Metabo seconded
Milwaukee are shit

New DeWALT 54V flexvolt shit is top of the line, but expensive AF

Bosh pro / makita

Enjoy your strain

Hitachi

BOSH, HAHAHAHHA FAGGOT

Dewalt is trash. I'd rather use craftsman. Milwaukee and Snap on masterrace

There all made in and owned by the same chinese company you faggots.

what is that? tin snips?

I have to praise Bosch for inventing the sds

I have ryobi rn but if I had a choice Milwaukee

bosh PRO you retard ... know your stuff or GTFO

Ill chalk you down as Harbor Freight or Princess auto

very good too, i do not own any but tried and it s really reliable

>Saying this and still not spelling it right

bosch

with my companies money - Festool
With my own money - Metabo/Dewalt/Panasonic

its very difficult. i need light/small and efficient cost not so much

They are all literally owned by some chinese company or another that also own 3 or 4 "competitor" brands, im not saying buy fucking horrible faggot shit, im saying youre a fucking retard for brand loyalty.

You honestly should be buying old industrial on ebay or elsewhere.

How many of you here are actually professional craftsmen or tradesmen who need truly industrial grade tools and what is your role? Name your preference.

Snap on Are SHIT
Metabo and Kincrome masterace

Dewalt is literally black and decker shit painted yellow. Used to be a good brand.

Never try panasonic, any infos to share about?

No brand today is worth shit. Old iron my friend. Serviceable and will last generations.

I work at a huge warehouse in Australia, where we sell all different power tools:
Metabo, Milwaukee, Makita, Hitachi, DeWALT, Ryobi etc.

You lost me at Panasonic

story time
>buy makita 18v hammer/impact drill with charger and battery (2Amp)
>use it for a 9 months or so for normal drill stuff
>1 2Amp battery with kit
>battery stops being able to be charged one day
>Fuck!
>buy 2 3Amp batteries at HD for 100$
>3 months in, one dies
>Month or so after, the other dies
>Fuck!
>buy 2 2Amp batteries at HD for 100$
>4~months later they both die within a week of each other
>Fuck!
>Fucking Makita and their lithium batteries
>"Gotta keep shit from blowing up! ;-)"
I've been looking at a used Dewalt that's NiCd

Depate over motonet and biltema makes the best tools.

computer dev, terrace/gazebo builder in Indonesia/Africa

I rented industrial tools and almost all of it was makita/hilti

This

Ryobi is best for the in my opinion

Lithium battries can be a crapshoot quality wise, but still way better than NiCd

Ryobi is almost harbor freight teir. Buy it for a specific job and if it makes it to the end it was worth the money.

I bought a normal drill and impact combo for building swing sets and they have lasted me 2 years

Glazier, Makita. Used a new Ryobi drill recently. The chuck on it is completely garbage.

Kobalt

Festool aryan master race

>Anything other than Mastercraft or Milwaukee
Kill yourself.

You know what's up

Ive been considering it

Well that's great dad, but for anything beyond weekend dyi not so much

pricey but they will last forever

not fan of ryobi, never lasted more than 2years

My dad has been a sole auto shop owner/mechanic 35 years and is just a super mechanically inclined/handy person in general and uses Craftsman in his shop if he wants something to last and have a lifetime warranty, and uses Ryobi at home because decent quality and interchangeable batteries.

Kobalt is good a bang for the buck.

Hitachi for chop boxes, they're amazing. Milwaukee for pretty much everything else. Makita is good too. Depends what your doing. I'm a spray foam insulation tech, but do carpentry on the side.

Ive got a question, this ones for welders.
Miller or Lincoln?

Mikita, for the small power tools
Nazel for P-hammers
Snap-on for hand tools

>craftsman
>wants something to last

Thank god craftsman have a lifetime warranty, because everything they make that isn't a hand tool or a measuring tape breaks within a year

lincoln no question, there's a reason theyve been around forever

Fuck yall

Black and Decker duuuuuuhhh

Craftsman used to mean something. Now its chinesium like most others

what console is this?

I build swing sets for a company at least 3 days a week, so I'd say it's worth the money

WATalways bought makita brand, but the battery has some digital bit that it flips that prevents the battery from charging at all

i get it for safety, but fuck. the guy i work with has the impact only version and hes had the same batteries from day one

Your answer depends on what tool you are actually looking for.

