A question for the people of the USA...

A question for the people of the USA. When was the last time an ordinary american citizen stopped a tragedy using his gun? Is this argument even reasonable?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Minnesota_mall_stabbing
americanmilitarynews.com/2017/09/tennessee-church-shooter-kills-female-parishioner-injures-seven-others/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=alt&utm_source=goa
cnn.com/2017/01/12/us/arizona-good-samaritan-kills-man-beating-trooper/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one?

I want answers too

Where are you from, friend?

>When was the last time an ordinary american citizen stopped a tragedy using his gun?
WWII

Not any time recently to my knowledge. One of the biggest problems in this country is that the special interest groups for guns (mostly the NRA) holds the republican party financially hostage and forces them to pursue a pro-gun agenda. Due to propaganda and penis compensation, you also have a lot of people in this country who vote for someone STRICTLY on their gun stance and NOTHING else.

I am actually a big fan of the amendment and I see nothing wrong with gun ownership, inherently. The problem is that you have a lot of people who abuse that right and there is no easy legislative answer. The RNC's owned by the gun companies and the left is so reactionary that conversation ALWAYS gets shut down before it can even start. Also, the Bill of Rights is one of those things that CAN'T be touched by congress.

I am pro-gun but I think even America's glorification and liberal nature of them is a bit rediculous. IMO we should push for stricter background checks (especially among private sellers), get rid of Dicky Rider ( a bullshit act that says we aren't even allowed to research gun violence), and make assault weapons and assault modifications even harder to obtain.

op has no life and sucks cocks

yawn
more lies

Well, just before I came here I was reading about a 14 yo kid shot and killed a mountain lion that had been killing their livestock.
He saw it attack his cat, grabbed his 30-06, and put a bullet through the mountain lion's heart.
The kitty is fine.
Yes, losing livestock, the family pet, and possibly losing a brother/sister in the near future is a tragedy.

shill shill shill shill shill shill shill shill shill

You know what I meant.
Interesting. But are those lobbies that powerful? I get the impression that the GOP's interest is more of an electoral nature, they support it because of the public opinion.

Yeah, that's a bunch of bull. Tragedy had been happening for years before the allies got around to doing anything about it. Just like Syria, except with Syria everyone just continues to sit on their ass.

I'd also like to point out that most heroic USA myths about WWII are bullshit. Yes, we made a difference, especially in the pacific theater and in instituting post-war policy, but we basically hugged Italy and the western front of Germany when we finally arrived late to the action. Russia by leaps and bounds lost more soldiers and used way more guns to stop German tragedy than any other nation in that conflict. (Not to glorify Russia. They were pretty shitty themselves in a lot of ways).

>Bill of Rights can't be touched by Congress
Yes, it can. It can be amended like any other part of the Constitution, by Congress and state ratification, or by a convention and state ratification. There is no law that says it can't.

Gun owner here, btw.

keep on telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. See where it gets the country.

>Bill of Rights can't be touched by Congress
Yes, it can. It can be amended like any other part of the Constitution, by Congress and state ratification, or by a convention and state ratification. There is no law that says it can't.

Gun owner here, btw.

i'm genuinely asking.
Why do you disagree?

the NRA is a group of people like any other.
they have 4 million+ members.
knee jerk liberals always play it as some evil entity.

aww a butthurt answer

learn how to post
I may answer you.

In an ideal world, they would be. All lobbies would be. Except they, like many institutions, have reverse-adapted their environment to fit their needs, and through propaganda set out craft their own desires and needs in people. The NRA is simply too powerful. They're not as big as the RNC for sure, but the RNC still really needs their funding to win elections.

For more info on reverse adaptation, I highly reccomend looking into the works of Jaques Ellul, Neil Postman, and Invasive Technification by Gernot Böhme

Why the fuck would anyone need a semi auto rifle if they can defend themselves with a pistol. And saying u use it for hunting is retarded too.

>Russia by leaps and bounds lost more soldiers and used way more guns to stop German tragedy than any other nation in that conflict.

So, the US soldiers were better shots and our officers tended not to send them to certain death when it could be avoided?

sure kid
copy and paste more liberal bullshit.

yawn

relevant how?

The NRA is not powerful because it spends money. over the last election cycle they spent 3 million dollars compared to 38 million dollars from Planned Parenthood.
The NRA is powerful because it has 5 million members who believe in protecting the rights of the 143 million gun owners.
If you want to look at who is owned - the Teamsters Union and so on give the most - mostly to Democrats.

this

It's not called the Bill of Needs, asshole.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Minnesota_mall_stabbing

Here's one

>He saw it attack his cat, grabbed his 30-06, and put a bullet through the mountain lion's heart.
>The kitty is fine.

