Sup Forums i got the day off and want to watch a movie ive never seen thats actually good. what should i watch?

Sup Forums i got the day off and want to watch a movie ive never seen thats actually good. what should i watch?

Seen Cube yet?

Emoji Movie

Badlands

i have and its one of my favorites! something like this. i also like dark city and there will be blood.

Hesher

>Badlands
i have never seen this...

titanic because your shit isn't getting a grammy.

Comfy prison kino.

Flawed but enjoyable.

I'll start with DiCaprio movies since you posted him. Not sure what you have and haven't seen but here are some really great movies:

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (DiCaprio plays an autistic 15 year old boy in this, outstanding performance and should've won him an Oscar)

The Great Gatsby (Not rated as highly but a very convincing performance, he makes a great Gatsby)

Inception (Decent film all around though you might've already seen it.

Other films to watch without a doubt:

Gladiator
Interstellar
Schindler's List
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Saving Private Ryan
Admiral
The Godfather
First 3 Bourne movies
The Untouchables

Man all those movies suck ass
I need something good.

Sorry accidentally posted without finishing...

Continuing:

Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
Lord of the Rings movies
The Graduate
The Pianist
The Prestige
The Illusionist
Memento
The Great Dictator
Reservoir Dogs
Requiem For a Dream
Young and Beautiful (Jeune et Jolie in French)

not op

A lot of those are some of the most highly rated films of all time, so not sure how they "all suck ass". Maybe your taste in movies is just awful?

In that case I recommend Battle: Los Angeles.

Continuing:

Dunkirk
Inglorious Basterds
The Hunt
Incendies
Warrior
La La Land (unless you hate musicals)
12 Years a Slave
Shutter Island

Those are some of the most highly rated movies of all times and I recommend every one that I posted.

hidden figures and fences

Whiplash

The Thing

The Void

thanks for all the suggestions. honestly ive seen most all of them besides the boy in the striped pajamas and admiral.

is the void actually worth it? seemed like maybe it was trying too hard

Of those two I'd give Admiral a watch then. It's a Dutch film named "Michiel de Ruyter" as it's based on him. In English the film is known as Admiral and last I checked was on U.S. Netflix.

It really is quite a hidden gem once the action picks up. Charles Dance makes an appearance in it too.

And if you're looking at starting any TV series, I can recommend a few....

They're not specifically outstanding but very entertaining (in my opinion) and really immersive.

Vikings
Black Sails
Mad Men

I've only seen it once but have thought about it several times since then. That's worth something.

All god-tier. Nice.

This or stalker.

Lol, cheers for the agreement. Of course, there are thousands of films that are good, but usually when people ask for some good films to watch I'll go down the list of highest rated and recommend the ones I think highly of.

Aliens
John wick series
Watchmen
Wolfman w benicio del toro
Gravity

Minority report
The abyss
U571
V for vendetta
The immortals
Drive
Dredd