Anyone else feel like life is becoming meaningless?

Anyone else feel like life is becoming meaningless?

Why do my hobbies not feel as enjoyable as they used to?

Gaming isn't that fun anymore, movies aren't that fun anymore.

What's happening?

I also have this deep inner sadness

Other urls found in this thread:

metal-archives.com/browse/genre
youtube.com/watch?v=cX-vDml1LT8
youtube.com/watch?v=-s8cEobjN80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you tried not being a teenager?

This is now a get thread

>Have you tried not being a teenager?
No those were when I still had happiness. Am close to my mid 20's and feel very depressed and just not happy much anymore

Sounds like depression.

I hope you're not too broken up about it because this is your life now.

Life doesn't inherently have purpose, if you're feeling like things have lost their enjoyability, you're not doing something that you personally would find meaningful.
Find something that has importance to you and put your efforts into that, once you do that your hobbies and other sources of entertainment will become fun again, since you are rewarding yourself after doing something you consider to have meaning.

>I hope you're not too broken up about it because this is your life now.
Not to mention I am antisocial around girls and am sad I went to an all boys school and was hardly around females so can't interact with them

Because video games and you suck and you finally realized it. Don't worry though after you graduate high school and can purchase alcohol, things will still suck, but you can at least get drunk.

That literally doesn't mean anything.

Girls are just people, talk to them like they're people.

>Find something that has importance to you and put your efforts into that
I make music. Thing is I don't have anyone to form a band and I wish I could release these songs on my own but idk how the whole copyright thing goes so people don't steal my ideas.

I have put some stuff on youtube but that never works cos no one ever finds it

btw I make rock/metal. Not a rapper fag

>Don't worry though after you graduate high school
Did you read this thread? I am mid 20's. Done college etc. Hard to find a good job.

What I wish is that I had a beautiful gf but I am a loser so

Oh fuck off and grow up.

You sound pretty gay, to be honest.

Like, I wanted to help you but then you went and started talking about all the cocks you wanted to suck.

I will help you if you pay me 10$ using paypal.

Look up copyright laws then and do some sort of public search/advertisement for band mates, I bet there are a bunch of people near you looking for a band to be in.

thats because those are shit hobbies and you're growing out of them, get a better hobby

>it's gay to want to make music

World.
Get out into it.
Life.
Live it.
Sup Forums
Stop scrolling every day.

Since I write music like Trist (depressive black metal), I was thinking then of releasing it personally if only I knew how to promote or something

I mean, it is actually pretty gay.

The only way to continue to exist is to make content

Longing for a girlfriend is your problem. If you want a healthy relationship you can't go out looking for a relationship, otherwise you'll try and force it to work even when you're not really suited for each other. You have to be happy in yourself and then you'll end up falling into a relationship. you can't rely on a girlfriend for happiness otherwise you end up in this shitty codependant state.

get on the self improvement hype, read, work every day, exercise, get some nice clothes, work out the kind of person you want to be and then pretend you are them until you actually are them.

Oiii, don't bash on the music buddy. Probably the best hobby there is

Maybe you should find a new hobby that makes you feel something. Meet new people, travel, start a new education, go out more, listen to live music, strart meditating, go to the gym

Just post it on Soundcloud, don't worry about getting promoted. Do it because you enjoy it, not to be famous

My guess is you haven't been doing it very long?

Do you live in a big city?
If so, make flyers explaining the music you make, with those little strips of your phone number on it, then hang them up near colleges, park message boards and music schools.

Dude, this isn't 1980 - Print flyers?

What he should do is download the Meetup App and look for any musically minded people nearby and arrange an event

>My guess is you haven't been doing it very long?
Been making music since 2012. Uploaded to youtube 2013 or so but isn't on at the moment.

Yeah I did have a soundcloud altho again I was worried about copyright

>i make rock metal
>mid 20s
there's your problem

Nah if you wanna make music you can do it solo, you just have to take it seriously. Get some production software, maybe a loop pedal if you want to do it live. understand that theres a lot more to music than noodling on your distorted guitar, your riffs are not good music yet. Learn music theory, Learn about production and recording. You're not good yet but you can be if you accept that and keep trying to improve.

