Was there ever a better time to be on Sup Forums?

Was there ever a better time to be on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpX_FyUdVo0
youtube.com/watch?v=lSfdQAadylo
archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/46919367
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcorconazo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Preferred some Torres and >moyes desu

That whole season was beautiful. Slippy G and >moyes in one season, only TORRES compares.

Butler interception. Literally broke the site

Was Sup Forums a thing when this happened?

Yes, I was there

2014 was GOAT, yes

after that comes 2010
then 2013

2011, 2012, 2015, 2016 have been dogshit

>jabulani

memiest of memeballs, still have one of those cunts

Sup Forums was renamed "Sup Forums - english goalkeeping" for a while

This was a GOAT moment but Sup Forums didn't go as crazy as with >TORRES, >mouyes and the slip

Fuck, forgot image

>it fucking scrolls

It wasn't quite until afterwards that Sup Forums realised the significance of this moment. It was only once we found out about 'this does not fookin' slip' in Gerrard's team talk and then Liverpool went on to choke the league, that this was cemented as an eternal Sup Forums meme

>TORRES, on the other hand was the GOAT moment - Torres' redemption and Chelsea's revenge (after the FUCKING DISGRACE) in one single moment, combined with Gary Neville's orgasm on commentary

>torres barely shows up for chelski
>decides to show up against barcelona with goal that still gives their fans and best player PTSD

yup

>THIS
>DOES
>NOT
>FOOKIN
>SLIP

During the huelocaust I almost wished I was on Sup Forums rather than watching it.

MADMAN

>18-1
>7-1
>/lifelong/ Lester wins the title

OH STEVIE HES DONE YOU AGAIN

>Gary Neville's orgasm on commentary
makes me kek every time
youtube.com/watch?v=tpX_FyUdVo0

2008 olympics

Absolute madman.

1/2

On April 13 2014, Liverpool entertained Manchester City at home in what would be a huge test for the Reds if they were to pick up their first league title in 24 years. A lighting start with goals from Sterling and Skrtel saw Liverpool 2-0 up within 26 minutes, but a City fightback to 2-2 created a nervous atmosphere around Anfield.

A cagey period ensued, before Coutinho found the net in the 78th minute to win the game and send the crowd into raptures. Liverpool held on to win the game 3-2, and at the final whistle Steven Gerrard huddled around the nine other men in red shirts left on the pitch. The captain had a blunt, but important message for his men: "this does not slip".

A week later Rodgers' Reds travelled to Nowrich and saw off a resilient Norfolk side 2-3, with goals from Suarez and Sterling. All eyes to Anfield, for next week's title defining game - Chelsea at home.

Liverpool showed no fear as they attacked from the off, but Jose Mourinho's men dug in with an effective defensive display.

The Reds frustrated, the game ticked on to added time in the first half with captain Gerrard on the ball. In the middle of the pitch, Gerrard looked up to find a red shirt to pass to, but then disaster struck.

Gerrard lost his footing and gave the ball to Demba Ba. The former Newcastle man made no mistake, slotting home in front of the kop to give Chelsea the lead going into half time. It would prove to be a costly slip, as Liverpool pressed hard for an equaliser but ran out 0-2 losers. With Manchester City resurgent and with games in hand, the title was now out of the Reds' own destiny.

A trip to Selhust park was next on the agenda for the Reds, and Liverpool raced into a 0-3 lead against Crystal Palace - goal difference was a crucial factor now, but Liverpool were a side with firepower. Defending, as Rodgers said, was easy.

I've got warm memories of the 2012 and 2016 Olympics. Both times Britain started off slowly and the shitposters were coming out. Then that glorious rumbling into gear and gold after gold after gold.

new fag

2/2

Pressing for a fourth, a neat Palace counter reduced the deficit, before a second placed the game within the Eagles' reach with minutes remaining. The title dream was in the balance for Liverpool, though the Redmen pressed on, undeterred by their clear defensive frailties.

With two minutes remaining, an end-to-end match ended in disaster for Liverpool. Dwight Gayle slotted home his second of the match to level the match at 3-3. At the final whistle, Liverpool returned to the summit of the Premier League table, but the damage was done – wins for City in their final two games would see the blue side of Manchester crowned champions. Liverpool needed a miracle.

Sure enough, a clinical City dispatched Everton to set up a final day title showdown – the first time in the Premier League era Liverpool entered the final day as potential champions. A win against Newcastle was not enough though, as Manchester City easily saw off West Ham at home to take their second Premier League crown.

Rodgers' men had dared to dream but ultimately had slipped up. Liverpool's unexpected title challenge had been brilliant though, and surely, under Rodgers, that first Premier League crown is just around the corner. Watch this space.