>killing an endangered animal for the sake of your stinking house cat
he should at least go to jail for that

He's not the one making that retarded argument, Jizzwad.

>Sept 24th 2017
>black man wants to shoot up a church, aiming for whites, in retaliation for crimes against black
racist much?
>good guy with gun stops the attack and holds the attacker at gun point until police arrive

It happens all the fucking time. The media refuses to cover the events though. "Today this didn't occur" to be fair, isn't an exciting headline.

I follow Gun Owners of America and I see "gun owner stops..." stories about twice a week.

Here's one from a few days ago.

americanmilitarynews.com/2017/09/tennessee-church-shooter-kills-female-parishioner-injures-seven-others/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=alt&utm_source=goa

There's countless liveleak videos uploaded every day of this. OP is baiting.

Go ask pol. They just posted a list of them the other day. You won't see it in the media because it doesn't fit their narrative. They only give it screen time when people die so it's easy for people to assume it never happens

Foreign trashcan detected

After killing a white woman in the parking lot.

think how many could have been killed if he had not been stopped, by a good guy with a gun.

Why would you NEED a car that goes over 15mph? Cars that max out at 15 would be MUCH safer and save MUCH more lives than literally banning and confiscating every gun in America.

Never. It's never happened. It's a stupid argument made by liars and dipshits. "Hmm, guns caused a problem? What if we just threw more guns into the mix?"

The only time the argument isn't completely retarded is needing a shotgun to protect your house because you live in the boonies or a handgun on the streets. Anyone who claims they need an AR for either of those situations is lying.

How about last week when that chimp started shooting up a church?

>Go ask pol

why would anyone ever ask Sup Forums anything

Why would you NEED a penis over 2 inches? It would be MUCH safer and save MUCH more virginity than literally banning all niggers from america.

Joke's on you, I only need one that's 1 inch.

Grow up, Snowflake.

The right is there so the citizens can protect themselves from a tyranical goverment.

But it was created in an era without tanks and airforce. So unless they want to amend it again to include the right to drive tanks around, it's semi-useless.

He's the one asking "why do you need?" Cockgobbler

Britfag here.

I agree with the whole "No ARs" thing, but the generally accepted argument against a complete weapons ban is as follows.

If you make it illegal to carry weapons, then the only ones who carry weapons will be criminals.

>obvious bait

What grinds my gears is you Limey/Euro fuck assholes have been playing this same tune for 250 fucking years. I'm fucking serious. Your dumbshit attitudes were noted in the Federalist papers. Before the Bill of Rights were even written.

The BBC recently did a shit article of "reasons gun laws won't change" in the U.S. None of the reasons they listed included the Constitution or our individual rights.

You fucktards simply don't get it. You don't even have freedom of speech. No you don't. No you don't. No you fucking don't.

All of you, Euros, Brits, Canadians, Aussies, all of you send people to prison or levy fines for speech "crimes".

You want to play all reasonable and civilized and you put people in jail for expressing opinions. Fuck off.

Jokes on you, you're a nigger.

http:// fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-city-honors-young-man-who-stopped-gunman-in-nashville-church-shooting

I'm glad you third worlders live where you do and not anywhere near me. now we just have to get rid of your fucking cousins.

>Never. It's never happened.
>The only time the argument isn't completely retarded is needing a shotgun to protect your house because you live in the boonies or a handgun on the streets.
But no ordinary citizen has ever used a gun to stop a tragedy. Never. It's never happened.

See

wow what a loser

>but muh old paper

Obvious bait is obvious
>How do avoided tragedy's get report exactly?
>black on black murder prevents wider spread of violence

I think guns should be treated like other useless relics from a bygone age, in the trash or in a museum.

I like having guns user. I'm just saying we can't protect ourselves against a tyranical American goverment (if/when that happens) with only rifles.

there's a gunwatch blog that regularly cites news articles where people stop violent crime with their guns especially others with deadly weapons

of course you don't hear about it on msm because they only cover the tragedies

people don't exactly stray far in their thought process from the easiest to access information so it's no surprise many will be stupidly clueless

This poster gets it

Liveleak you dumb fuck. There's a rekt thread posted every day for fuck's sake. Pay attention newfag.

Cougars arent endangered

USA bled the allies dry before entering, you probably know nothing of history.

>>>k

Literally dozens of times a day? And that's not even counting all the crimes that have been prevented just by the threat that a homeowner might have a gun..

