Toilet seats

Toilet seats.
Why the fuck did someone cut out that little front bit off?

Tiny dick

So that REAL MEN with huge dicks could rest their penises comfortably instead of letting it splash into the shitwater

so that you can rest your head while puking

It's so you have a place to put your beverage while shitting. It's like a cupholder.

Required by health code

Reason is 2-fold: more hygienic bc our junk is less likely to touch seat. And it's easier for women to wipe after taking a piss without their arm touching the seat

so you braindead apes dont get piss on it for us women, because you're too lazy to lift the seat up.

So that your dick doesn't touch the toilet rim (if it's big enough)

And you're the one calling others braindead, lol?

This poster is correct...

You are not. You're so damn stupid, you think all of our piss conveniently sprays on just the front of the seat.

Just end yourself. Save others from having to deal with your stupid, sexist, moronic shite.

What do you think you need that little piece for anyway?

I hate when women leave the seat down, very inconsiderate for me to have to lift it when I have to pee, what if I had assumed it was up and peed all over the toilet. tsk tsk

I piss all over the seat and handle. all you hoes got my aids. I love to do that in public woman bathrooms lol

user are you fucking retarded it so your dck doesn't touch the seat

it's so you can pee without pulling the seat up as a man

Cheaper manufacturing purposes. It reduces the manufacturing process to a single cutting process, versus two separate cutting processes. Commercial toilets are typically desired to be as cheap & inexpensive as people can get away with, versus the toilet seats in your house which have a slightly more expensive to make seat without that gap, as well as a lid.

It's so if you forget to put the seat up you can still do it while you piss

for us long balled niggas (like and subscribe)

Molded plastic it's not like these are milled from a solid piece. Jesus your dumb

/thread

The plastic bit being there would be more comfortable as opposed to ice cold porcelain.

You've never looked under the bowl have you? Pee pee drips and lingers under there.

And the mold's design was taken from seats that were previously cut from stock. Jesus you're (not "your") dumb, and ignorant of these things in the manufacturing industry.
But being that you're an edgelord on Sup Forums, you probably honestly believe that gap is for traps to sit down, or some equally retarded shit.

i always thought like
if you stand when you pee its so the pee stream ends and just misses the seat
in theory

It's there so you don't get stuck by vacuum if you flush while you sit there.

This is suddenly a YLYL thread and this user has the best post.

couldnt you use that tho to suck all the poop out thats leftover inside your ass?
so is the gap to make sure toilet paper still sells?

Oh fuck. I did that on an airplane once. Literally had to pry open a gap between my legs to get air in to release the vacuum. Scariest thing I've ever had happen to me.

a gap so when the water overflows the turds can float out onto the bathroom floor.

That's a fine Ass Gasket

no..it isnt. not even close

Less seat to clean, cheaper to maintain.

who the fuck is gonna rub their dick on that nasty porcelain ledge with piss and shitflakes on it?

pls elaborate

Its so guys dont accidentally get they junk squished between the seat and the toilet, e.g. when you are putting the seat down as you are sitting on it.

because otherwise it is really hard to fit it up your ass.

At the end of the day, the shape choice of a toilet seat is about it's reliability. In normal usage, U shaped seats are MUCH less likely to break over the long term than O shaped seats.

Hmm, I doubt it. My dick is pretty big and my biggest problem is that terrible feeling when the tip of my dick touches the fucking water. Goddamn I hate that.

Google:"The code has no legal force, but because it is followed by many public authorities, many public toilets feature open front toilet seats (also called "split seats"). The purpose for this seat design is to allow women to wipe the perineal area after using the toilet without contacting the seat."

You've lived a peaceful life.

Was OWNED BY
Jesus, your dumb

The gap is to allow the seat to flex rather than break when sat on or slammed.

Commercial toilet seats are designed to be cheap and work rather than be aesthetic.

Well. I was on this flight to London and had to use the restroom. It turned out to be a particularly stinky one and I didn't want to destroy the flight for everyone so I figured I'd do a courtesy flush to reduce the smell in the fuselage. I pressed the little flush button not knowing that it uses the lower outside airpressure to flush. Unlucky I had formed a perfect vacuum seal and hence got pulled down by the sharp pressure drop. I managed to reach out and push the button that calls the flight attendant. She explained that I had to let air in in order to get loose. Most humiliating experience of my life.

youre lucky your intestines weren't sucked out of the plane

Too broad of a hole and too long of a tube to generate that kind of pressure/suction

That's the funniest thing I've read on Sup Forums

From reddit: "It's actually a materials science thing.

See, circular-shaped objects have rigidity based on their form. This means they resist deformation when force is applied (your ass sitting on toilet seat). This can be a good thing: Toilet seat feels structurally sound when sitting on it.

The problem is that the rigidity is not infinite. There is a snap point, and since the form is not able to bend, when the snap point is hit, it usually fails VERY BADLY. In our case, this often means replacing the toilet seat ($$$).

By taking a very small wedge out of an otherwise full circle, it changes the whole dynamic of the form. All of a sudden we have a U shape instead of an O. Now, both "legs" of the U are able to (mostly) independently move. This raises the "snap point" as the materials are now able to bend effectively and more thoroughly distribute load.

At the end of the day, the shape choice of a toilet seat is about it's reliability. In normal usage, U shaped seats are MUCH less likely to break over the long term than O shaped seats.

And at the end of the week, reliability is really about money. How long will thing X last given normal use conditions? When will I have to replace it? What are the costs associated with wear and tear? This makes sense in the context of businesses/governments (who usually own the public toilets in question here).

The reason that they are different at home is because at home you also (usually) have aesthetic requirements that automatically trump any cost related requirements. This is due to a combination of (a) people liking to surround themselves with things that are pretty, and (b) home toilet seats get very light use compared to public toilet seats and therefore are (by default) much less likely to fail at any given point in time.

Note: Engineer here. NOT a materials science engineer though, so terminology is likely off, but concepts should be valid for the most part."

faggot

The Mythbusters did an episode about this where they showed it was all but completely impossible for this to happen. The only way it could happen is a complete top to bottom fuckup of the safety systems combined with a goddamned sweaty hamplanet.

So your either a total fucking liar, or a fat tub of whale shit.

Big black nigger dick

likely both

I'm testing this out on my next flight!!

or mythbusters were full of shit.

So piss doesn't dribble across the seat as you stand up

nigga u dum

urine is sterile, retard

It's so you won't dangle your dick on it like every other guy.

It is before it passes through the urethra, which can carry bacteria.

So women don't get pregnant off hobo jizz

it's where you put your pancakes

so comfy...

Funny

>from ...
Faggot.

What they don't tell you is that this is specially made school-type 1/2 ply toilet paper. So in reality you pretty much just put down some standard 2 ply.

Nice story bro