Who is the Kate Bush of this generation?

Who is the Kate Bush of this generation?

Grimes

There isn't one

A gen is usually 25 years so Bjork. For a more current one probably Joanna Newsom.

hehe

this /thread

Haha good joke.

this
/thread

you know women are lame when everyone ITT is going to bicker between only the same two contestants

>the same two contestants
Who?

Joanna and grimes, forgot about bjork, the only decent musician

and even then i use decent liberally

Björk is the only one I can think of that is kind of close, idk if she's too old

Bjork is from an older generation. She started making music in '70s and was a member of a few bands in the '80s. She's from the previous generation, just look at her age.

Bjork didnt make a single good album since Homophonic. we have 2010s decade and Grimes is the only queen now

>Bjork didnt make a single good album since Homophonic
Add Vespertine and that's all. Everything post-Vespertine is dull, underwhelming, pretentious, hookless. I tried listening to Vulnicura again few days ago and it was such a chore. Shame she likes those silly strings so much and shame that she forgot how to write a decent tune. People will always remember her for those first 4 albums.

You could say that Kate Bush didn't make a single good album since Hounds of Love. Vonicura is good tho.

She was fucking 10 when she did that album.

>You could say that Kate Bush didn't make a single good album since Hounds of Love.
Sensual World and Aerial were both at very least just good. Most artists just lose their mojo after a about 5-10 years of creative inspiration.

Aerial is ok (the second parat is really good). Sensual World is not very good, it has aged like milk. Vonicura and Medulla are much better albums.

There are plenty of women with shrill voices and annoying music

Lana Del Rey

Like Grimes

She said recently she's sick of strings, so the new album probably won't have any. From everything we know it's sounding more like Vespertine than anything: melodic, uplifting, about being in love. She said the new album is her going more in a direction she went in on Batabid (great Vespertine b-side) and Ambergris March.

A bit under the radar, but I'd say Nitty Bumhole. She's amazing.

I would go with Imogen Heap or Bat for Lashes, although neither of them have achieved the popularity of Kate they're both quite musically innovative

St. Vincent

Marry Me = her Kick Inside
Actor = her Never for Ever
Strange Mercy = her The Dreaming
St. Vincent = her Hounds of Love

IMO St. Vincent is more like PJ Harvey.

Susanne Sundfor.

even though he isn't female, i think perfume genius matches the most closely. Slip Away could have landed on Hounds of Love