Minding his boss’ store late one evening, a smoke shop employee in Waco, Texas, was forced to act to defend himself and the property. A man in a ski mask entered the shop, displayed a firearm and demanded money. The employee pulled his own concealed weapon in response and fired several shots at the assailant. The criminal was later admitted to a local hospital with several wounds. (KWTX.com, Waco, TX, 7/30/17)

An armed robber entered a Walgreens pharmacy, jumped over the counter, pointed a gun at people and demanded opioids. A customer, who was legally armed, went into action and shot the robber, killing him. Police said it appeared to be a case of a Good Samaritan in the right place at the right time. Arizona has a “defense of third person” law, which allows a person to use deadly force if they perceive that lives are in danger. (Mohave Valley Daily News, Phoenix, AZ, 8/2/17)

A couple, guests at a hotel, observed a man follow them onto a hotel elevator on their way to their room, and saw him walk in the opposite direction upon exiting. A short while later, the couple opened their door to find the man attempting to stab them with a fork. The male victim engaged in a physical confrontation inside the hotel room with the assailant and was able to knock him down. A legal carry permit holder, the man then retrieved his handgun and shot the intruder. The attacker attempted to run away, but the victim was able to hold him at gunpoint until police arrived. The attacker was taken to a hospital and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The male victim was not charged since he acted in self-defense. (Tennessean, Nashville, TN, 7/31/17)

Just rekt that faggot.

The thing is, even if that's not a good argument, it's not needed anyway. You don't have to defend rights. That's why they're rights. If it can be taken away, it's a privilege you're being given by the State; not a right.

It happens every day but seldomly gets reported because it doesn't help the liberal democrat agenda.

>off duty law enforcement officer
not an average citizen

A clerk at a cell phone store was just doing his job when two men walked into the establishment and asked to look at phones. The clerk started to help them and went into the backroom to grab a phone. When the clerk returned from the back room, one of the men pointed a gun at him. In fear for his life, the store clerk, who has a permit to carry, pulled his gun from his waistband and shot the perpetrator, severely wounding him. The accomplice ran from the store during the exchange of gunfire. The wounded felon, who has a lengthy criminal history, is in the hospital and is charged with first-degree aggravated robbery and two weapons violations. (Pioneer Press, Inver Grove Heights, MN, 8/28/17)

What started off as a regular workday for a county courthouse judge quickly turned into a self-defense emergency. Around 8 a.m. on a Monday morning, the judge was walking through a narrow alley next to the courthouse heading inside when a man got out of his car in a nearby bank parking lot and opened fire at him. The judge, a concealed-carry permit holder, immediately returned fire. A nearby probation officer stepped in and killed the criminal. An accomplice, who was sitting in the car waiting for the shooter, was taken into custody. (The Philadelphia Inquirer, Steubenville, OH, 8/28/17)

Bexar County officials were investigating a shooting in which an armed citizen stopped a woman from being attacked. An ex-boyfriend allegedly forced his way into the residence and began assaulting the woman. A third person—it was not reported whether he was in the house or came in from outside—responded by shooting the alleged assailant, who was taken to a hospital. (mysanantonio.com, San Antonio, TX, 6/17/17)

The AFL-CIO donates around 16 million per election cycle. Thats about the same as the NRA per member actually a bit less. Both arent even in the top 25 donors. The kochs have 6 shell donors in the top 25 and soros has 3. Thats true oligarchs spending for personal interest. The NRA and the unions spend based on their groups interest, thats far less dangerous and irresponsible. Stop the anti middle class rhetoric, its old. When the average Mexican or Chinese worker is making as much as we are the arguement for labor expenses doesnt work anymore.

Except cars are an invention to get from point A to point B
Guns have one destination which is death why do you need to kill someone better yet why do you need the gun to fire repeatedly with hollow rounds that explode because it's faster? More effective? You realise the rest of the world looks at you like a caveman wielding a club violently we get that it's special to you but please focus on your education rather than unfounded paranoia of the government taking over the people with guns or protecting your family

guns. to stop a stabbing....
a taser gun would have worked just as well and not killed the guy responsible for it, making him actually receive some punishment instead of getting off easy by killing him

Armed with handguns, two men broke into a house where they were confronted by the homeowner. According to police, “there was an exchange of gunfire, and both suspects fled the scene.” One of the suspects, suffering from gunshot wounds, was found nearby by police. He was transported to a hospital, where he later passed. The other was taken into custody and charged with felony murder. (Montgomery Advertiser, Montgomery, AL, 7/15/17)

A homeowner shot and killed two people who allegedly broke into his home in a town east of San Francisco. The resident was home when two intruders gained entry to the dwelling. Reports provided few details other than to say that the armed citizen fired in self-defense. The two suspects were pronounced dead at the scene. (sfgate.com, San Francisco, CA, 6/22/17)

Three intruders kicked in the door of a North Carolina home late one Saturday night, alarming the residents. They demanded money from the residents but when they did not comply both parties exchanged gunfire. One of the criminals was shot and killed but no one else was hurt. (The Times-News, High Point, NC, 5/30/17)

