scene is heavily expanded on. In the original only Frodo gets a gift unlike the book. In the extended they all receive their appropriate gifts.

Then there's the intro concerning hobbits maximum comfy.

The bit in Moria where Gandalf talks about the wealth of Moria. Again book canon.

Why didn't they just grab him?

everything with smaug, the river barrel scene, actually riding the giant eagles, Throin vs the White Ork, all the armies arriving.

theatrical cuts out developement of a few characters and some scenes end up having continuity errors

what the

extended versions of fellowship and tower are good but extended version of Return is total shit. the scenes it adds are bad and they ruin the pacing of the film.

looks like some video game shit

It does help mitigate the dumb ghost army though by expanding on it just a little

Two scenes, almost exactly as in the book, out of the entire trilogy. HACKSOOOOOON!

lol

the ride of a lifetime

I thoroughly enjoyed all the hobbit films

they were boring and bad

that's fucking hilarious

This is a troll question right? Ignoring all the archers firing arrows all over the place Gandalf still ha to kill Durin's Bane

The best part of The Hobbit is the scene where the dwarves eat all of Bilbo's food and give him shit while they clean up. Straight out of my childhood.

But they just stand still there and Gandalf never gets shot at while he just stares the Balrog down, I think the goblins had fleed by that point. And they weren't even going to go to Moria originally, they could've just left the Balrog in his pit

But they went to Moria and woke him up. Gandalf couldn't let a fucking Maiar tier being run around with Sauron growing stronger. That's why Gandalf didn't want to go to Moria because the rumours Durin's Bane was there. Once he was awake he had to be dealt with or Sauron could have used the balrog

Maybe Gandalf really was told by the gods to go kill the thing and the Fellowship was more of his little pet project. Once he killed the balrog they rez'd him as a reward and let him use a little more power to give middle earth a chance. They'd still make him hold back after Saruman's betrayal though

He wasn't told by Eru to kill the balrog. His mission was to help middle earth destroy the ring. You're kind of right about why he was rez'd though. Eru intervened because Gandalf still needed to help destroy the ring.

Have you actually read the books? They are chock full of pointless shit that pads them out.

Books take how long to read? like 15 hours for a 400 page book?

Well then we should make 15 hour long movies. Great idea genius.

i'm amazed by peoples stupidity every time I come here.

>26 pages in an hour
Are you really that slow at reading?

>like 15 hours for a 400 page book?
>like

another example of a dumbass

400 pages would be more like 8 hours. Not really "like" 15 hours.

jesus christ

That.. makes absolutely no sense. Please see yourself out (door's to the left).

the average IQ of Sup Forums has got be around 80, not even on other boards are people this stupid

My wife, a girl, has read the books and liked the movies. She's also a F&SF writer with 25 Novels and 50 short stories published.
She couldn't stand
The Hobbit Trilogy though Only saw the first one, refuses to see the other two.

>He hasn't read Lotr

>My wife, a girl,
glad you specified

>My wife, a girl
cis scum stop with the genderroles

Her son, a boy, loves the books and the movies as well, and he's only 12.

This wasn't in the theatrical version, right? I don't remember seeing it.

Although my brain may have self-lesioned in order to remove the memory.

Or I was in the bathroom due to the movie being too damn long.

You mean the scene filmed on a GoPro?

>tfw lotr is already considered old and uncool by kids these days

does the sons father, a man, not you, enjoy them as well?

If OP is still asking and not already watching, the best way to watch them is

>Fellowship Extended
>Towers Extended
>Return Theatrical

And if you really love them, watch the old 1977 Hobbit movie, not the new ones. It's much better and also has some really good songs.

fuck off

OP here. I'm at work, right now. I'm going to dive into this adventure, this week. I will take your advice. I'm excited.

I've only ever seen fellowship (when I was 9) and a part of two towers. I saw the first hobbit movie (I think. The one with the barrel scene) and it was ok

that scene triggers me and completely contradicts the books

thanks, noted

OP if you enjoy them, your going to go back and check the extended editions out anyway, so just watch them first.

kek

The Theatrical version doesn't do justice to the second best character besides Sam.

The Extended Editions take care of that little problem. Can you guess the character?

Hint: It's Faramir.

Dunno why I posted a Joseph picture. Been on a JoJo binge lately and Joseph is the best damn JoJo who ever JoJo'd.

Reminder that because of this the extended edition has arguably the greatest scene as nod to Tolkien's greater lore out of all versions.

The highest budget B movies ever

Try not to pay attention to how terrible the writing or acting is, especially by Viggo.

Also don't pay attention to how they didn't bother to actually pay attention to anything but the surface details for anything, which is why Goblins and Orcs are for some reason different species, or how there's literally a fucking "Eye of Sauron" that is looking around.

You're not welcome here

I'm legitimately sick and tired so it only occurs to me now that goblins probably don't appear until the Hobbit movies

Her sons father is incarcerated at the moment, and as my wife describes it, is functionally illiterate.

I have never met him though and neither has her son.

monsters that sound British

someone post the barrel scenes basic cgi