Well excuse me for being old fashioned.

It's all about getting people to listen to ur demos and stuff so should I just do soundcloud or is there some kind of label

Been browsing this site where a lot of unknowns join up on labels but idk if one suits me
metal-archives.com/browse/genre

Some top teir shyt right here son! Give you some fuggin hope n'shyt. ...Shyt.

youtube.com/watch?v=cX-vDml1LT8

Don't worry about promotion until you have a solidified, unique and professional sound.

Having said that, the best thing you can do, especilly in your genre is play lots of gigs. You're not gonna find a record label willing to pick you up solely based on your internet presence, especially in metal, live shows are where labels make their money today.

That's what Sup Forums do to people. If you live near me, we can jump off a building together.

You should make your jump memorable.
Get some cheese wire and superglue, tie the wire to the building with a noose at the end, put the noose around your neck and superglue your hands to your head.
Then jump off, it will look like you teared off your head before hitting the ground.

>live shows are where labels make their money today.
Doubt there is any live shows for 1 man band especially type of underground metal I play

Funny isn't it? I can feel suicidal yet still have fear of trying to talk to females. You'd think a suicidal person wouldn't have any fear of rejection or be afraid

>WHY DEW MUH HOBBUS NOT BLAH BLAH BLA
>GAYMAN AND BEING WORTHLESS ISNT SUPER FUN BOO HOO
Fuck off, good riddance.

>especially type of underground metal I play

You're the gayest kind of gay. I'm glad you're depressed.

What? the type of metal I play isn't mainstream at all
youtube.com/watch?v=-s8cEobjN80

That wasn't what he said - either way. Sorry to say but you're not gonna have much look making it 'big' in music without appealing to a large group of people

Keeping underground shit like this is nice for your own personal relaxation, but you need to broaden your musical horizons if you ever want a career

Thats depression. Your happy neurons arent firing properly or.maybe dopamine production has dropped significantly.

Itll go away by itself in a vast majority of cases.
If it lasts 6 months its clinical and requires the attention of a doctor.

For now check that your diet is well balanced, youre sleeping enough, you're hydrated enough, and that you're getting enough physical activity.

I can stress enough seeing a doctor if it sticks around: the overused depression meme has really made a mockery of it and people take it less seriously (or more seriously in the wrong ways..)

Because it usually isnt alone. There Could actually be something wrong with your thyroid for example, thats causing this. And if your thyroids underactive, oh boy do you have bigger problems than whether or not you like movies!

get a loop pedal, thats what i do, i get solo gigs playing bass for fucks sake

having said that, learning to use your loop pedal is like learning a new instrument, it's not as easy as it looks, but its proper rewarding once you start to pick it up

you can do open mic nights to start with, and talk to the other artists there, musicians love to collaborate. I'm sure that theres one metal bar somewhere near you that showcases local acts, once you've got a few contacts from the open mic nights one of them might help direct you to some paid gigs, once you get one paid gig t yur local metal bar you can look for other similar stuff in surrounding towns

but above all, get your sound right before you start gigging, focus on the music, once the music is good focus on making the live show good, which takes a totally different skillset, once the live show is good, do it everywhere you possibly can, then worry about promotion, which should come easy by then.

How autistic do you have to be to not realize that your simply getting older and realizing that there is no point to anything and any meaning you may have felt or see other feeling is simply a self perceived choice , other wise known as a distraction . Your mind is getting older and smarter and things like video games that once took you away from reality , have become boring because your not a kid anymore and can notice the patterns in gameplay and the repetition . Everyone makes these threads as if they are the only one expierencing it when in reality you've gone your whole life half retarded and only now realizing that life is 100% pointless so fuck it .

!RedditSilver

Yeah that's called becoming an adult. For most people life gets less and less enjoyable the older they get. For those few it doesn't, well they're lucky bastards or just have played their cards right in the past. For everybody else there's antidepressants and shrinks.

>For everybody else there's antidepressants and shrinks.
Hmm tis the reality