Three Florida teens who thought it would be a good idea to ambush a food delivery driver learned a hard lesson. Police say the teens called in the order and gave an address of an abandoned house in Jacksonville. They entered the home to wait for the food. When the meal arrived, the hooligans answered the door and held the man at gunpoint and demanded his money. The deliveryman instead kicked at one of the teens to cause enough of a distraction to draw his Glock. He fired several shots, hitting at least one of the miscreants. Two have been arrested and the other was being sought. “Is the money really worth it?” one witness asked the suspects rhetorically through the media. “Y’all planned to kill someone over $200?” (news4jax, Jacksonville, FL, 6/21/17)

Late one night, a homeowner was awakened by the sounds of someone kicking in the front door of his house and his wife screaming for help. The homeowner immediately retrieved his handgun and ran downstairs to protect his wife. He saw that the intruder had broken in and was approaching him with a piece of wood. At that point, the homeowner fired one shot, hitting the trespasser. The wife then called 9-1-1. The criminal was hospitalized and faces charges including burglary and simple assault. According to police, “The homeowner took action that he thought was necessary to protect himself, his wife and their home. Fortunately, they were not injured.” (York Daily Record, Lancaster, PA, 6/5/17)

Check em op
Also pic related

>man is threatening life with weapon
>doesn't instantly deserve to die
You're an idiot. If you threaten someone else's life your right to live is instantly forfeit.

You mean going to prison ? That costs us tax payers $32,000 a year for 1 inmate. No thanks.

Are you my girlfriend's dad?

Anything on the bill of rights can be taken by the state, retard. They're rights by us. Not by authoritarian left cucks like you.

cnn.com/2017/01/12/us/arizona-good-samaritan-kills-man-beating-trooper/
>cop gets beaten
>man with gun comes save cop

Every fucking day. We have what freedoms we have because we as a populace have guns. The minute you don't have guns, you get this Catalan bullshit, where you want something that people normally have to fight for, but have no means to fight. So you just whine like a bunch of stupid liberal faggots while the government calls in the military.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Just because you don't know about the disease you didn't get doesn't mean the prevention wasn't worth it.

When a white church was shot by a black man, some guy in the church shot him

Its possible

American citizens stop tragedies every day with the right to arm themselves. Just the fact that someone can have a gun deters idiots from doing dumb shit just anywhere. Instead take note of the places these shootings do occur... "gun free zones" that permit the person who doesn't follow the rules to be the only one there who has a gun, until the cops show up, but that doesn't really matter, because they probably didn't plan on escaping or surviving in the long run, just wanted to see how many casualties they could rack up before going down.

A smart person on Sup Forums?

holy shit

Don’t get between a mother and her child—the mother’s love will win out almost every time. That’s one of the takeaways a burglar in Indianapolis learned. A 19-year-old male was forcing his way into an apartment. The adult female resident, who has several children, responded with lethal gunfire, and the suspect died in the doorway of her home. Witnesses not only defended the woman’s right to shoot, but also provided information about two alleged accomplices in the burglary. “It is disheartening that we see burglaries resulting in death, but we live in Indiana and it’s legal for people to have guns to protect themselves,” said Indianapolis Metro Police Department officer Aaron Hamer. The mother and children were not hurt. (fox59.com, Indianapolis, IN, 6/7/17)

Late one night a family was asleep in their home when the male homeowner was awakened by a noise on the porch. When he went to investigate, he found an intruder breaking into the home. The homeowner and trespasser had a physical confrontation, which ended with the homeowner shooting and killing the criminal. The other occupants of the home slept through the incident. (The News Tribune, Browns Point, WA, 4/16/17)

Early one Saturday evening, an intruder broke into a home with the intention of robbing the place. Alarmed from the disturbance, the homeowner confronted the trespasser, who then deployed a Taser on the homeowner several times. Eventually, the homeowner was able to retrieve his gun and shoot the robber, killing him. (abc15.com, Kingman, AZ, 5/28/17)

Ok, why don't you own heavy artillery and a nuclear bomber which obviously are arms as well?

Well these two raised awareness of the menace of black trench coats in 1999.

No one is gonna read your essay you massive faggolio

Nobody wants to hear your answer Alex Jones

I go to liveleak almost everyday and have not once seen this
I want what you're smoking bud

Every day police using guns stop crime. Unless you consider the police to be super-citizens or something (but i guess that's the religion of statism).

Yes it happens quite often. Go to NRA.org (National Rifleman's Association) GOA.org (Gun Owners of America) or JPFO.org (Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership) websites for many instances. You never hear about it on network news because it doesn't fit their fake news narrative.

You know I could make up a believable story and go to Sup Forums right now and post it and people there would believe it without any evidence

Yeah don't ever trust Sup Forums, they're literally the most autistic board here

You don't hear about those stories except for local news coverage.