Sadness

Can we start a thread about sad albums, or just albums that are overall depressing? Any type of genre welcome, just in my feelings.

Literally 90% of music.

That's not a sad album. If by sad you mean the level of ability and genuine lyrics that fell dramatically after his first album, then yes that album is sad. Just like Doris. Earl is pointless now.

Listen to the Friends EP by Grabbitz

And also the Better With Time EP by Grabbitz. Get Out is my favorite song from it.

My album after I Kill myself

Also also, Linkin Park's One More Light while thinking of Chester killing himself all the way trough.

nothing about that album is sad.

depression isn't sadness but normies will never realize this

Explain (not OP)

depression is more about feeling numb and distant, and for no reason. When you're depressed, it's hard to feel emotion at all.

at least when you are sad you are experiencing emotion. depression, at least for me in my worst state, was the absolute lack of any emotion. lifeless and cold are much more accurate terms in my mind than sadness. hope that helps.

Makes sense, but couldn't it just be different for different people? Are you telling me that there's no mental illness that makes you feel sad all the time for no reason?

you feel or want nothing. when i was depressed. only thing i wanted to do was sleep. hated music and everything else.

>Are you telling me that there's no mental illness that makes you feel sad all the time for no reason?
ppl who end up killing themselves usually try harder to make everyone think their fine or happy.
ppl who are sad(especially in public) all the time are probably looking for attention.

well i think, based on experience, real long term sadness just sort of develops into icy cold depression over time.

I'm assuming you were diagnosed by a professional? Depression is a mental illness and doesn't require you to have gone trough anything bad in life, right?

This album. I know all of mu has already heard it or at least seen the cover but fuuuuuck. It never really clicked for me (only liked the first two tracks) until I listened to it while working late at night and feeling kinda shitty about myself. The whole album just opened up to me that night and was this immense outpouring of sadness, frustration, despair, and apathy. It's probably the most emotional album I've ever heard.

Yeah, I was.
And I guess I don't know what you mean by "anything bad." I think some peoples brains are wired in a certain way that makes them react to strong emotions by just turning the "emotion" setting off, if that makes any sense. Also, mental illness snowballs over time, so eventually your brain starts to hate itself for hating itself so much. When I was suicidal I felt like I didn't matter at all, that my presence makes no difference on this earth, and that this whole living this wasn't my thing so I might as well die now. I can't say that's how it is for everyone but again there's my insight.

I see. Thanks for your explanation, I always wondered why depressed people hate on themselves so much.

jackknife bitches on they couches in they living rooms... sadness?