When you dont understand why Coldplay is famous and then you remember women exist

>when you dont understand why Coldplay is famous and then you remember women exist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ib1PMJnuMY
youtube.com/watch?v=rH2BAn8gZr4
youtube.com/watch?v=Bawbk71Qh_g
youtube.com/watch?v=LyM4vxxu2jA
youtube.com/watch?v=kEGuHdKn0Lc
youtube.com/watch?v=tqMfWwnLtKg
youtube.com/watch?v=UPpIwWEJ6pE
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-BrK8yRqk
youtube.com/watch?v=IakDItZ7f7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>when you don't understand why Sup Forumscore is famous but then you remember Reddit exists

Talk, Viva La Vida and Life in Technicolour are great songs

>and then you remember their first four albums were pretty good

I disagree so much that you've actually managed to make me feel hatred towards an anonymous human being

>le alternative acoustic guitar guys

fuck you, fuck those albums and everything they inspired. Coldplay is somehow less interesting than elevator music whilst simultaneously having none of the relaxing qualities because you're constantly thinking about how shitty it is and how a fucking 8 year old with an acoustic guitar could have written that song.

It is literally the most boring band of all time. I'd rather listen to LITERALLY anything else.

>you've actually managed to make me feel hatred towards an anonymous human being
This is pure Redditspeak. Exagerating what could and should be said in few words since it is trivial, and being pretentious in your speech

I liked Viva la Vida when I was 14.

Okay

you're not the first person to point that out to me since I got here in 2007. As an answer to you and the other 6000 people that think typing style equates to what websites you traffic, I have never been to reddit, I don't have any online accounts whatsoever in any social capacity, not one, and I guarantee I belong here far more than you do, with all the negative connotation that implies, especially considering your normie-ass probably came here in 2012 or some shit.

Calling something "reddit" is actually what is reddit. I guess you would know, since it seems like you know what it's like. Since I completely avoid all social aspects of the internet other than Sup Forums, I do not.

even kid-me thought it was shit.

Of course I thought Lincoln Park and virtually every band that I heard in my childhood was shit, so it's nothing new.

coldplay? oh you're talking about the patricians radiohead

Sadly no. I'm actually this autistic, and actually telling the truth.

>radiohead

shit

>coldplay

even shittier

Coldplay actually made some decent albums their newer stuff is worse than their older stuff.

This is a great song:

I wish.

Here's a taste so you understand just how much I actually hate everything I grew up with:

>greenday

hate it

>Nickelback
Always hated it from the first song

>Blink-182

all their songs sound the same, shit

>the white stripes
shit
>foo fighters
shit
>red hot chili peppers
shit
>U2
shit
>My chemical romance
shit
>arcade fire
shit
>system of a down
shit
>the killers
shit
>The black eyed peas
dogshit
>muse
pure dogshit
>breaking benjamkin
shit
>three days grace
mega shit
>evanescence
one good song that gets old after 2 listens, then it's shit
>Fall Out Boy
Shit
>avenged sevenfold
megashit
>slipknot
shit
>every punk bank ever
shit
>modest mouse
shit
>daft punk
turbo shit
>creed
kill me now
>metallica
worst metal band ever, no emotion or feel
>disturbed
zero creativity
>bullet for my valentine
shit
>thirty seconds to mars
shit

I could keep going. Chances are, you name it, I think it's shit.

And coldplay is the worst out of all of them

Do you really think this is a bad song:

>hur dur I'm playing a guitar but I can't into actual melodies so I'm just gonna do repeated 8th notes following the chord changes exactly because I'm a boring shit that can't do anything creative but it's ok because women dont have taste and they just want to fuck us anyway

The particular song i gave you actually has some great melodies in it. listen to it all the way through, its not a long song

no it has "2000s lazy fuck" melodies that are the main reason I hate this type of music. It's so fucking simplistic, your idea of a "guitar solo" is literally a guy play repeated ascending 8th notes on a higher string. There is not a hint of talent in the whole group and this type of music is the most lazy, easy-to-produce garbage sellout shit in existence.