A rotary hammer is going to be a very different answer to a drill. A 26" compound miter saw is going to be a very different answer to a right angle drill. The only people who get laughed at are the guys who show up with Ryobi, and brandfags who have everything 1 brand, including bags and their radio

I'm A pipe fitter, and bosch angle-grinders arent half bad, their straight grinders are shit though.

Personally own this combo driver + impact since the 24v max release and have not been dissatisfied.
I work in custom manufacturing drilling into wood, metal and concrete... solid set and have not yet wore down the original batteries .

Kobalt for me.

Montgomery Wards

you need brand loyalty because none of the brands batteries are interchangeable so it's a waste of money to have multiple brands. that said a lot of the brands are owned by the same company. i think black and decker and dewalt are the same shit and milwaukee is the same as ryobi i think.

but there's still levels of quality if you're actually using it for construction. if you're just a weekend warrior dad, then it doesn't matter you're not going to break it unless you're incompetent.

I use my impact all day, never fails. Batteries are cheap and last a while. Love kobalt.

Haas

Snap On are some of the best tools on the market. Not only because they perform, but if they break, the tool truck and a free replacement are a phone call away. BluePoint however is total garbage

Lincoln. The old AC225's are basically immortal as long as you blow them out with an air hose every couple of weeks.

Seeing as this thread is occupied by people with the right kind of intellect, i have a question i need you to answer:
What type of consumer battery can i buy which would be within a budget of 1oo dollars and which would have a voltage of 3V or higher?
I wan't to make a railgun and develop a prototype sniper rifle, can't do that if i dont have the charge.

Also, what type of capacitors would you recommend, im looking for one with love capacitance and massive charge, since i will need to release all that power in an instant.

Rigid all the way baby!

This Porter Cable is the best choice for cordless impact drills. Mechanic of 16 years. I've used them all.

Refrigeration Mechanic in Canada
I do mostly service now but I always try to stay away from dewalt nowadays, i've found it's quality to start lacking quite a bit the last few years, big Milwaukee fan for some time but makita is good as well.

not fucking dewalt anymore since they contracted it out.

If you have the money. Go with hilti. But I hate their cordless circular saw.

Aside from a drill and maybe a small sawzall, nothing you own should be cordless to begin with

For the caps you can try photo flash electrolytics. Even the cheap ones will hold 30 joules and they can be banked easily, plus they're dirt cheap.

Hilti

Anything from harbor freight

This is incorrect. To only be loyal to snap on is to miss out on better stuff. I traded in my snap on cordless impact for the Mac cordless and never looked back. Also matco makes a better angle grinder than snap on. However the snap on air saw is a fucking monster.

Snap-on in my city is no longer allowed at the city shops or another large truck shop I know of because one of the tool trucks was a fuck not honoring warranty for guys because he was too lazy to do the paperwork

Stanley/ Black and Decker/Dewalt family. Solid entry level for pneumatic. Wouldn't bother with anything else

It's literally literal you literal fucking piece of literal shit millennial

Electrician, all the contractors around here get either Milwaukee or Dewalk. I vastly prefer Milwaukee. Though for non-battery powered tools Hilti Hammer Drills are the best.

looks like some fine designed crap tool wih a lot of housemaid grade gadgets to make it expensive..

true, i myself use corded with most stuff. but again i'm not in a jobsite. some sites are too big to connect to a generator/fighting for plug space.

Chicago Electric

Homie... my cnc router table 5ftx8ft and my Kobalt tools.

Except the drill I posted isnt pneumatic.. Black and Decker is junk. Stanley is Mac.

Sounds like someone needs their franchise revoked. Snap On doesnt fuck around with that. The guy who services my dealership was doing something similar, on top of charging all kinds of hidden fees (storage fee if you didnt accept a tool the day it hit his truck for example) Snap On revoked his franchise of 5 trucks and divided up his protected districts

Mastercraft

Electrician and glazier. They make great cordless and corded tools. Batteries last years. I buy a new drill and driver about every 2-3 years after heavy use. 18v Lion tools are all great. I have most of them. Cordless SDS is especially good.

Ok Satan

Carpenter and plumber, Hilit is the best then Porta Cable

Lol you would be better off using your hands to turn the bit.