Is this seriously the greatest work jazz as an art form has to offer?

Is this seriously the greatest work jazz as an art form has to offer?

No, this is.

It's literally The Epic but in 1965.

>Mediocre playing due to limited palette/language on each player's instrument
>Many repeated phrases to water down the piece into something more easily digestible
>Simplify intricate jazz rhythms into grooves that become the main focus of the music
>Loved by jazz fans not actually into jazz

Yet one of them is considered the GOAT of its medium, and the other is rightfully given the label of being overrated.

I'm about to listen to this and if it turns out to be better than Black Saint I'm suing Scruffy for being retarded.

This album isn't all bad as people claimed it to be

>A mediocre composer adds some skronks to a mediocre composition and calls it jazz
Fuck no.

Don't be that guy.

It's pretty fucking amazing. The Clown is Mingus' best work though.

It's arguable. Jazz is so diverse that there is no one easy answer to that question.

The Clown is magnitudes better than this simply because it doesn't have that retarded guitar passage.

I agree on that last part "Loved by jazz fans not actually into jazz"

It really is great musicianship and composition though. Far from the best of the genre though, only rock fans think that.

so what is better or the best in jazz, then?

>charles mingus
>mediocre composer

lel

dunno but i'll tell you what
this album is great

dum dee dum
dum dum dee dee
la la la laaaaaa

it's not even remotely like the epic

No, this is

you seem to be mistaken my friend, this is an afrobeat album and not a jazz album

this one is the best and most modern jazz album

The guitar passage is great, gotta agree with you on The Clown though

Afrobeat isn't jazz?

Nah this is

no

The track "The National Anthem" on this album has far better jazz playing than anything on The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady.

Radiohead fans everyone.

It's funk. That's different than jazz

I didn't say ALL jazz, you retard. TBSATSL's playing is that boring and simple that even Radiohead's got better stuff going on.