>Be Leeds fan
>Grow to like Neville as a human being

that whole year was the GOAT

winter olympics, >moyes, slippy G and the world cup

UNBELIEVABLE

>Rodgers' men had dared to dream but ultimately had slipped up. Liverpool's unexpected title challenge had been brilliant though, and surely, under Rodgers, that first Premier League crown is just around the corner. Watch this space.

lmao

Still not sure why Sup Forums loves this moment so much. Why wouldn't you have rathered Liverpool win the league instead of Chelsea that year?

Liverpool fans got so fucking full of themselves on here that season.

Their collapse was fast, brutal, and deserved.

Liverpool winning the league marks the death of football. We wouldn't hear the end of it for another 96 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=lSfdQAadylo

Liverpool fans were on top delusion levels I think Sup Forums would have been okay with fucking United winning it that year over Livershit.

So you'd rather see the same teams win the league every year? What the fuck? Different champions is a good thing. I bet some of you people were hoping for Arsenal or City to top Leicester last year too (hint: you shouldn't have.)

Absolutely not, Leicester winning was perfect. Imagine this even with Chelsea, United, and Liverpool imploding ARSENAL COULDNT WIN THE EPL HAHAHA.

Also it would have been a different team if Le Arse won anyway because they've not won the EPL in over a decade so not sure why you would include them.

Different teams winning is fine, just not Liverpool.

where do you think you are?
It'd be a great story if Liverpool won. It was absolutely fucking hilarious that they lost the way they did though

>5(five) years ago

What was it like?

2010 World Cup

archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/46919367

this, also the entirity of >moyes was god-mode. the match against fulham will always be in my memory as peak moyes, celebrating like a madman and watching his team crumble to a 2-1 loss in fergie time crouched over screaming into his hands

tfw got honorable mention at science fair for proving the jabulani was shit

it was a 2-2 draw though

2012 - Torres
2014 - Moyes/The Slip
2016 - Lestah
2018 - ?

Ah yes. Nobody ever thought they could top the beach ball incident.

BASED

>2018 - ?
England winning the World Cup. Just imagine. This place would go down in flames.

GOAT

England losing 8-1 in the World Cup final

what will 2017 be

To Iceland.

Lestah winning the CL? Other that that, I can't see anything interesting happening. But 2018 will be the apex of this board.

This was creepy as fuck desu. There was also a possibility he snuck into the other person's house n video recorded them right?

Better yet. USA WINNING THE WORLD CUP WE'D BE THE BEST AT SOCCERBALL FOREVER

2012 obviously TORRES and AGUERO amongst others like >The city of bayer and >the city of manchester in the champions league

Nice digits

Nicest digits(dead)

>2016 have been dogshit
>3-1 Cavs for the da land
>3-1 Cubs for the ghetto
>28-3 Brady confirmed GOAT
>Dem Bois one and done or as some like to say, none and done

2016 was not dogshit

Atletico for losing to RM twice. Letting them get LA DECIMA was bad enough but then they lost to them again they'll forever be fail level.

how short is your memory. we already had it

I know you British hate the Germans or something but how dare you forget that 2014 was also about the Hueocost.

Yeah, there were videos in that pdf, it wasn't confirmed that it was UTV house though.

I've been here for 8 years and I have no idea what you're talking about

Wtf Brazil had internet 8 years ago?

>Arsenal at Champions League level.

Im a Evertonian and still think TORRES was Sup Forums's finest hour.

this is up there

-3 Brady confirmed GOAT

what did he mean by this?

fpbp

Cheating Anderlect are the average one

no FUCKING way

Alcorcón you fucking mongs en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcorconazo

Sorry, pleb American here....what happens next in this scene?

fucking lmao

What a world famous club. How could I not recognize them...

>I know you British hate the Germans
Don't confuse jealousy with hatred.
>win two world wars against us
>still worse off than us

British commentators are even shittier than the American hones

>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES>TORRES

see

how does he keep getting away with this?

i feel old

Give me a rundown on this: How was this creep able to doxx a faggot who just posted as a trip on Sup Forums?

Chelsea - Man United 4-0 was a pretty good recent one

Teboq threads were the pinnacle of Sup Forums

Jesus wills it

No chance, this goal was completely irrelevant

Chelsea didn't win the league that year.

Football works on a 2 years schedule, nothing nice happens in odd years.

>your taste in Sup Forums years

Found the janitard.

United winning the title would burn down the board. Every goal would be offside, every tackle wiill be callded a missed pemalty. Half the board will become NEET PTSD faggots.

Liverpool fans had been acting like they'd won the league for weeks before the Slippy G incident brought them straight back down to earth.

>Still not sure why Sup Forums loves this moment so much.

it was like pottery

you couldn't have made it up if you tried

Top kek this was amazing and disgusting at the same time
IIRC I think it was found to be a hoax but the video of him standing outside a door (supposedly UTV's house) and one of just a hand opening and closing were creepy as shit. Not to mention the amount of work and time spent on it if it was a hoax is weapons grade autism.

AHHHHHHH
HE'S BACK

Idk man this shit legitimately made me cringe like holy fuck how can someone even become like that.