Crabs do not suffer from boiling water. There's no reason to kill then before cooking

Crabs do not suffer from boiling water. There's no reason to kill then before cooking.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1385053/Shocking-footage-dog-boiled-alive-steamer.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree.

How do they not suffer? Do they not feel heat?

Who gives a fuck if they suffer or not, they're giant ocean bugs, and if you want to eat them you've got to kill them one way or another.

tasty/10

you're not supposed to kill them are you?

I don't really care if they suffer. Crustaceans are bigger but they're basically sea bugs. A lobster is about as intelligent as a grass hopper.

prove yourself right

Which statement am I supposed to prove wrong? To the second point, I would suggest that killing them yourself might be fun, or if you have kids around it might relieve them of the fear that the crab is feeling pain even if it actually isn't

Their body spasms and increased sense of "panic" when being put in boiling water is caused by muscle spasms. The huge amount of ganglia in the crabs body detects hest as a "noxious stimulus" that can hurt the crab, causing the crab to spasm and get away from the stimulus. However, none of these transmissions are sent to the brain. The crab doesn't actually know it's hot. There's 0 suffering

Are you retarded? Every creature feels pain. It's an autonomic response to avoid damage.

Grow a pair and admit we just don't care that crabs feel pain, because they fall way below the cute/tasty threshold.

Mostly the reason i would kill them before cooking them is because i have no intention to cook a whole crab.

They obviously feel pain you fucking retard, they love around when thrown in boiling water. I have pet crabs and they have personalities and humans don't even havent eat them. It's needless torture

Neat.

Literally nobody cares

Wrong. You obviously never learned anything beyond basic biopsychology

Retard, read

I love how people think this is "Cruel". Awful shit happens every damn day so you can get your yummy tendies and plum sauce.

You're wrong OP. Crabs do in fact feel pain when being boiled alive but that pain also makes for more succulent crab meat.

Peer reviewed source from reputable journal, please

You made the claim that they didn't feel pain first. The burden of proof then falls on you.

dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1385053/Shocking-footage-dog-boiled-alive-steamer.html

C R A B B R A I N S
C R A B B R A I N S
C R A B B R A I N S

>dailymail
>Shocking-footage-dog-boiled-alive-steamer
kys yourself

You didn't even get dubs

So you've been reading David Foster Wallace...

OP is a faggot, but is also correct. Crabs, like most sea critters, do not have the neural capabilities to transmit pain in the same way that we (mammalians) do. For them, "pain" illicits an instinctual response to avoid the source, but the source is not "painFUL" in the same sense that we would define it.

I shouldn't have said mammalian, because many other (more complex) life forms experience true pain other than mammals. However, there is research suggesting that they pain animals experience is much less intense than human pain, because their brains lack the ability to interpret it in such a severe manner

ahhh but I did. Czech em

Plato's allegory of the cave illustrates why we'll never know if the crab actually ever feels "real" pain (vs. the "fake" pain we think they feel)
We're basically just saying "crabs are simple creatures so it's ok"

they dont