Simplistic doesn't mean it's bad. i would also argue not everyone can produce this kind of music.

Aniway, Neutral Milk Hotel are just as simplistic. just letting you know

THIS is melodic
youtube.com/watch?v=rH2BAn8gZr4

What you posted is garbage

This is a completely different genre of rock music tho user.

And you know, even if the song you posted is better, it doesn't make the coldplay song i shared here garbage. i wasn't claiming it was the best song in the universe, i claimed its genuinly a good song

You're right. This "form" of simplistic, basically the entire genre of "alternative" is fucking dogshit.

You just don't appreciate minimalism i guess.

I mean that's subjective

see
their entire genre is garbage

kill yourself, I apprecaite minimalism when it's done right. Being a lazy sellout alternative rock band is NOT doing minimalism right

I don't think Neutral Milk Hotel or the early Coldplay albums are lazy sellout albums. i think the musicians genuinely made the type of music they love

Aniway telling others to kill themselves is not nice user.

yeah well if you didn't pick up on my autism and hotheaded personality before, hopefully you've got the idea now.

I basically made this thread to shit on alternative and it's posterchild Coldplay. I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to rock

Alright.

Do you like Jeff Buckley at least?
youtube.com/watch?v=Bawbk71Qh_g

certainly better than coldplay. He kinda sounds like Robert Plant when he's hitting higher notes.

Yes he is way better than coldplay.

i still don't think coldplay are bad tho (at least in their earlier material) but that's entirely subjective and i guess we will have to respectfully disagree

fucking retarded stoners

A Rush of Blood to the Head and Viva la Vida are acceptable albums. Not amazing, but there are some dope tracks in there.

it's not my fault stoners make the best modern rock music

>2017
>still hating Coldplay

They are really not bad by mainstream music standards

mainstream doesn't try to claim it's "rock"

It stays in it's own Pop bubble. And yet these glorified pop stars with their acoustic guitars are in the same conversation as actual rock bands

Do you like The Beatles? pretty much almost everything they made is pop rock

I was always more a zeppelin guy, and the beatles can hardly be compared with modern "pop" rock. The beatles might as well be Iron Maiden compared to Coldplay

Many songs by led zeppelin are even more simplistic than the coldplay song i shared here, just saying

this is the most retarded post on Sup Forums

congratulations.

The bassline alone in a zeppelin song is less simplistic than an entire Coldplay ensemble.

Zeppelin was a band that contained an incredible bass player, an incredible guitar player, an incredible singer, and literally the greatest rock drummer of all time (Bring up Neil and I'll kill you he's a chump with no feel) all basically improvising on the fly and playing off each other like a jazz band would.

There is a difference between extremely talented people playing something simplistic and extremely untalented people doing simplistic shit because it's all they can do.

For example:
youtube.com/watch?v=LyM4vxxu2jA

THATs how you do an acoustic track, take some notes

none of this is true, rock drummers suck, and rock melodies are little baby level

compared to Jazz, I agree. I was a Jazz fanboy before a rock fanboy afterall, played trombone in highschool and everything.

However, saying that John Bonham sucks is blasphemy beyond words, even if we both know that Buddy Rich was the greatest drummer of all time

Are you telling me this song is not basic and simplistic as fuck?
youtube.com/watch?v=kEGuHdKn0Lc

that's literally one of the first "metal" songs ever written, they were defining the genre with that song much like the Beatles did with Helter Skelter.

It's extremely catchy and focuses on the vocals as the melodic movement. Robert Plant's voice was basically an instrument in the band, he makes this song.

Like I said, another example of an amazing band making simplistic sound amazing, aka doing it right.

It's not a metal song, and the riff is just an 8th note like what you written here as a bad thing I agree its a great song btw, but i think the coldplay song i shared here sounds very good too (tho it goes for a very different mood)

>the riff is just an 8th note

No, it's not. You totally missed the point. It's actually an 8th note, then a quarter note, and then 4 8th notes. It's creative enough for that riff, especially when you're defining genres like that. It's basically a metal song, you're insane to not see the influence it had on metal. I've heard this riff copied by tons of metal bands in tons of songs, metal bands STILL in 2017 are stealing riffs from shit like this.

