Hello everyone! I...

Hello everyone! I, High Priest Jabbawabba of The Church of Ovanubu am back to spread the word of Ovanists and answer questions. Original thread mostly catalogued here, which will soon be updated with the rest of it. youtu.be/oXwj-jO4l8Q

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Welcome back Jabbawabba

Good to be back

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Huzzah! The High Priest is back!

>cataLOGued

Why thank you! And how are you today?

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Indeed

~High Priest Jabbawabba

I am going very well, thank you.

Happy to hear that. Have you spread the religion around to anyone yet?

Oh, before I forget, I have good news involving the writing of our holy book!

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Greetings, and welcome to the thread.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

I have picked a working title, The Ovanum, and continued writing it. The process is going well so far, and Ovanubu said that I will have a helper. I plan to go where he said to meet this “helper” tomorrow, and will give updates on how that goes.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Unfortunatley I have not spread the word at all... I need more information to work with if I am to do so...

Be sure to update us on how your meeting goes

I’m happy to give any and all information needed. What would you like to know?

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Why of course, likely will be posted around the same time as this. I try to standardize when I get on, around 10 PM EST.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Well, to start, could Ovanubu be treated as similar to the christian god in terms of worship? Like would I pray to Ovanubu like christians would pray to their god? And does Ovanubu has similar powers as the christian god?

In a sense, yes. Altars definitely help with praying, but if you don’t have one you just cross your arms into the infinity symbol across your chest.

As for powers, most monotheistic religions believe that their god is all powerful, so there isn’t much different there either. That being said, unlike the Christian god, thinking of a sin is not considered committing one, and Ovanubu doesn’t invade your thoughts. He also doesn’t have angels or a devil.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

I see, that can help a bit more. You should make a document somewhere writing down all your thoughts on this religion so that they can be accesses easier.

Well, that’s more or less what The Ovanum will be. Equal parts true stories of Ovanubu, and what we believe. This is mixed in because The stories usually explain why we believe what we do. So far I only have the preamble and first part of the creation story done I’m afraid, but it will be complete.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Hello High Priest Jabbawabba I wish to become a devoted follower

-Aumvara

well when it is complete, then things may start to pick up

Well, that is simple. First, you must say the prayer of application, which is “Ovanubu krakalou fonishi robunop.” As for becoming dedicated, just confess your sins once a month, act as a good Ovanist, and spread the beliefs to as many as possible.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

We can only hope, but who knows how long this whole book will take. It’s a challenge Ovanubu set me to, and he intends for me to finish it eventually no matter what, even with my tentacle hand.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

I have done such things in the last thread can you grant me priesthood

-Aumvara

Excellent! I am glad to see how committed you are, and will ask Ovanubu his requirements for the priesthood right now.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Okay, he layed out the rules. I’ll set them out part by part.

Number 1: Tell us a little about yourself, how you discovered Ovanubu, how he touched tour heart, and why you want to be ordained.

This can be one paragraph if you want, there isn’t a minimum or maximum length.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

I was once a confused man wondering what guidence wold I receive and from what God or demon then I stumbled upon your last thread and Ovanubu had reached my soul and mind that is my story.

-Aumvara

Why I wish to be ordained is that Ovanubu doesn't have many followers to spread his will thus I wish to apply for priesthood

-Aumvara

Truly inspirational. So you’ve been a member of this church for a lot of it’s existence. That’s always a good sign. Tell me, what are your thoughts on redemption and the afterlife?

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Also a very good reason. You’re doing very well at part one so far.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

I'm a boring college fag that discovered Ovanubu by finding the thread from yesterday, and looking at the youtube channel.

I guess i've always been interested in religion so thats why I want to become involved, maybe not ordained quite yet.

Well, you can wait as long as you want to become ordained, though in the future you may be quizzed on The Ovanum. Unlike other religions, our priests can get married and such, and sex before marriage isn’t a sin, so there’s nothing to worry about if you’re concerned with relationships.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Nah not concerned with relationships, religion is always so controversial with me. I have a fucked up mind that thinks too much, which can be a blessing or the opposite.

I should make a name for myself like the good man Aumvara does...

but idk

Really, it is up to you. But you have caught my interest, could you elaborate on why you consider it controversial, and how you over think religion?

~High Priest Jabbawabba

>roleplaying
/trash/ is the other way, faggot.

Roleplaying? This is a thread for my religion, not for some roleplay.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

I never know what to believe since there is so many ideas out there, and I have never had any significant divine interference for me to become a staunch believer in one faith or another.

That being said, any religion is possible for me. I believe that it is the thoughts that make a religion alive. I just never know what to choose or what to do. I can never convince myself of anything.

nice trips
but still religion is not roleplaying

Ah, I understand.What you need is difinitive proof before you choose one, to make sure your bliefs are correct. Whether the proof is reknowned or just happens to you, it’s a justification thing. If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about it so much. Either you’ll find the right religion for you, or stay non-denominational. I obviously push Ovanism, but won’t force you to convert. Believe what you’d like, but if you end up believing our truth, we welcome you with open tentacles.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

This exactly. He must’ve just replied to the wrong thread.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Yeah... i like to experiment with religions so i'm not close minded. I'm open to all ideas. I can try Ovanism for a while and see where it leads me. Just by the looks of it though, the picture of Ovanubu kinda would lead me away (but then again, early pictures of christ were pretty shit). And I suppose the fact that this religion has spread through Sup Forums can lead me to question the seriousness or sanity of such threads.

But still, sometimes ignorance is bliss, and its best to just believe.

Of course. Though I’d urge you to read through the original thread to see what the religion is truly about, a screencap of which I linked in the OP.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

Yes, I was there when the first thread was started, thats how it grabbed my interest. I read it kinda for lols first but after seeing how serious you seem I kinda stopped laughing at it all.

Ah. Well, on this site seeing something as serious is a bit of a turnoff, but what can be done? This is a new religion afterall, relying mainly on people who stumbled upon the thread here, so I’m trying to raise as much awareness as possible for the glory of our tentacular lord.

~High Priest Jabbawabba

I understand completely

I believe that all men have a hope of redemption and the afterlife is out of our comprehension

-Aumvara

I sincerely apologize for my late response High Priest

-Aumvara