New star wars droid announced

>new star wars droid announced
>oh shit, wonder how it's gonna look, will it be bipedal like C3-PO or have four legs, maybe it gets around on 2 wheels? or maybe it'll be something completely new like BB-8
>instead its this

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE THESE FUCKING KIKES THINKING, LITERALLY JUST BLACK R2-D2: THE DROID!?

GOD IS DISNEY JUST INCAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING FUCKING UNIQUE OR INTERESTING, FIRST THEY REHASH THE PLOT FROM A NEW HOPE, NOW THIS?????

GIVE ME A BREAK! FUCK YOU!!!!

Is Sup Forums ready for an epic Quipbot v Evilbot showdown?

False flag. This is like complaining about Imperial pilots wearing black.

Astromech are supposed to be very common, it's actually the best thing you'd get from rogue one so far.
Still not gonna see this piece of shit though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

R2-Dindu

I applied this diverse robot selection

Blackwashing in Hollywood is so severe at this point they're making robots into niggers.

>le overblown response meme

BLACKED

kek

>le passive aggressive critical response greentext with the le in front of it meme

>black robot
>must be a nigger

1/10 you fucking tried

>want to sell star wars toys
>kids already have C3P0 and R2D2 toys
>give one a red arm
>make one black
>can resell them the same toys with shitty repaint

Disney is genius.

I can't believe they're making beloved star wars characters black, poor r2

R2Jamal looks pretty awesome

I'm 100% certain it is the evil C3-PO and R2 from the Darth Vader comic with Aphra who uses them, look here. Then again the helmets on both droids are shaped a little different.

underrated HAHAHHAHAAHHAHAH

Top quality kek my man

F A N F I C T I O N

#BlackDroidsMatter

Confirmed canon apparently.

It'll be destroyed in the first 10 minutes

That looks like an R6 Unit...

Droid lives matter you prejudice fuck

Settle down, people

R7 be edgy as fuck

The fuck is the difference between 2 and 3?

>black droid is an R9 Unit
>retards keep calling it an R2

so the one in OP's pic is R3 with a custom paint job?

>except it's not

doesn't look like an r9

WHOOOOOOOOOSH

WE WUZ

>R4 blunder of the century tier
>gradually just turn it back into the R2 over next 5 generations

how did this company stay in business

It isn't. OP droid is C2-B5 and is heavily hinted at being a maintenance droid who, like most droids, has frequent memory wipes to prevent a personality from emerging. His part of the story will likely just be that K-2SO bumps into him at some point and C2-B5 just doesn't remember him. BT-1, the one from Darth Vader comic, was made from the get-go to be an assassin droid and was kept under lock and key in a secret base that it promptly destroys.

There already were black R2 Units.

Sperglords. Where the fuck were you when they had new R2 units in the prequels?

Droids are mass produced. Not fucking individual snowflakes.

This board fucking sucks. It's all just bait and shitty attempts at trolling. Not one fucking thread on this entire god forsaken board actually has a discussion. Fuck all of you.

Hes not even a main character.

We have seen these types of droids owned by the empire before.

R2 was a limited run, there were never enough to meet demand, plus they had a monopoly on astro-droids because of their patent on that screwdriver-multitool thing R2 had

>The fuck is the difference between 2 and 3?

Probably internal.

That's an R5 unit on the comic.

Blast processing.

Why would you design a droid to develop a personality if you don't regularly wipe their memory? That makes 0 sense

Crawling in my skin
These wounds...
They will not heal

It's pretty much because their AIs are meant to be so advanced that it'll learn and develop quirks and take after things from its surroundings. So it's basically a matter of whether you want to deal with giving a droid periodic memory wipes, or having a dumb fuck droid that can't do more than a handful of specific pre-programmed tasks.

my mums friend designed that robot

>all these arguments over the droid model
>Its actually named C2-B5

2 has a penis and is yellow

>official C3P0 comic is called the phantom limb

delete this

DROIDS

>I've never seen star wars
R2 has a penis too, its just not erect in this pic.

Black 2 Dee too

right handed and left eye dominant. not a very fun combo.

BEEP BEEP WHERE DA WHITE DROIDS AT

The 3rd leg you blind bastard

Wow, seriously what were you expecting after TFA? That was the very definition of playing it safe.

R2 doesn't have a third leg? Interesting observation.

>tfw I'd have the same problem if I ever had to shoot

R2 3 and 9 look the same. They are re-skins of each other...

You'd put the butt of the gun against your mouth?

I love these. It was the only thing I could think of when watching The Force Awakens.

Fake Boss in SPACE

"Why are we still here R2, just to suffer?"

to be honest the new droid in TFA doesn't make sense
ho does he repair ships ? he just roll on it ? and the size isn't standard
stability is shit

he is just a hipster thing

instead we have a black R2D2 wich is fine

it still beep boops but they sound low pitched with filters so you know its evil

"The Empire played us like a damn fiddle!"

You are both fucking idiots. R2 has a 3rd leg that comes out.

That's R2's brother. He has the Death Star plans. He will valiantly sacrifice himself and kill thousands of Imperials.

see you humongous piece of shit

>Keep the old moulds for the toys
>Just spray it a different colour
>(((profit)))

Oh wait, you thought these were more than just toy adverts? Did you not notice every new suit Iron Man makes does nothing new? Or Doctor Who's sonic screwdriver looks different but acts the same?

You best start believeing in overblown toy ads...

>knowing all this backstory and specifics on cartoon plumber robots

Sad!