There is an actual rythmn there, something actually melodic. What cold play does is what every alternative band does, which is basically following the chord changes and doing a harmony in the same beat as the bass, which is lame as all fuck. Even when Page did a repetitive or simple guitar solo, it always had more flavor than that.

Furthermore, that crazy bassline and guitar shit that happens at :40 of the riff is actually very complicated, literally puts to shame anything Coldplay has put out in that 2 seconds. So thanks again for proving that good bands that add a little flavor to simple things always sound way better than the monotonous monotone robot chord changes Coldplay does.

wew, that's actually a good thread

btw speak of the devil

The band I posted earlier just came out with a new album in 2017 and they have a riff that is clearly inspired by immigration song, thought I'd show to prove my point

youtube.com/watch?v=tqMfWwnLtKg

go to 43:25 and listen to that clear inspiration

Holy fuck guy. Do you just hate everything?

What I posted isn't everything, it's a very specific 90s-early 2000s window of the shittiest music in human history

>liking music

Talk is one of my guilty pleasure songs. A lot of songs from their second album are great too

Probably just hated your childhood

I have taken into account the bias I obviously have, but I still think when you take away my bias you're still left with a bunch of shitty music

There isn't a quarter note in that riff user.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPpIwWEJ6pE

>There is an actual rythmn there, something actually melodic.
There is something actually melodic and rhythmic in that coldplay song too

>Furthermore, that crazy bassline and guitar shit that happens at :40 of the riff is actually very complicated
That was not even close to being complicated, he just goes up the scale, lol.

But its kind of missing the point. my point was that led zeppelin and coldplay both made alot of simplistic music, and simplicity isn't bad

Crazyaga has done it again

fine then, keep posting dumb shit you stupid trip

There definitely is. The song is in a very fast 4/4. The first 8th note happens on the 8th beat of the previous measure, and then the quarter note happens, which is exactly as long as two 8th notes if you're not big on fractions, and then it finishes with 4 8th notes before returning to the original 8th note on the 8th beat and repeating. Maybe take music theory before looking stupid. I don't know what posting that "how to play my first song on guitar" video proves, but ok.

>There is something actually melodic and rhythmic in that coldplay song too

Literally straight 8th notes harmonically following the chord changes exactly. Literally the least amount of effort required to make a melody.

>That was not even close to being complicated, he just goes up the scale, lol.

If you think that's all it is you aren't listening good enough, he goes up and down various times, and all very quickly for a bass lick. It works well, and it's more complicated than anything the bass player from Coldplay has ever played, since he's busy doing what any first-week bass player can do and strumming the chord's namesake over and over like a robot. Zeppelin's bass player shits all over him, but that's ok because Zeppelin's bass player shits all over most rock bass players.

> my point was that led zeppelin and coldplay both made alot of simplistic music, and simplicity isn't bad

And my point, which already took into account your point perfectly, I'll quote it directly: "There is a difference between extremely talented people playing something simplistic and extremely untalented people doing simplistic shit because it's all they can do."

But hell, it's just your opinion, man. Your shitty trip opinion.

Oh i thought you were talking about a quarter tone, my bad. i just noticed your entire criticism only talks about the rhythmic aspect of the song and not the harmonic aspects of it, when you said "8th notes"

>And my point, which already took into account your point perfectly, I'll quote it directly: "There is a difference between extremely talented people playing something simplistic and extremely untalented people doing simplistic shit because it's all they can do."
Compositional talent is measured by how good is the music you are composing. if you make only simplistic songs, but you make good simplistic songs, you are a talented musician. pretty simple

Aniway im done posting here because i'm kind of tired and the OP keeps saying things that are just not true, such as

>Literally straight 8th notes harmonically following the chord changes exactly

You could actually listen to the song and see that it's not true for yourself

> i just noticed your entire criticism only talks about the rhythmic aspect of the song and not the harmonic aspects of it

because those are separate criticisms smart guy, both valid as well.

