Neofolk thread

If you're new to this type of music, download the introductory 3-disc compilation I made for my father's birthday here: mega.nz/#!K8AgGAYQ!drHWbi646tZ3t0DRQZleKbcMBzEeQClX1NzOMzAuETs

(((other Anons are invited to make and share their own introductory compilations, charts, memes and OC)))

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbDS2O-0Rr4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8B-b1N56-A
youtube.com/watch?v=_9hEUXCB-XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1Zi639VO8Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=GiA1SPIlLRg
youtube.com/watch?v=LHKft53rJzI
youtube.com/watch?v=wnrfODsHm-0
youtube.com/watch?v=o_QbyP6q0AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aPVuzqtsBDg
youtube.com/watch?v=er5F80ibxgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R713oONRmpY
youtube.com/watch?v=liUmg40ispw
youtube.com/watch?v=BgO3RZb4HlI
youtube.com/watch?v=cvGIUcLSV2I&t=819s
youtube.com/watch?v=5dsscWjr1IA
youtube.com/watch?v=_iGujuf_Wmo
youtube.com/watch?v=CY6ycwcWa6E
youtube.com/watch?v=bsHREJo1oO8
youtu.be/c71RCAyLS1M?t=30s
youtube.com/watch?v=1Xib5e_wyjY
youtube.com/watch?v=UnWUFWPE4Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=3aVCJj6PG6k&list=PLX1m6jA6F6Q95elre43ZrqkW3zva7K0mp&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=1TlMsXybBCA
youtube.com/watch?v=geLF8j2rmxw
youtube.com/watch?v=KGqBg3c2Kd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

About to listen to Rome for the very first time, what should I expect

To anryone interested in John Murphy (1959-2015):
mega.nz/#!fswDRSBJ!ijbzN0xh8dV5Z2AazgcEelMAYnb2kS9uk-0NX95xWRg

This archive comprises all of Murphy's solo work (Shining Vril) gathered from many neofolk / post-industrial compilations and "All My Sins Remembered", a 2016 commemorative compilation made by friends and colleagues of Murphy featuring among others Nikolas Schreck, :Of The Wand And The Moon:, Blood Axis, SPK, Genocide Organ, Die Weisse Rose and Andrew King. Profits were donated to Murphy's wife to cover for medical and funeral expenses.

Some tastes of his work:
youtube.com/watch?v=QbDS2O-0Rr4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8B-b1N56-A
youtube.com/watch?v=_9hEUXCB-XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1Zi639VO8Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=GiA1SPIlLRg

I very much recommend his and Nikolas Schreck's performance "In her thrall" for a demonstration of his capabilities as an improvising live musician:
youtube.com/watch?v=LHKft53rJzI

I'm announcing my leave for the night, cooking and spending time with family I will be absent from today's thread for the longest time. I am sure you anons will keep the flag flying.

Competent musicianship with pop appeal and very well-written subtly political lyrics - quite obviously most og Rome's albums have a theme, in the case of your pic the Spanish civil war. Also check out his newest album The Hyperion Machine as well as some of his older stuff. Confessions d'un Voleur d'Amés and Nos Chants Perdu are also great entrypoints for new listeners. His albums are all very different so if you don't like Flowers From Exile, just try another one.

I will return in 5 hours.

good music
youtube.com/watch?v=wnrfODsHm-0

Wardruna is good

I agree
youtube.com/watch?v=o_QbyP6q0AQ

Has anyone put together a Neofolk chart?

I've been considering making a neofolk flowchart, but I'm too damn biased.

when I have free time I will try. i have a good avant freak folk one

youtube.com/watch?v=aPVuzqtsBDg

make it anyway desu

Hope you like OTWATM.

lmao what is this flavor of the month fag thread?

I sure do
youtube.com/watch?v=er5F80ibxgQ

homophobes not welcome

don't be tsun tsun user kun

You motherfuckers better explain quick what the fuck is going on in here or I'm going to destroy your asses.

Working on a neofolk flowchart lads.

were enjoying pagan inspired folk music and dark ambient ITT. It just happens that most neo-folk and industrial artists are fooking gay m8
youtube.com/watch?v=R713oONRmpY
youtube.com/watch?v=liUmg40ispw

Lmao you couldn't even convert the flacs to mp3. Thanks anyways.

Please include Solanaceae, Spiritual Front, and Cult of Youth. Maybe even a path that leads to power electronics.

make sure you add Swastikas For Noddy
youtube.com/watch?v=BgO3RZb4HlI

youtube.com/watch?v=cvGIUcLSV2I&t=819s

bump

>you couldn't even convert the flacs to mp3
Why the fuck would anyone want that?

just bumping preety much but wanted to say that this shit is a jam man dl'ing now

Explain.

nice, it's a fantastic album and a cornerstone of neo-folk imo. Also he did the industrial version of the album with some of the songs, this album is one of my fave current 93 albums
youtube.com/watch?v=5dsscWjr1IA

Whats this generals opinion on later C93 stuff like Birth Canal Blues, Aleph or Baalstorm Sing Omega?
These albums are literally never discussed, they arent really like Tibets normal stuff (is there even such a thing like Tibets normal stuff?) but I am really liking them.

ur really going to listen to a nazi lmao

yes

yiss

i'm big into tibet's industrial music and I really enjoy his work with birth canal. I think when it comes to any of his work, I honestly have yet to find anything weak. He is consistent in great music output.

I'm back with my Neofolk flow chart. Tried to fit as many records on there as I could.

Good charts.
You should add picture related, it's actually one of my favourite albums. And also Sturmpercht - Schattenlieder.

Also: Listen to Wöljager.
youtube.com/watch?v=_iGujuf_Wmo

I like this, this is really well done!

Excellent work, my friend. I've been thinking of doing a Death In June chart for which I am in the process of collecting covers at the moment.

I'm not familiar with the other two but I loved Aleph at Hallucinatory Mountain. I'm not really into rock music these days but that was a great listen.

This looks promising.

Thanks for the feedback lads.

yea Im thinking of doing one specifically for current 93 an death in june, but I need to relisten to both's entire catalog to refresh myself haha
youtube.com/watch?v=CY6ycwcWa6E

little dark ambient too
youtube.com/watch?v=bsHREJo1oO8

Ever met any neofolk musicians? I haven't, but I talk to Kim Larsen on Facebook every now and then.

I was too scared to speak to him when I saw him at a concert, that guy has an unnerving fire in his eyes.

Stood next to him at a busstation, we didn't really talk though.

> tfw no neofolk bf to listen to music with and practice greek love

How could he trigger him so much?
youtu.be/c71RCAyLS1M?t=30s

he didn't believe in the beauty of man on man love

He's an intimidating looking man, but he seems kind. Did he have his big beard?

>youtube.com/watch?v=_iGujuf_Wmo
I love this.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Xib5e_wyjY

songs that give you the goosebumps hardcore
youtube.com/watch?v=UnWUFWPE4Z0

Great song. Starting to dive into Coil's discography. Some of their work is having an influence on the stuff I'm making.

That album is absolutely amazing

I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel is fucking insane, definitely recommend.
youtube.com/watch?v=3aVCJj6PG6k&list=PLX1m6jA6F6Q95elre43ZrqkW3zva7K0mp&index=4

great to hear. this is their best work imo this whole album, such a great atmosphere it;'s incredible.
youtube.com/watch?v=1TlMsXybBCA

bumping with pong
youtube.com/watch?v=geLF8j2rmxw

is this the gayest general?

youtube.com/watch?v=KGqBg3c2Kd8

I always thought they sounded too poppy and sterile

poppy?