Is Vinyl really better than digital?

Is Vinyl really better than digital?

Other urls found in this thread:

profitwork01.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vinyl is not better than CD technically.

Maybe better in sound, but digital is waaay more convenient

>technically

No
Its just fun to collect them and support artists you like
Although having them does impress girls for some reason which is always nice

>Be digicuck
>Hard drive breaks
>Lose your collection

Before you think about that, think of the master engineers. They are the ones who manifest what the music will sound like regardless of format

They sound better than digital, though.

>he doesn't listen to first issue vinyls through a walkie talkie
holy shit boy is this board really plebian

>be vinylcuck
>house burns down
>lose your collection

>Be digicuck
>Hard Drive breaks
>Doesn't lose collection because backup is stored in the cloud

>Being so autistic that you set your house on fire for no fucking reason
Digicucks, everyone!

Depends, digitally mastered albums sound pretty meh on vinyl.
It really depends, but I'd buy a vinyl copy over a CD, unless I don't have the money.
The CD gets a lot of shit, but it's probably the most practical physical medium out of all.
It's also a shame that the minidisc never took off, it is also practical and some even say the quality on it is very close to vinyl, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah, they're just fun to collect. Sleeve art is fun to look at, and extra goodies that come with a lot of albums is pretty neat too.

CDs are higher quality, more practical and also fun to collect. Anybody collecting vinyl records should also try it with CDs.

>house gets flooded
>house gets broken into and records are stolen
you happy now, vinylcuck?

no... you just need a good dac

>Living close to the sea in the first place
>Implying hacking doesn't exist.

Better in what sense? It is better visually, it smells so much better, the ritual you have of looking at the awesome enlarged cover artwork, removing the record, putting it on the player and lowering the cartridge is an experience like no other. Its like brewing your own tea and then sitting down and enjoying it. Some physical work and after-care do make music a much more enjoyable experience than just pressing play on your pc.

>It's also a shame that the minidisc never took off
It did in europe, though.

>backuping music to the cloud

>Better in what sense?
In sound.

>he spent thousands of dollars for more work and smells

vinylcucks, ladies and gentlemen

>Vinyl costs thousands of dollars
Digicucks, ladies and gentlemen!

Eh anything sounds great through the right headphones/stereo system
Although it is way more fun to listen on vinyl

cds are objectively superior technology

in terms of sound they will be closer to what a producer intends for you to hear

if you're playing cd rips on your computer you just need a good dac

No, digital will always sound better than analog. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

if i bought all the music on my computer it would cost thousands of dollars

Fuck off, shill.

>Not downloading your records

This in correct.

The quality is objectively worse. It's a taste thing, same with tubes. There's a certain style and culture that comes with vinyl, which doesn't come with digital audio. But the audio fidelity is measurably worse, and the sound is colored.

Vinyl is for Rock and Jazz.
CD is for Classical recordings
Digital is for modern music that is made digitally and mastered digitally. Vinyl pressings of modern releases are not worth the money and are basically just overpriced CDs, however analogue reissues or original pressings of classic rock and jazz albums are beyond worth the investment since those albums are mixed and mastered specifically for vinyl.

>Implying that getting hacked is a realistic threat

>Vinyl
>Not for classical music
How fucking retarded are you?

What the fuck does that image even mean? You know all audio engineers uses digital source to make their stuffs right? Preferring vinyl is one thing but you got to be a next-level autist to think analog sounds superior than digital.

>Implying that getting your house broken into just for your fucking records is a realistic threat

>Surface Noise

Ask any passionate Classical fan, most if not all will say CD is the superior medium for clarity, therefore it's the superior medium for classical
How fucking retarded are you?

>he likes pops and cracks when listening to classical
>he enjoys the inaccurate waveform wave form when listening to something pure

Do you hear hiccups on your first orchestral?

>Trusting (((Audio engineers)))
Are you american by any chance?

>yes, mr shekelstein ill put all my files into your (((cloud))))
>btw why is this a free service? you must be a really good person

CD or digital is always the superior form for clarity, vinyl is a hobby but those who say that it sounds superior is justifying their overspent money rather than the quality of the sound itself. Ignore those autists, they're like talking to kids who put rims and spoilers on their cars and claims it helps the car go a little faster.

my friend's aunt makes 79 per hour on the internet and she has been fired from work for 4 months. last month her income was 13160 working on the internet a couple of hours every day... check this site●▬▬▬▬ஜ profitwork01.com ஜ▬▬▬▬

t. poorfag

Yeah because so many modern recordings are being pressed to vinyl!