> if you make only simplistic songs, but you make good simplistic songs, you are a talented musician
>good

this is where we disagree.

>You could actually listen to the song and see that it's not true for yourself

Are we listening to the same song? Because that's every coldplay song.

To be fair, it's every alternative rock song in existence, but that includes coldplay

Run along now.

I think you are going to love this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-BrK8yRqk

Just sharing a good song with you and introducing you to a band you might not know

this isn't alternative, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove but yes they're better than coldplay

Oooooh, you were that kid. The kid who just mindlessly hated on what was popular. Everyone hated that kid.

I wasn't proving anything, just sharing some good music with you

Btw Maudlin Of The Well are now called Kayo Dot, they changed their name because many of the original members changed and there was also a stylistic change.

The mastermind behind both Maudlin Of The Well and Kayo Dot is a guy called Toby Driver. check out his music user

I mean... their first album is actually pretty darn good.

you don't understand why they're famous? are you autistic, user? just completely unaware of the entire history of pop music?

>mindlessly

not really though. Tool is amazing, for instance. And though I hated on Muse they're better than most, and there's actually quite a lot of pop songs I'll listen to because I'm not immediately turned off by the fact that they're trying to pass themselves off as rock and merely finding some shitty middle ground that is worse than both.

stop projecting, this just reads like a list of bands you listened to when you were younger

You are aware it's not even a believable lie, right?

Yet it's only their 3rd best

nah they were bands my siblings and friends listened to and that I had to listen to as a product of that, and also they were the most popular groups at the time.

then why do you still care so much?

I watched that game of thrones coldplay skit and it reminded me that they exist and it pissed me off.

I'm calming down though.

these tasteless cucks aren't helping in that regard

>The song is in a very fast 4/4
The fuck are you on about, this song is 112 bpm, give or take a few beats. If you seriously think this song is 224 bpm don't even bother bringing up music theory, you obviously know nothing about it.

are we pretending that 4/4 and 8/8 are different or something? If we're talking 8/8 then it's 8th notes and 16th notes, doesn't make any difference.

>when you dont understand why U2/Garth Brooks is famous and then you remember christians exist

>modest mouse
>shit

No actually they make excellent melancholy anthemic songs. Coldplay is a band that definitely has filler on their albums but when they hit their high notes they really hit them.

If The Scientist doesn't you right in the feels there's something wrong with you.

Oh that's right. It's music for people that actually get laid.

women are the reason behind almost every big musical trend tbqh. drawing them in is what makes the most money overall

Actually yeah, looking at the songs on the albums I like Viva la vida and A rush of blood to the head too

how can you say it's the first metal song when Heartbreaker and Moby Dick were written before this

>people who pronounce Coldplay as Goldplay
I live in the Netherlands and this happens so fucking much

Me too, listened to it on my PSP lel

X&Y is still pretty decent though
especially that kraftwerk rip-off song

>coldplay
>alternative
what?
they're as mainstream as a pop band can get

Yes because they are functionally different. Just like there's a difference between 3/4 and 6/8, there's a difference between 4/4 and 8/8, although it's not as pronounced.

what makes rock so great?
you realize the substance in the majority of rock
music doesnt go beyond what coldplay does anyway.

It would also be absurd to notate this in 8/8, at that point you're just over complicating things. There's a clearly laid back feel to the song, feeling it in 8/8 rushes it unnecessarily.

>not liking anything
might as well kill yourself then you fun hating faggot

I thought for a sec that you must be young as shit, but then realized it's me who's old af ;_;

Honestly, I don't have the energy to dislike Coldplay. They make catchy, if simple songs, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy most of their early work. Yeah, they're popular as shit, but I can't be arsed to dislike something just because other people like it. That, and I have good childhood memories of their songs. They're also 100% a band middle-of-the-road music "connoisseurs" like to shit in because they're popular.

youtube.com/watch?v=IakDItZ7f7Q