How do Americans feel about the British invasion of their roles

How do Americans feel about the British invasion of their roles.
How do they feel that American Actors are being rejected because they aren't classically trained like British ones.
How do they feel the most popular TV at the moment is 95% British?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JKXrWazptvo
yahoo.com/tv/game-thrones-vs-walking-dead-vs-tv-other-134314484.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

British actors, buyin' large, are actors first and faces second. That's why British actors are weird looking; They're good actors. In American (the united states of) people have to be model-like and pretty first. It means that acting is just something they do, but isn't important.

This causes something really specific to happen, that nobody notices: Everybody is a baby-faced permachild. Every actor in these united states is playing the part of a 20-something, well into their 40's, and it works well enough.

But, if you need an actor to look old or distinguished or stern or matronly or learned... you want somebody with a face that falls outside of the box of "25 year old perma-teenager," which means you're going to be getting a real actor. And actor-actor. The role is first. Steve Buscemi-lookin' motherfuckers.

And that makes them standout. They're the good actor playing the good character and they're ugly as sin. So people notice. And getting noticed means you stick around.

How do I feel? I like it. The other option is a cop drama where every primary character is 22 years old and trying to get his first kiss.

>buyin' large

makes me sad desu
Even worse when they become American just to avoid paying taxes

in the end it doesnt really matter though, as long as their accent is alright, which isnt hard to do, Im okay with it

>How do they feel the most popular TV at the moment is 95% British?

Dr. Who and Sherlock are both shit; please leave Teaboo

i didn't know he wasn't american for the first couple seasons then when i found out i ruined the show by picking apart his accent. it's pretty good but he fucks it up sometimes and it bothers my autism

TWD and TBBT get more viewers than tits and dragons.

Theatre actors are usually better talents than screen actors, and, generally speaking, American theatre actors live in New York, while TV and film actors live in LA, so the two worlds remain separate. In England, both theatre and screen actors operate mainly out of London, so they can audition for both.

>tits and dragons
youtube.com/watch?v=JKXrWazptvo

>popular TV
tv is trash tho

TWD

The lead is English.

rick is english you nerd

And it's a shit show.

>one actor = 95% of the cast

Sharia education, everybody.

I like it. It means the most successful brits are America-centric. It teaches kids that your success as a brit relies on your relevance in America.

>Dad why cant i have a cool accent like a british person
>Dad I want a British boyfriend
many such cases, don't care though, it teaches kids that being American is boring

How many Americans can do a good British accent? Hardly any. How many Brits can do a good American accent? Almost all of them.

did you just realize there are a lot of british actors in hollywood? gtfo kid.

Even the only good black actors come from britain

America sucks at acting

Isn't this because Brits are more exposed to American movies/tv shows than the other way around?

Ethan Hawk has a interview on sways universe on YouTube, he says the reason there is lots of British actors in Hollywood is because they are formally trained, they go to acting school, learn about Shakespeare, do plays etc, they earned their stripes

>How do they feel the most popular TV at the moment is 95% British?

The Walking Dead is the #1 show in the US.

yahoo.com/tv/game-thrones-vs-walking-dead-vs-tv-other-134314484.html

"“Game of Thrones” pulls in some damn strong TV ratings, but its linear Nielsen numbers can’t hold a dragon-lit candle to TV’s top shows, including “The Walking Dead.”

The huge AMC zombie hit actually slightly more than doubles the HBO epic by that metric. Looking at all originals and same-week repeats for “Walking Dead’s” recently wrapped Season 6, a total of 16 episodes and 119 telecasts scored an average of 24.8 million linear viewers, per Nielsen’s Live + 7 Day ratings.

For “Game of Thrones,” the entirety of Season 5 and the first four episodes from the current Season 6 — a total of 14 episodes and 130 telecasts — averaged 12.2 million linear viewers, according to the same metric. That brings us reasonably close in both episodes and telecasts, and takes us up to-date for the George R.R. Martin adaptation."

Better than our whiny fucking cry babies that skirt around hollywood like a bunch of fucking cunts.

Plus a lot of the British actors are classically trained. I'd be more prone to cast them but they usually hate the shit out of their fellow actors (not that it isn't for a good reason for reasons above).

The trouble of it is that we tend to cast based on nepotism and politics rather than who is actually fit and capable for the role. Producers are dick in the 18th hole retarded and have the final say on who plays what.

>averaged 12.2 million linear viewers
Seriously? That few?

Fucking Antiques Roadshow has a larger viewer base compared to that in my country.

Antiques road show has mass appeal. From the bumpkin to wants to know what a piece of crap is worth to they guy who goes to antique shops for his furniture.