As soon as CD came along, Classical fans ditched vinyl pressings of recorded Classical music and moved over to CD.

>he can't argue his point
>he wasted tons of money and time just to listen to music

>Digital
>""""""""""""""""""""Clarity""""""""""""""""""""

>not even trying

It only takes me 6 seconds to play a records

>mr shekelstein
lol fuck jews

>Yeah because so many modern recordings are being pressed to vinyl!
They are because of their rising popularity

>no time used on maintaining, cleaning the records and equipments

Hows highschool?

Don't get me wrong, I collect vinyl myself, but it's mostly rock and jazz and even then I only shill out for a nice analogue reissue or original pressings. The people buying modern pressings of Hip-hop or Indie rock and pretending they sound superior is ridiculous - plus most spend around £40 for a "DELUXE COLORED 180G VINYL PRESSING" when in reality it's just a shitty digital mastering on overpriced wax.

If you want to hear a real difference, you buy a mofi pressing, or music matters pressing of a Jazz record.

Recorded in digital and released in digital is their main concerned. Vinyl is then pressed for a niche market because they're autists like you.

See Kanye's MBDTF vinyl release and compare it with its digital counterpart and you'll notice a huge difference in quality.

A well recorded and mastered CD will always sound more clear than a digital pressing on Vinyl.
Analogue sounds richer but comes with pops, cracks, surface noise and the inconvenience that comes with vinyl. Classical fans know this and will - for the most part - be completely happy buying a well mastered CD than an oversized and overpriced CD with surface noise.

t. someone who doesn't listen to Classical.

No.

But is a better way of owning music.

Everyone shittalking vinyl right now probably has a garbage set up with a crosley and digitally remastered versions of classic rock albums

>implying you even know what that image means
also the person who put that image together probably doesn't even know himself

They are rising in popularity to secure a growing market with teens buying up Vinyl like nothing else.
In general, the older Classical fans will stick to CD for clarity because who would want to hear pops and cracks while listening to a Symphony or a String Quartet.

You just haven't listened to a well-mastered CD of a recording.

>>he wasted tons of money and time just to listen to music

Are you fucking serious? Underage download cuck. If you truly care about music you wouldn't mind paying for it.

>b-but you just don't have a good setup maaaaan

I have literally stated in that for Rock and Jazz Vinyl is the superior medium, a decent analogue pressing of Blue Train will run absolute circles around a CD or MP3.
But for Electronic music and Classical (as well as other genres) it's a different story. Each has their preferred medium where the style or genre obviously shine which for some reason is not taken note of. Whenever I see people at my local record store buying an 180g digital pressing of Dark Side of the Moon I die a little bit inside, same if I see someone buy a recording of Beethoven's Ninth on Vinyl.

It's not about being cynical, it's about understanding what type of music shines on different mediums. Jazz and Rock just so happen to be highly superior on Vinyl and utterly crush CD and Digital in terms of sound quality.

Most newer vinyl records sound worse than digital, but if you fin an older one from the 60's-80's, in good condition (especially if they're pressed in Germany or Japan) than you'll understand why people collect this shit.

i listen to both. theyre both great, why cant people understand that all of the medias have their own purposes.
oh yeah because this place is filled with autistic retards

But you're not shittalking vinyl? You're not the posters I was talking about

This

I like to listen to my music they way it was intended to be heard, if the album was mixed and mastered pre-digital era I buy the vinyl (original pressing, no remastered vinyl crap) if it was from the CD era I get the CD, simple as that.
Some good examples are Kraftwerk "radio-activity" and Kate Bush "hounds of love", the original vinyls sound very different (and better) than their digital reisues. While most albums from the 90s and 00s that are relased on vinyl now for the first time sound like shit

Absolutely this!
I exclusively buy used in good condition because of this, unless It's a really good analogue reissue of an album - there was a Love - Forever Changes reissue and was mastered from the original analogue tapes and it sounds amazing.