Sup Forums what do you think about this?

Sup Forums what do you think about this?

I think this thread is a spiderman thread

Seems so

>workers should be able to strike
>communism
Never change ameriflaps

The only problem I see is when they require a certain percentage of minorities working in your business. Based on the demographics of your town/state. Although we have had affirmative action so ya

>pic didn't reference any of that
>still needs to feel superior to a burger

never change cocksucker

>being this autistic and moronic

I agree with the greedy fucks in the cartoon. The weak should be ruled by the strong.

I think it's a grotesquely naive and uncharitable interpretation of the arguments it attempts to make fun of.

Frankly, as gung-ho as I can be about workers rights (I'm pretty sympathetic to anarcho-syndicalism), the only reason each and every one of those things didn't come true was because of an unprecedented expansion of technology and of output per worker that came along with it. Now that we've nearly exhausted the easy productivity gains we're starting to see serious stagnation. And frankly, a lot nominally good regulations get in the way of businesses. So the way I see it, you either need to come up with an entirely new system that isn't based on capitalism, or you need to realize that yeah, eventually all these rules are going to ensure that no one takes the risks necessary to make capitalism an even sorta not terrible system. It's been happening in the US since about 2000 with the dot com bubble bursting. Every recovery since then has hollowed out the parts of our economy that high school educated working class people depend on. Obviously all of the stuff in OP is good for workers, but it's extremely disingenuous to imply that it's a net good for everyone in the long run. If we're gonna stick with Capitalism our only hope is friendly hard AI. And even with that the only way it'll work long term is if we can find a way to remove the permanent underclass so they're no longer a net drain on the economy. But I don't think the deaths or wasting away of hundreds of millions of people is a thing anyone can get behind so it'll never happen. Instead we'll plod along with a gimped leg pretending everything is okay as some people are driven to work by self driving Teslas and others are on food stamps. Basically I reject the entire premise of that cartoon for reasons the author probably wouldn't even know to expect.

Any time someone calls their an opponent a whiner or a coward you can pretty much assume they're intentionally simplifying the other side.

Heath and safety laws directly aligned with pay stagnation, and mandated healthcare is closely related "permanate part-time" employment.

If this is about the $15 minimum wage thing, they're wrong. Corporations will survive that, it's small businesses that will go under because of it. I work in construction, as an electrician, for a company of around 20 people. Only half of us make more than $15. The new guys make $10 or $11, I make $17, and I think there are only maybe two guys who make over $20. If the green help gets bumped up to $15, the guys who worked their way up to $15 are going to want a raise since they know more, and won't be afraid to quit since they can now get the same money for flipping burgers or bagging groceries. I can't say I'd be happy about the guys who know half of what I know being bumped up to my pay, and the guys who run jobs wouldn't want to put up with the stress if they knew I got bumped up to the same pay they're making withoug having to run a job myself. We'd wind up laying off half the guys who currently make less than $15 and the pay range would go from $10-25 to $15-30 which would be bad enough for the profit margin even if it weren't for the fact that laying off five guys means we can't staff as many jobs at the same time anymore.

The biggest electrical contractor in the state, with around 800 employees, has a wide enough profit margin that they could afford to eat the pay raises and wait until the prices they can charge customers goes up enough to even it out, but my company would go under and we'd all wind up working for that big corporation.

Work is for suckers anyways.
I am a multi millionaire working my way up to the billionaire status, 23 years old and haven't worked a day in my life.
Just buying low, selling high and living the dream.

suicide when?

Fag

At 40 that's when life starts going down hill.
I'm already planned on a coke overdose so that's gonna be so cash

are your margins really that razor thin?

lol lies. nobody with that kind of money would waste time on a dated imageboard.

The caption gives away that it's going to be ignorant bullshit. Why bother with the fine print?

1. It is not others responsibility to help workers maintain a stable life
2. Nobody has the right to tell people how to run their own companies, if the worker signed the contract there is NOTHING to be complaining about

dam Democrats and their whining

Believe what you want, people told me my entire life I couldn't fly. Did I believe them? Fuck no, and here I am soaring like an eagle.

>there exists a couple of initial legitimate criticisms in the olden days
>businesses will always whine, regardless of government action or INACTION
>ergo complete government control of the economy will not destroy business.

Health and safety laws have been wildly abused by lawyers to screw with businesses, especially small ones who cant afford to fight back. Someone could go to a restaurant and sew for having the damned handicapped bathroom sign "too high".

What are you gonna do when the next bubble pops and you lose all your money?
Stocks are entertaining, but you have to be a genius to accurately predict a crash.

Secret art of bankroll management.

Pretty much, yes. It's how construction works: the lowest bidder gets the job. Someone draws up a set of prints, everybody makes an offer of "I can build that for $____" and whoever gives the lowest price gets the contract.
My boss told me last year that we had a $50,000 profit that year. But that's only $1,000 a week. And $1,000 a week divided by 40 hours means that just $25 dollars-per-hour would wipe that out. If you give 10 guys a $5 per hour raise, you're in the red.

>corporate fatcat faggots
>strong
Pick one you lapdog.

I think 90% of bigwig CEOs should be rounded up, raped and gassed.

1. Businesses that cannot remain afloat of their own cashflow should go bankrupt. No bailouts.
2. No corporate welfare. You make your business in the country, you pay your taxes in the country.
3. No offshore tax havens. See #2.

How about them apples?

you decided to be a faggot and make a thread about stupid shit?

All completely unreasonable suggestions that would make it impossible to do business in America

I agree with no corporate welfare, although I'm against taxes in general

Except it wouldn't. Businesses survived entirely intact before these measures were allowed.

In fact, one might argue that the sole reason for the economic slumps would be due entirely to those things happening or being allowed.

Next...

So you don't use the roads? You don't use public schools? Rely on firemen, police, government or any public infrastructure like parks?

Or maybe you're the type who thinks the military should fund itself out of thin air?

Sure... taxes are for suckers right?

You should ignore anyone who says shit like "taxes are theft!"

You can be assured they have zero knowledge of political theory, or have dismissed it completely.

1) You are free to believe that, but history has shown that to be false. Reality has a liberal bias.

2) Not all jobs have contracts, but here's the funny part where your ideal falls apart:

Government is meant to improve the lives of the people that is over. This means things like welfare, social infrastructure and a particularly interesting one... the maintenance and enforcement of contracts. Without government intervention, the contract you're referring to is utterly pointless. And because of the natural divide between government and corporations (as it has unfolded throughout American history), your argument falls apart before it even starts.

Hmmm... well I think ignoring people does more harm than good most times. I don't want to be one of those holier than thou types either. I like to learn, gather various perspectives, even if wrong. To see how people think.

That said, we do not have a perfect system in this world. We're still struggling to make it work and right now it's continually in a state of perpetual collapse.

It works for some, but not for most. Ultimately ending up in the hands of a few to the detriment of the many.

I understand the liberal "everyone's voice matters" mindset that you're expressing, but there's some voices that should be ignored. When you take everyone seriously, you get people like Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer, and Steve Bannon. They spread misinformation, confuse the masses, and make uneducated people group together behind lies to give their movement strength despite not having a foundation.

I understand that. I think it's particularly dangerous to add labels like conservative and liberal because people tend to get themselves grouped in and then pushed to think a certain way.

I think people should be able to think however the hell they please. But I do get what you mean. There are a lot of people who spread ignorance and flat out bullshit due to, mostly, under education.

You're a retard and a lapdog to people that don't give a fuck about you

You are the ultimate cuck

>doesn't know how to address a board
>immediately outshimself as a newfag